Zumba Lovers

Options

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I love zumba --- I joined LifeTime Fitness JUST for zumba so I can go to all the different locations. I got 4-6 times a week and love it. I have the DVD's too -- but they are boring as heck and the being in a dark room with 50 other people screaming and the music blaring is MUCH more fun. PLUS - you meet lots of people who keep you accountable. If I miss a few days, I get texts asking me where I am.

Also, get a HRM with a chest strap -- the online calculators are way off (usually WAY too high) --- and don't be disappointed if you dont burn 1000 cals an hours, I've been doing it over a year and my typical hour is 350-500 and I work my butt off. The online sites all over estimate . It's important to be accurate because you should be eating your cals back so you want it to be correct.
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i use a HRM when i do Zumba, and its different each time, depending on how much effort i put into it.... i average around 622 calories.... i am 5 4 and am 155 pounds, and its when i am into it and jumping prettygood, i would guess i am about mid way with energy, meaning there are some that jump more and some that do less. I dont know if you can go by someone elses information... but would make a good guess.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    i use a HRM when i do Zumba, and its different each time, depending on how much effort i put into it.... i average around 622 calories.... i am 5 4 and am 155 pounds, and its when i am into it and jumping prettygood, i would guess i am about mid way with energy, meaning there are some that jump more and some that do less. I dont know if you can go by someone elses information... but would make a good guess.

I am the same height and weight and burn on average about 200 calories LESS than you an hour.
    I have been doing it a very long time ---- so that might have something to do with it --- it could also be age, but this tells you that you sure can't go by a site that just asks for your height and weight and "guess" on intensity. I love jumping and I walk out of there sweating like a fiend. I would say that I am on the high end.
  • MrsHallum07
    MrsHallum07 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    :happy: I have been doing Zumba since July 28th, 2011. It has been a great confidence builder for me & I love the way I feel when I complete the class. I have a wonderful instructor & she keeps us all motivated & inspired. I have made wonderful friends as well & we all just love to get together & shake it! We workout for about an hour & go through at least 17 songs w/ routines. On some nights we will have 2hr. long classes & it is so wonderful I LOVE TO ZUMBA, be careful though it can be addicting!!!!
  • apesid
    apesid Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've just recently starting Zumba - but I really enjoy it!

When I've gone I burn about 600-650 cal an hour according to my HRM.
  • MrsHallum07
    MrsHallum07 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If I don't come out of class being completely drenched w/ sweat, I am not working hard enough!
  • lillgurly16
    Options
    LOVE ME SOME ZUMBA!!!
  • vegasaims
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA! I got a ZUMBA group at work too! :heart: :love:
  • mommydwyer
    Options
    If you google 'how many calories are burned doing one hour zumba' it will ask you your weight & age and give you an answer. I am fifty-eight &, for my weight, I burn 657 calories an hour doing zumba.
  • NHBourque
    Options
    I am an admitted Zumba aholic!! I've been doing it at the Y for a couple of years! So fun!! I can feel my abs (my problem area) getting a lot stronger!
  • hungryPHATbunny
    hungryPHATbunny Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to Zumba- I wear HRM and burn approx. 400 calories in about 50 mins. Great to do Ina class.
  • newme201213
    newme201213 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love zumba workout...i used to hate cardio workouts,..and i always loved dancing...
    zumba gave me all that...i am trying to go 3 to 4 times a week.....
    I calculate my calories through zumbacalories.com website and its pretty accurate.

Do share ur weightloss stores here..
  • ChristinaMcKeever
    ChristinaMcKeever Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love zumba been doing it since june 2011! thanks to zumba and mfp i have lost over 30 pounds iwould have lost more but health reasons have slowed me down a bit, i do zumba at home on the dvds and its fantastic i have tried other workouts but nothing compares to how i feel during and after zumba!!! i also calculate my calories burned by using the website www.zumbacalories.com The best dance workout out video EVER!!!
  • kashmyre
    kashmyre Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Absolutely LOVE Zumba. You can add a custom workout called Zumba. This is what I have done. Once you put in your first value (zumbacalories.com) it will adjust based on your weightloss and the time you put in. I am 5'8", 185 and burn about 650-750 per 60 minutes (depending on how hard I work). I have been doing it for about a year and a half, but only really seriously for about 5 months (3-4 days per week). I have lost 46 pounds (started at 230) and can honesly say that Zumba had a big part of that (along with MFP). I actually have considered becoming an instructor.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I tried Zumba years ago and hated it. I started doing it again 6 months ago and I LOVE it!!
  • tobenjoy
    Options
    I am addicted it is fantastic. It does feel like going to a club with a group of friends. I have the latest Wii Zumba at home too but it isn't the same I have done it only a dozen times but I do Zumba 2-3 times a week at my gym.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is VERY addicting! My first Zumba experience was last month at a Zumbathon (2 hrs)!! And I hadn't done ANY exercise since last summer on my bike. Funny, I had never even heard of Zumba before January.

Anyway, I now try to work my schedule around Zumba. But FUN!! I have heard people say it's fun on the wii, etc, UNTIL...they go to a class. And it is SOOOO much more fun at a class. I haven't done the wii thing, tho.
  • dr3am3r
    dr3am3r Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba!!!! I have the DVD's and also have it on wii! It is so much fun and I can do it for ever and not feel like I am working out at all!!!!
  • yp77
    yp77 Posts: 25
    Options
    I want to try it but I have no rhythm!

me nether hun, but I am trying everything
    its kinda a new moto of mine, if I wanna do it I am going to, since I became a single mum, iv'e kinda stepped out of being a wall flower for 12 years and am doing lots of new things, its a really good way to build confidence :)
  • oliviaseward
    oliviaseward Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i love zumba! im doing the class everythime im done it looks like ive stepped out of the shower ahaha its aso taught me how t shake dat assss :)