Replies

• andrea09
    andrea09 Posts: 124
    Options
    Happy July 1st everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    Options
    Mel!!! You have got to get in high spirits asap, I think everyone's TOM is here at the same time wow what are the odds :grumble: never-the-less you are maintaining your 180 which is great so roll around in the dirt a little today but try to get back on the wagon tomorrow, I haven't worked out in 3 days so in that case I'm a failure too :laugh: but life shall go on....

Andrea-Happy July 1st to you too :happy:
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Keyisha, thanks (for tyring to talk some sense into me and putting up with my dreary mood). I'll be back on board tomorrow no doubt about it (and I have eaten well today - as long as I don't totally mess up at supper, I should be within 1500 calories, which I am pleased with). I'm just fighting a personal battle between my failing body and other little problems. I'm just super bummed out right now... summer kills me. 55 days until school starts and normalcy returns, that's all I keep telling myself.

Andrea, yes, happy July 1st to you as well.
  • MelL1205
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a swell week.

I had great days yesterday and today. Tomorrow is going to be rough because I'm in pain now and probably won't be exercising tomorrow. Saturday... oh boy. Happy 4th to everyone a couple days early. I hope everyone makes wise choices on Saturday - I know I'm hoping I can.
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    Well I got 4 miles of walking/jogging in tonight. but man I am beat...trying to keep up 2 jobs, go to school full time, and work out....:noway: lol but I guess I am making it so far.
    Mel, I'm sorry to hear you're in pain :frown: I hope you feel better soon, and don't beat yourself up about not being able to workout tomorrow. just relax :smile:
    I shouldn't have much trouble being good on the 4th...considering i'm working, instead of doing fun stuff. lol

I hope everyone is having a good week!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty worried about this weekend. Saturday my parents are having a BBQ party (hamburgers & hot dogs)... my stepmom is one of those women who pride themselves on making sure everyone is full and have leftovers. Then on sunday the bf's family is having a party (either steaks or hamburgers) and they always have tons of bad foods there.

I'm hoping to get a workout in afterwords on each day to help balance it out but I'm still pretty worried. I am excited about the free food though :laugh:
  • MelL1205
    Options
    Jess, thanks. And wow - you are amazing with 2 jobs, school and working out. The past two semesters I was balancing 2 jobs and 20 credits, buuuut there was definitely no time for working out. This fall I will only have 17 credits (still full-time, but definitely do-able), 2 jobs, and hopefully time to work out! yay. I wish I was working on Saturday. Oh and fantastic job on the 4 miles. :smile:

Liz, I'm worried too. haha. My mother goes nuts and makes enough food to feed a few armies and she's relentless when it comes to making people eat more and more and more. I've actually already planned my meals on saturday. haha. I'm hoping I can stick to it though! :ohwell: I'm hoping to workout Saturday morning... so long as I'm not in pain like I was yesterday and am still today.

Anyway, today I'll hopefully relax and feel better, but I don't know. My parents are both going nuts today with yardwork and such. But hopefully they won't make me do anything to strenuous because I ache... all over. Not from working out or anything... just from being me.
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    Woot! The scale moved for me! =) Now if I stay away from acohol this weekend I'll be fine ^__^
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Woot! The scale moved for me! =) Now if I stay away from acohol this weekend I'll be fine ^__^

It moved for me this morning too! I'm at 204 now :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Can I save this for mondays weigh in just in case I go too overboard this weekend? haha, j/k

Mel ~ Sorry to hear you're still in pain. Hopefully the aches will go away and you can get some exercise in. My knees were killing me during the first 1/2 mile of my walk yesterday... I ended up pushing through the pain and felt better once I got past that 1/2 mile. Weird stuff. I hate my knees :grumble:
  • MelL1205
    Options
    Weird stuff. I hate my knees :grumble:

I hate my body. Hooray for us. :explode: Sorry for my glum mood.
    I will cheer up, I promise.

And Jenn (& Liz too!) hooray for scale budging. Now if only I could get mine to do that! :grumble:
  • MelL1205
    Options
    burned over 750 calories at the gym this morning on the elliptical (for a looong time) because I was ticked off at the obnoxious chicks pointing out girls in the commercials on tv saying how they must weigh close to 300 pounds when they looked fit as a fiddle to me (I'd say 150lbs, tops). so it made me angry so I stayed on the elliptical since all the bikes/treadmills were taken - I guess everyone works out on the 4th of july. haha.

so I can't go over my cals now... well, I can... but it's going to be much easier not to.

