The reason you fail at losing weight

Options

Replies

• msmithevv
    msmithevv Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well said! It's all true. Just let me add that what works for one person does not necessarily work for another person. Don't judge your success based on someone else's results.:happy:
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! People like me who are on the last few, need to hear this. While the scale isn't moving much, I am making changes and progress. Sometimes I need to be reminded.
  • taylorblues
    taylorblues Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump! to read later
  • irenephillip824
    Options
    Absolutely right! Thank you:)
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Bravo!!! "Applause"
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Nice:happy:
  • Go_Silly
    Go_Silly Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    VERY WELL SAID!.. Thank you so much for posting this and explaining to those that don't quite understand how to accomplish their goal!
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I needed this reminder today. I'm very frustrated with the scale but know that it's so much more than that. In fact, I noticed my clothing was loose today, even though the scale hasn't moved.
  • DayAtATime
    Options
    Thanks for the great post. It is so nice not to be caught up with scale when so many other things are so important.
  • thadreamer
    thadreamer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Amen!!! I am so guilty of being inpatient, in fact it is the one thing that holds me back from succeeding!!! Wanting a miracle....
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Great post! Very well said!

It's true what they say: You didn't gain all the weight over night - You shouldn't expect to lose it that fast either! (Hmmm I need to take my own advice! LOL)
  • jame_104
    jame_104 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH! I really needed this. :happy:
  • pounce73
    Options
    bump
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Sweet, another person that gets it. A handful of us push this sediment all the time but it's hard as hell to get others to think differently.
  • holly1007
    holly1007 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! Thanks so much, Love it!!
  • celticcateyes
    celticcateyes Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this fantastic post. Its important for people to remember that weight loss should be about healthy lifestyle changes. My very good friends remind me of that whenever I wish I were losing 10lbs a month.

Sometimes I get discouraged because my weight loss is so very slow. Part of this is due to health reasons, while the other part is due to my busy schedule as a graduate student. I see others pulling amazing numbers week after week, when I am lucky to get a 1lb (two is AMAZING! haha). Granted, I've lost about 35lbs from my highest weight (15lbs before I joined MyFitnessPal), but its been over a year and a half, and I Have another 30 to lose for my health and fitness goals. I dropped off of MyFitnessPal for a bit, and gained 5 pounds back :( Such a waste of time/energy to have to get rid of those 5 lbs again. BUT I am back, and glad to see encouraging posts such as this one.
  • mickyjd
    Options
    Great post my friend - very sensible and needed said, so well done.

The reason some people fall off of diet and exercise is exactly that - that they often put on weight in the first two or 3 weeks. This can be due to your body retaining water.

Again, I'm no Doctor, but a trainer once explained to me that when you start exercising after a while of not doing so, your muscles will be sore. Your body reacts to this by protecting these muscles by retaining fluids around them, hence you may actually put on weight.

After a few weeks of exercise and diet your body lets this go, so it may take 4 or 5 weeks to see initial results. This happened exactly like this for me, so just thought I'd pass it on.

Make a commitment to change your life through diet and exercise and stick to it friends. It WILL work out!

Best

Michael
  • blacknezz
    blacknezz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    LOVING THIS POST :)
  • deniserenee_02
    deniserenee_02 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I couldn't have said it better myself :)
  • charneus
    Options
    Shameless bump for all the positive feedback I got! :P