Tired of oatmeal! On the go breakfast ideas?

Options
I'm getting soooo tired of oatmeal but I have no time to eat breakfast at home. I need something that I can either eat in the car or at my desk at work that at most requires heating up. I also don't really want it to go over 200 calories max and it needs to get me through to lunch.

Anyone have a great low cal breakfast they love?

Replies

• LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I work from home and I still don't like to make breakfast! Honestly what fills me up pretty good is a Rich Chocolate Royale Slim Fast bottle. 190 calories. Other than that I shoot for grapefruit and splenda (maybe with a granola or cereal bar?) if you need something to chew. Good question though.
  • rosefan121
    Options
    There are different types of cereal that you can eat. You can rotate them too so you don't feel blah... You can also eat fruit. Bananas are pretty filing.. you can get some low fat yogurt and add to it :) Hope it helps.
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I've started eating egg whites. If you have a fridge at work you can keep a carton in there then heat up the egg whites in the microwave. 2 eggs worth (1/2 cup) takes about a minute. I just add some salt and pepper, but of course salsa or spinach or even cheese is good too. It's only about 60 calories, fills me up, and a great source of protein.
  • melloneill16
    melloneill16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you have heard of AdvoCare, but they make great meal replacement bars and shakes and I have one everyone morning and they help hold off hunger for a good 3-4hours!

https://www.advocare.com/11089625/Store/default.aspx
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Options
    I like BelVita breakfast biscuits by Nabisco - especially the ones with blueberries in them. You can find them in the cookie aisle. They are 230 calories for 5, so you could adjust to keep it under 200 calories. For something sweet, they really do last a good long while. Also try Skinnygirl Daily On-the-Go bars. The pretzel and dark chocolate ones are fabulous. They are 200 calories and can be broken in half if you like.
    17614804.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • rhondaruth
    Options
    Special K has a variety of breakfast bars @ 90 calories each. They are small but since I don't like breakfast, they work for me.
  • mocajo
    Options
    Kashi has some great Fruit and Grain Bars that are only 120 calories and fill you up.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Special K has a variety of breakfast bars @ 90 calories each. They are small but since I don't like breakfast, they work for me.

Special K also have a bunch of protein shakes @180/190 calories each. I love them for a quick breakfast because you just have to grab one out of the fridge, and despite being a drink, they really do keep me full until lunch. Pros: 10g protein. Cons: 18g sugar.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Toast with Peanut butter or Yogurt with Brann buds.....doesn't get much faster than that!! :wink:
  • fitnessgoalie
    fitnessgoalie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love a boiled egg ( usually with my oatmeal, LOL). My staple is lowfat yogurt and a granola bar. Bananas are always great, too! Best wishes!
  • Spamee
    Spamee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love Emerald Breakfast on the Go. There are several Flavors. Ranging from 180-200 Cals
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I eat 1 and 1/4 cups of Kiks cereal (110calories) and 1/2 of milk its a very low calorie breakfast but still enough food to actually be filling! So far it is the lowest calorie good tasting cereal I can find!
  • jacobschwarz
    jacobschwarz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    For a change of pace, 2 hard boiled eggs. 100 calories each. Watch the salt and don't eat more than 4 a week!
  • jamie_maddox
    jamie_maddox Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I eat a Luna Bar for breakfast. Nutz Over Chocolate is my favorite. It's 180 calories and pretty filling.
  • sbeisel1
    sbeisel1 Posts: 181
    Options
    Vega whole food shakes, I have one scoop, blended with frozen fruit and some water and sometimes milk, its a meal to go and tastey too. and very healthy. Its Dairy, soy and gluten free too. im not a vegan but I love this stuff. Oh and they are free of artificial sweetners too. I avoid fake sugars.
    Vega also makes meal bars wich are even better for on the go, all natural and super duper healthy.
    a frozen fruit smoothie with yogurt is good too.

hard boiled eggs are a good on the go too.
    Peanut butter on whole wheat bread.
    Liberte greek vanilla yogurt 100g cup is 80 claories 0% milk fat and 10grams of sugar and 9 grams of protien.
    Steel cut oats with honey and fruit

*edit* almost all my weekday breakfasts are on the go, variety and protien is key.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I would say some kind of breakfast bar or even a bagel with Almond Butter. Quick and easy. When I get tired of oatmeal I just blend up a smoothie:

Frozen Fruit (Strawberrier, Blackberries, Blueberries, Ect)
    Vanilla yogurt
    Granola
    OJ

I drink it on the way to work and it is like a dessert to me.
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    One of my go-to breakfasts is Greek Yogurt mixed with about 100 cal of cereal (granola or Kashi or something). I mix it in a throw-away bowl & grab a plastic spoon cuz you want it to sit for a few minutes to soften the cereal. I eat it in my car and throw the bowl & spoon away. Simple, quick. Enough protein to keep me from being starving by lunch time.
  • millie916
    Options
    Greek Yogart is a go to for me when I'm tired of Steel Oats/Oatmeal. Theres a variaty of brands and even sizes but all the individual ones I've tired have been under 200 Calories. They can get a little pricy but I look for what's on sale The bestpart is its creamyer and isn't as harsh on the stomach like regualr yogurts for me.
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I like cream of wheat, and it does come in an instant form, in multiple flavors. Added bonus: each serving is about 130 calories and has more vitamins than oatmeal and a whopping 50% of your daily iron.
  • jafox77
    Options
    Do a Google search on 'hungry girl egg mug'. You'll find lots of great recipes for what are essentially omelettes that you microwave in a coffee cup. Very filling, lots of protein and low in calories! Keep a carton of egg beaters and maybe some chopped veggies at work and you'll be good to go!