Happy 4th, everyone!
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I'm really bummed out. It's been 11 days since my mother-in-law passed away and I know I haven't been healthy with my eating and exercise, but today when I weigh myself, I'm back to 148 lbs!!!!
    I gained 4 pounds in 11 days! It took me so long to get to 144 lbs and I gained it back so quickly....I'm feeling discourage, tired, and moody. I yelled at my kids this morning and I know they feel the tension. :cry:
  • MelL1205
    Options
    Yessie, I gained 2 pounds eating well and exercising. I don't know what to say besides life is cruel...

Hmm I wish I had something useful to say to help you, but I'm in a rather glum mood myself and probably cannot be of much help.

I do wish you and your family some peace though. :heart:
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    I'm really bummed out. It's been 11 days since my mother-in-law passed away and I know I haven't been healthy with my eating and exercise, but today when I weigh myself, I'm back to 148 lbs!!!!
    I gained 4 pounds in 11 days! It took me so long to get to 144 lbs and I gained it back so quickly....I'm feeling discourage, tired, and moody. I yelled at my kids this morning and I know they feel the tension. :cry:
    dont beat yourself up so much. with all thats going on, thos four pounds could be a lot of things. maybe you are holding water...? you are doing great. dont worry about the scale right now!
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    Thanks girls, I think I needed to hear that! :happy:
  • JustAnotherGirl
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    I hope that you all had a safe and healthy 4th!! I apologize for not being around this week. I had so much homework and a final. Now things are starting to slow down again! :smile:
    I am glad to hear that the scale is moving for some of you! That is awesome, keep up the good work!

Yessie- I am very sorry to hear about you MIL. I cannot imagine what you and your husband are going through. My thoughts are with you in this hard time, but do not beat yourself up about gaining a little weight. I know that if I were in your situation, I would gain weight as well. When you are ready, you will be able to start losing again.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Mel- Those girls at the gym are lame. I am glad that you were able to channel that anger into calorie loss!! :bigsmile: Your doing great!

Wow, I cannot believe that we are weighing in a gain tomorrow!! Where is the time going :noway: Well, I will talk to you all tomorrow. Have a great rest of the weekend!!

GO RED TEAM!!!!

-Mack
  • MelL1205
    Options
    I must admit that I am absolutely terrified to weigh-in tomorrow morning! I have been good ALL week (I think I went over 1 day... and it wasn't by a lot). I exercised 4 days, which seems to be my average (usually 45-50 minutes each time). And I'm feeling pretty good. But the scale has been known to disappoint me. :ohwell: It hasn't really budged in several months (a pound here, a pound there... up and down), but I'm really hoping this week will be the week. I just don't want to be disappointed after I feel like I did so well this week! So I'm scared! :frown:

But, on a happy note, I haven't measured myself in about a month, and I lost 1/2 inch off my thighs and 1/2 inch of my waist. Which puts me back where I was at the end of April (I had added on 1/2 inch both places... even though I hadn't gained anything... odd).

Well, best of luck to you all tomorrow morning... I'll probably start a new thread when I wake up if I come online early. Maybe Monique will be back from vacation.

Mack - glad to hear things are settling down. :smile:

Yessie - I hope you are doing well. You are in my thoughts. :flowerforyou:

Everyone else - I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend and I look foward to hearing about everyone's progress tomorrow! :bigsmile: Hopefully we get a better showing than this past Monday... :wink:

Mel
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    well im back! yay!
    but im fatter then ever...
    laughlin neveda consists of buffets and well thats it...
    so im back gaining three pounds...
    so im going to super dedicated to this diet now...
    because sitting on the beach in a t shirt was not fun...
    while i see the other skinny girls in these skimpy bathing suits...
    i know for sure im going to work out 6 days of the week...
    i ordered my wii fit and going to be on that all the time...

but ya i havent read all the posts but it seems like some people are not on the team anymore...
    so i think tomorrow we are going to be recruiting...
    its better when u have more people around...
    instead of two posts a week...

im ready...
    tomorrow is a new day :]