13»

Replies

• BOATS52
    Options
    Wow Danica took a Big Lick !
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Call me closedminded, but these are the people I think of when I think "nascar."

nascar-fan_display_image.jpg?1294904226

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJxvzG3rC6SiqLLieBHN1IMNaVUjdvTFyjdPN9mDHeX0Hec-L7Ivd5TFMi

Hm. Well, yeah.. I guess you'd probably be close minded if you assume every NASCAR fan looks like that. As you can see from this thread, normal people like NASCAR. Just like normal people like basketball, football and hockey. Yep, there are definitely a slew of "Good Ole Boys", but from my experience 99.9% of NASCAR fans are normal people.

Exactly this!
  • twinoakbob
    twinoakbob Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Not sure what to think of Danica. I wish her the best, but I'm not holding my breath.

As far as who I will root for - I'm a die-hard Matt Kenseth fan, but also lean toward Paul Menard. Must be a Wisconsin thing. I have actually raced (IIRA ice racing) against Paul and he smoked my *kitten* every time.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I am a Gordon girl, but I am REALLY excited to see Danica. I may have to have split allegiance. did you see that wreck yesterday she was in, or the one last weekend where Gordon decided he was gonna do things different and drive on the side of the car? Damn!!!! I am just glad it is starting....... I was getting sad since football season was gone.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    5 car KK is dreamy
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Call me closedminded, but these are the people I think of when I think "nascar."

nascar-fan_display_image.jpg?1294904226

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJxvzG3rC6SiqLLieBHN1IMNaVUjdvTFyjdPN9mDHeX0Hec-L7Ivd5TFMi

I love you! But you are an *kitten*!!! ;) I love Nascar...... I saw a sign one time that said it stood for Non-Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks...... I had to laugh.
  • uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge Junior fan, although it's tough at times LOL
    I like Danika also...

jealous...wish i was going! going to have to settle to watch it on the tv...
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would like NASCAR until I worked in a nursing home and that was all that was on Sunday nights so it kinda grew on me - #88 all the way. I really have no thoughts on her yet but in my opioion, she appears to be more of a sex symbol than anything else.
  • Jannie2258
    Jannie2258 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been keeping an eye on her a little bit...I'm impressed with her enthusiasm, as well as the stats on her...I think she'll make it big...she seems to be pretty humble...unlike a few of the guys....like Kyle...even though he's my man, and is a great driver, he's a little stuck on himself...have fun! If we were acquianted and lived in the same area of the country, I'd "hint around" for a sovenir...lol! Lucky you! Maybe someday...for me...will just have to save up!
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
  • TruckerChick
    Options
    Tony Stewart Fan here.

Personally, I think Danica is good for the sport in that she is going to increase viewers, sponsors, and spectators, which is much needed. I think she's a talented driver and I hope she does well. I'm not a big fan, personally, but I LOVE that there is a talented WOMAN driver in the sport ... especially after the Shawna Robinson fiasco.