Looking for more friends 35 or older

Options

Replies

• anakelela
    anakelela Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 with no kids, but had a stressful job where I became comfortable with my weight. Then I took care of my mom until she passed away and now I'm trying to get back on my feet.

I eat healthy, but I don't eat often enough, so my metabolism is at a snail's pace. How I wish to be in my 20s when that didn't matter.

I've added a few of you guys on here and feel free to add me as well. Let's have fun with this!
  • onegoalabs
    Options
    I'm 36, add me! :)
  • dvigeant
    Options
    Hit the 40 last October. Feel free to add me. Another friend to lean on is always a great thing.
  • skrinde
    Options
    Hi! I'm 40 (41 in a few months). I've been using MFP off and on for a few months now, but only recently really got 100% motivated and dedicated. I would love the opportunity to have more support and be of support and encouragement with others as well. I have health conditions that can make it rough to lose weight, so I really need all the support I can get. Looking forward to success this time around! :smile:
  • ShellyQ712
    ShellyQ712 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and totally understand! Please feel free to add me! The more friends on here the better to help with encouragement and advice.:smile:
  • sollyn
    sollyn Posts: 179
    Options
    I hear you, I am 37 and especially after I quit smoking the weight packed on. Good luck everyone! With a lot of hard work we can all achieve the numbers we want to be at :bigsmile:

I agree with that! Me too. I'm 40 this year! Not going to be fat and forty!!!!!
  • HJCsDaddy
    HJCsDaddy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    36 years old, 12 pounds away from goal, been losing about 2 pounds a week.
  • yorkies2
    Options
    I am 41, feel free to add me.
  • gg9nerak
    gg9nerak Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 a few weeks ago. I hope that's not too old. It's good that you are getting in shape in your mid 30's...it gets harder the older you get. Oh well...I have lost 26 lbs and have about 40 to go.
  • Hollsjazzy
    Hollsjazzy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just turned 36! I would love to find more friends closer to my age that suffer from the same SLOW metabolism! :-(
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I am 40 and the scale does not want to move. I am noticing changes in muscle tone though. However, I now have issues with joints and stuff that I would not have had if I had started this at an earlier age. Knees and feet especially. :)
  • Alymom2008
    Alymom2008 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 and I agree with you , it is much harder to lose and maintain weight at this age. I'd love any new peeps in this age range too! So feel free to add me too! :)
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    35 here... feel free to add me!
  • redsteve65
    redsteve65 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    47 next week. Seems to be that the older you get the harder it is to eat right, exercise more and lose weight.

Anybody can feel free to add me.
  • hdelos
    Options
    count me in!
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Does anybody else have more aches than they used to? I do a personal training class and I have always been very active and limber and now I find that my body aches more after my workout. I have been doing very well on my calories and logging everything and my pants are still tight. I've been doing some reading on the web and the most important thing I keep reading for over 35 is exercise exercise exercise. It seems that it may take a while for the work to pay off but just to keep with it and it will start coming off. I think we are so used to our old metabalism that we want immediate results.

Also, it seems that eating a high carb/calorie day once a week seems to actually rev your metabalism more than being on consistentl low calories days. We'll see - I'm hanging in there - I have a mexico trip to go on in September and I want to be in a bikini on the beach!
  • 1ArmyMom1
    Options
    Hi there... I'm a 42 year old mother of 3... grandmother to 1 fabulous little baby girl. Lost 43 so far but have been STUCK there for a couple of months and I have 12 - 17 lbs more to go. Anyone here, feel free to add me as a friend! :flowerforyou:
  • mawmawandlovingit
    mawmawandlovingit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am 46, and just getting started, feel free to add me.
  • kelleemaray
    kelleemaray Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend! I'm 45 and had to stop running last year. Wow...the weigh just poured on and I'm having trouble getting it off.
  • lore2810
    lore2810 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    38 year old Canadian :)
    feel free to add me!

I find my problem is not making the time for me...even though we don't have kids it seems there is always something more important to do.

Anyone else have this problem?