Name a favorite movie and a famous quote from it.

Options

Replies

• emmamcblain
    Options

"I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even to stopper death"

Everything Snape says is glorious :heart:

Yay, Hazza. ;D
  • emmamcblain
    Options
    'What' and 'If' are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side, and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life. What if? What if? What if?

- Letters to Juliet :)
  • emmamcblain
    Options
    "The pen is blue. The pen is blue. The G-- D--- pen is blue."

and

"I'm kicking my a--. Do you mind?"

Jim Carey in Liar Liar

LOVE this film. So funny. :)
  • Melylu
    Melylu Posts: 10
    Options
    Wild At Heart "You got me hotter than Georgia asphalt."
  • Chaseyk
    Chaseyk Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Mickey: Mister rabbit says, "A moment of realization is worth a thousand prayers."

Natural Born Killers
  • nicorolla
    Options
    "If you wanna shoot shoot...don't talk" - The good, the bad and the ugly

"Love is never having to say you're sorry" - Love story

"We don't need to control him, we need to unleash him. That man was born to end lives" - Troy

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next" - Gladiator

"Mr. Corleone never asks a second favor once he's refused the first, understood?" - Godfather
  • najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    oh the gladiator one is classic!
  • mickn
    mickn Posts: 15
    Options
    Bladerunner

Roy Batty : "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain. Time to die."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzA_xesrL8
  • Lasityttö
    Lasityttö Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    American Beauty, Ricky Fitts

"Never underestimate the power of denial."
    "Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in."
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My daughter is a tramp! My daughter"s a tramp! You"re 15 years old! How could you do this? You make me sick to my stomach!

Just take my gun, Take my gun and shoot me in the head, tramp! I wish you were never born!

{Riding in Cars with Boys}
  • SteveGresham
    Options
    From "Young Guns II"

Billy the Kid: Yoo Hoo................I'll make you famous.

and

Arkansas Dave Rudabaugh: I've been to gold towns, silver towns, I've even been to turquoise towns. But I have never been to a bat **** town. Can't wait to see the women.

and

Jose Chavez Y Chavez: When troubles come, they come not in single spies but in battalions.
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Watership down - 'Frith' - 'There is not a day or night that a doe offers her life for her kittens, or some honest captain of Owsla, his life for his chief. But there is no bargain: what is, is what must be.'
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    A Few Good Men:

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Titanic......I would rather be his *kitten* than your wife
    League of their own......It's the hard that makes it great
    Gone with the wind.....As God is my witness I will never be hungry again
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Joon: Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese.

or

Sam: You don't like raisins?
    Joon: Not really.
    Sam: Why?
    Joon: They used to be fat and juicy and now they're twisted. They had their lives stolen. Well, they taste sweet, but really they're just humiliated grapes. I can't say I am a big supporter of the raisin council.

*Benny and Joon*

BTW- I like raisins. :wink:

Why is the rum always gone?

That is my second favorite! I was going to put it but I didn't- it is actually what plays when I get a text message! hahaha :laugh:
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    A Few Good Men:

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Best speech in a movie to me, always stop to watch this part. Sends chills down your spine.
  • nettg40
    nettg40 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Reality Bites ... "What is your glitch?"
  • festeris
    Options
    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son - Dean Wormer, Animal House...
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    McLovin? What are you? An irish R&B singer?
  • MKCSFX
    MKCSFX Posts: 24
    Options
    If you don't get that contraband stogie out of my face I'm gonna shove it so far up your *kitten* you will have to set your nose on fire to light it!!!

Gunny Highway - Heartbreak Ridge