Replies

• sammyjbray
    sammyjbray Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    done ;)
  • salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I took it... but was slightly confused that there wasn't a choice under Ethnicity for Black people....

Aren't there any black people in Australia?
    Hi Marianne, so sorry about that. When i first started the study, I was only going to be recruiting from Australia. But yes, we do have black people in Aus. They are our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. I did have an "other" category for ethnicities that fall outside of the ones listed.

But i do appreciate your valuable feedback as it will help me to ensure that i take into consideration the fact that i may advertise internationally for participants in future studies. So thank you again. I apologise if you felt offended in any way. I promise that it was not intentional. All the best!

Ahaha, sorry I'm not trying to be rude - It just made me laugh because I'm from Aus as well and I'm used to seeing Aboriginal/TS as an option, not african descent so I can totally see where phee came from.

I used "other" since I'm hispanic.
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Done :)
  • salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Oh and one more thing! A few people have forgotten to indicate whether their weight is in pounds or kilos. Please, let me know which one you are using as 120 pounds is very different to 120kg and i cant check back with you because of anonymity. Thanks again guys.

Woops. That'd be me. If you hunt for a 5"4/163cm w 62 weight + 'other" as ethnic background - its in Kg.

Sorry about that!
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Done.

:smile:
  • pixieakabigd
    Options
    Done!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I took the survey. Too bad it wasn't up about 2 years ago when I was my heaviest. Everything had been spiraling out of control and all I wanted to do was eat. I am now a ton happier and losing weight at a great rate!
  • Angelangi
    Options
    Done :)
  • katem78
    katem78 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    done!
    Good Luck
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Done :smile:
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    Good luck with your research! Please share your findings, it's an interesting topic!
  • dawnblu
    dawnblu Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    done - I'm in the overweight BMI range.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Completed. [:
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    done :)
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Done
  • phee
    phee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thx to Kym, Micki, Hush, and all the others that have completed the survey since my last post. The support I have gotten from all you guys has been amazing! Im so glad so many of you have been willing to share your time for my project! Can't thank you enough!

I really should go to bed now though. lol. I will repost in the morning which will be in a about 7 or 8 hours from now.

Thanks everyone. Have a great time doing whatever it is you are doing.

:happy:
  • ava33
    ava33 Posts: 26
    Options
    And done! Might do something similar for my BSc in Psychology soon so would also be interested in your findings. Good luck with everything!
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    All done, the 2nd link worked fine. Glad I could help. Some really interesting questions!!- New mum of 6month old twins, trying to shift excess baby weight.... stress-YEP at times!! Results would be very interesting.

x x
  • HalcyonLee
    HalcyonLee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Done. I look forward to the results.
  • cidmarie
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I found the questions very relevant. Since I have been working at making better choices and losing weight, I have had to face a lot of issues that before I would have buried with food. I have used food to stuff my emotions and keep them buried rather than deal with it. Facing myself has been the hardest part of my quest for a healthier life style. I am very critical of myself and think I have to be perfect to be acceptable in all aspects of my life. I have worked hard to become who or what others expect of me. I am getting to know me and who I am. It is like peeling the layers away of an onion, tears and all. I have lost 58 pounds since last May 2011. I have 50 more to go.