vmwmvb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like plain yogurt with some fruit in it. I often just add blue berries
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    1 c. fresh baby spinach, chopped
    1/2 c. diced peppers
    1 egg
    2 egg whites (or 1/3 cup all whites egg replacer)
    1/2 tsp chili powder
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp cumin

Beat all but the veggies together. Add the spinach and peppers. Put in round microwavable bowl, and microwave 3 1/2-4 minutes. Top with 1 TBSP finely shredded reduced fat cheese if you wish. Serve with a piece of fruit for about 260 calories of YUM!

Before bed, put 1/2 c. frozen blueberries, 1 c. almond milk (or whatever kind of milk you like, but almond milk is lower in calories), and 1/2 c. oats or 1/4 c. of steel cut oats. Cover and place in refrigerator. In the morning, stir and enjoy--either cold or slightly warmed.

I'm having this little gem tomorrow, and I'm hoping it tastes as amazing as it looks: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/499785-1-minute-clean-berrylicious-microwave-minute-muffin
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Most of the expert advise out there now is saying "high protein" breakfast. The magic number being 30 grams. Your body has the whole day to burn calories from breakfast.

Thats so true, I never thought of it that way. But I too try to keep my breakfast calories on the low side.
  • jademh
    jademh Posts: 94
    Options
    to stay filled, you need protein.

try a whey protein shake mixed with some chocolate milk.

the protein shake i buy from GNC is called amp wheybolic or something like that and because i'm a girl i was advised by the staff only take one scoop for weight loss (men take 3) and one scoop is only 93 calories. mixed with a cup of skim milk which is 90 calories. eat a little fruit or oatmeal etc on the side and you will stay full, trust me :)
  • musikalmami237
    musikalmami237 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I LOVE scrambling up some egg whites and tossing in all kinds of veggies and also things like deli turkey and low cal cheese :) with some nature's own 40 calorie bread on the side... yum! The eggs can be done in under 100 calories by themselves :) Keeps me full for awhile! And sometimes I'll also have oatmeal on the side with it if I'm really hungry.
  • josephchristy24
    Options
    how low are you looking to go with your calories. i do two eggs two slices of toast sara lea 45 calories per slice lightly buttered and light jam eggs have 70 calories per eggs the total amount is about 260
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Mine is an open faced sandwich :)

Natures own 40 calorie 9 grain bread (40 cals)
    Jimmy Dean - Hearty Sausage Crumbles (Turkey) (Fully Cooked) 60% Less Fat, 1/3 cup ( 40 cals)
    Kraft singles 2% (45 calories)

toast the bread, top with everything else and microwave about 20 seconds

13 grams of protein and 125 calories.

Sometimes I scramble some egg whites too ...but its really yummy either way!
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    whole grain toast
    sliced boiled egg
    2oz cheddar cheese

grilled in the toaster oven
    about 250-300 calories total

Love this in the morning and keeps me going until lunch

or oatmeal and 1c 1% milk
  • danmoffett
    Options
    My typical breakfast. A three egg omelet with spinach, mushrooms, onions, garlic, whole fat cream, cooked in coconut oil, and three or four strips of turkey bacon. That will do me till lunch.
    You are killing yourself with the grains. Read a book called "Wheat Belly" by Dr. William Davis. It will change your life.
    I've lost 153 pounds in the past 24 months.

Find out why you should be living a low carb high fat lifestyle. Read my blog for my story.

Dan
  • gettinerdone_
    gettinerdone_ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast. A three egg omelet with spinach, mushrooms, onions, garlic, whole fat cream, cooked in coconut oil, and three or four strips of turkey bacon. That will do me till lunch.
    You are killing yourself with the grains. Read a book called "Wheat Belly" by Dr. William Davis. It will change your life.
    I've lost 153 pounds in the past 24 months.

Find out why you should be living a low carb high fat lifestyle. Read my blog for my story.

Dan

Just because I have grains for breakfast does not mean I eat only grains :) We need fiber, I think I'll survive.

However, I will look into this because you have intrigued me :happy:
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My standard go-to breakfast is some egg whites with mushrooms, spinach, and salsa, a couple of pieces of Canadian bacon, and one piece of Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread with a little Better N' Peanut Butter, and some almond milk. It all clocks in at around 200-250 calories. Then I treat myself to a mid-morning clementine or two as a sort of 2nd breakfast shortly after I get to work.
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I like the 100 calories Thomas English Muffins with 1 tbs of peanut butter.

I also like the Thomas' Bagel Thins (about 100 cal) with whipped cream cheese.

You can also nuke turkey bacon (sometimes I use Butterball Everyday bacon) - 3 slices is a serving - with a little bit of scrambled egg beaters or whole grain toast......

Cereal just seems to make me hungrier, so I almost never eat cereal in the a.m.

Good luck!!!:smile:
  • caramel1920
    Options
    My go to breakfast is oatmeal. I like it plain with cinnamon and splenda or with 1/2 cup fresh blueberries mixed in, it's super yummy!
    On days I work out I have a protein shake for breakfast with a peice of fruit or fruit juice (not from concentrate).
    Also, wheat pancakes with sugar free syrup and scrambled egg whites is da bomb!!!!:explode: :bigsmile: Hope this helps hun, oh and there's always Cheerios!:wink:
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I eat a piece of wheat toast with 2 TSP of low fat cream cheese.
  • krizz5u6
    Options
    Try a smoothie! that's what i drink everyday and I love it because it's refreshing and not too heavy for the morning plus filling :). I put in 1 medium banana, 1 cup frozen mixed berries, 2 tbls flax seed powder, and about 3/4 cup organic carrot juice (with no sugar added). Ends up being about 297 calories :)
  • anne018
    anne018 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i usually have 1/3 of a cup of quaker microwave quick oats=110 cals
    with 1 about teaspoon of brown sugar =12 cals
    with a lil bit of cinnamon= 18 cals for 1 table spoon
    and 5 strawberries =19 cals
    witch comes up too 159 cals
    plus i drink water
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I love 12-grain toast with natural peanut butter, and a glass of milk. Yummy! Keeps me full too.
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My mornings are crazy, so most of the time I have peanut butter (1 Tbsp) on whole wheat bread as I'm walking out the door and a banana once I get to work. Off the top of my head I think that works out to about 250 or a little less.