My success so far

Options
thamre
thamre Posts: 642 Member
I started my journey started January 2010. I have tried every diet there is. I did the Atkins diets several years ago and managed to lose 50 pounds. Of course, as soon as I stopped I gained it back plus more. The company I work for was doing a "Biggest Loser" contest for 12 weeks. I decided to participate. I was finally ready to lose the weight for good. I was tired of people asking me when I was due. I managed to lose 31 pounds during this time. I came in 4th in the contest. I decided I wanted to keep going. I wanted to be healthy. I wanted to be around for my kids. I was 38 years old and I my goal was to be down 110 pounds by the time I turned 40. I have had many my ups and downs during my journey. But, I have not let it get me down.

This is me at my hightest weight - 260 pounds
me2009.jpg
This is me at probably 170-175
me2011.jpg

I still have about 20-25 pounds I would like to lose. I realize that I may not make that by my 40th(which is in one month). I am ok with that. I am just happy to be healthier for my kids.

Replies

• Masachapa
    Options
    Wow!! You look awesome! You have incredibly fortunate kids!
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You're doing great and you look amazing.
    Congrats on all your progress. Now KEEP GOING!

ps. Hot arms!
  • Icandoit66
    Icandoit66 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Awesome...you look great! Keep up the good work!!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weightloss....you look fantastic!
  • futbolkt21
    Options
    You are amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    WOW! Amazing work! BEAUTIFUL! :flowerforyou:
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    congrats! all your hard work has paid off, you look amazing
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You really do look amazing! Congrats on all your success and Happy 40th!!
  • mrsvandenberg
    Options
    Good Job! You GO girl!
  • mstcass
    mstcass Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • rejs1170
    rejs1170 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well done, I you should be proud of your achievement.
  • daniellek10
    daniellek10 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    you look awesome!!
  • janecl
    janecl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You look great! You've done fantastic and I'm sure will reach your goal even it's not by the exact date you'd picked. Way to go!
  • June5rn
    Options
    you look awesome! A true inspiration!
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    What a transformation!! You look amazing!!!
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I still have about 20-25 pounds I would like to lose. I realize that I may not make that by my 40th(which is in one month). I am ok with that. I am just happy to be healthier for my kids.
    [/quote]

You have accomplished so much, even if you don't reach your ultimate goal by your b-day!! You are such an inspiration!! Congratulations on your success!!:drinker:
  • Cpuff70
    Cpuff70 Posts: 153
    Options
    Wow! Great job!
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the compliments. I am glad I found that old picture of me. It reminds me what I have done. It is really sad that I let myself get that big. But I am so happy with what I have done. I don't even recoginze that person.
  • theresa029
    Options
    wow! you look great!
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    The best birthday present you could have given yourself is this. You have done so well and should be proud of your efforts. Your ultimate goal will be cause for more celebration. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!