Interesting info, CORN, Should we eat it?????

Options

Replies

• PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    How the fvck are you supposed to eat BBQ?
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    CORN: You never really own it.... you just borrow it.
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    There has been insufficient time and evolutionary pressure for complete adaptation to seed consumption to arise in Home sapients. As a result, individuals that tolerate grains and legumes should be considered the minority, not the majority.

Tell that to Asia

I'll pull up some studies that explain the portion of their diet this makes up, as well as the fact that all grains are not created equal. The way they cook their rice also has a differing effect than the foods we eat. (I'll have to check to get all technical. I don't have a biology background and always have to look stuff up.)

Please listen to his lecture. Lalonde is great, and he is not one to overstate his case.
  • nataliefallbach
    Options
    Well you have to start somwhere, and I may not have been on this forum for very long but I have been studying a lot of different things because its interesting and everybody is different. I have found some great things that have helped me with my weightloss so I like to share it. Sorry if my sharing offended you.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I guess we should just avoid all foods and die of starvation then. Really, until the magic food pill that gives you all your nutrients without actually eating any real food comes out...oh wait...people think it did.

Never mind
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My Type I diabetic husband can not eat a lot of corn, he has to stick to strict portion sizes with all starches, including corn, or he sees spikes in blood sugar. We use it as a starch component, not a vegetable. So if we have corn as part of a meal, it replaces another carb.
  • Beccaliebchen
    Beccaliebchen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You should watch "Food, Inc.", that will certainly make you think twice about eating corn, or eating anything that is force fed corn, aka: cows, chicken, pigs, and even some fish. Monsanto has a monopolistic grip on the farming industry and treat their farmers like crap and other farmers who want nothing to do with them like crap as well. After seeing this movie I steer clear of anything that is GMO'd. You found some awesome information and you will find this movie eye opening.
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    There has been insufficient time and evolutionary pressure for complete adaptation to seed consumption to arise in Home sapients. As a result, individuals that tolerate grains and legumes should be considered the minority, not the majority.

Tell that to Asia

I'll pull up some studies that explain the portion of their diet this makes up, as well as the fact that all grains are not created equal. The way they cook their rice also has a differing effect than the foods we eat. (I'll have to check to get all technical. I don't have a biology background and always have to look stuff up.)

Please listen to his lecture. Lalonde is great, and he is not one to overstate his case.

http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
    http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Campbell-Masterjohn.html

I'm still looking for the one that explains the difference in the cooking methods of rice, which kills off... something (darn my non science background). Actually - it MIGHT be in Lalonde's lecture.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options

+1 LOL
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Tell that to Asia

http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
    http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Campbell-Masterjohn.html

I'm still looking for the one that explains the difference in the cooking methods of rice, which kills off... something (darn my non science background). Actually - it MIGHT be in Lalonde's lecture.

If you want some help, they eat mostly white rice, not brown and white rice has lower phytate content. But if lower phytate content made grains more tolerable then there shouldn't be an issue with people eating refined grains
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    WTF is wrong with corn?

The real question is WTF is wong with those who believe this nonsense.
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options

i-didnt-eat-corn-aliens.jpg
  • frogmommy
    frogmommy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!

I am troubled by the number of people here who bash others who are sharing information they have found. The purpose of these boards is to support and motivate. Not bash. If you disagree, use some class and do so in a civil manner.
  • burg1801
    burg1801 Posts: 124
    Options
    http://i.imgur.com/pKm7x.jpg

I fail at pictures.
  • Acg67
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!

I am troubled by the number of people here who bash others who are sharing information they have found. The purpose of these boards is to support and motivate. Not bash. If you disagree, use some class and do so in a civil manner.

Or maybe the purpose of the boards is inform, not fill people's heads with nonsense.
  • luvlyjanny
    luvlyjanny Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I never eat anything that comes out looking the same way it went in

Soooo no chocolate cake for you? :laugh:

hahaha Especially if they have candles on it. Its weird being able to pull out a lit candle out your bum

oh hahaaaa the imagery of candles outta your bum makes me giggle so much :)
  • nataliefallbach
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!

Or maybe the purpose of the boards is inform, not fill people's heads with nonsense.

And you are the expert??????
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options
    I never eat anything that comes out looking the same way it went in

Soooo no chocolate cake for you? :laugh:

hahaha Especially if they have candles on it. Its weird being able to pull out a lit candle out your bum

oh hahaaaa the imagery of candles outta your bum makes me giggle so much :)

It burns
  • sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    How the fvck are you supposed to eat BBQ?

Heck, I just ate corn for lunch...and now remember I'm having BBQ for dinner, smoked turkey to be exact, and I always eat corn with it...so looks like corn for two meals for me today!
  • Acg67
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!

And you are the expert??????

I do know garbage when I see it