Any ideas for 3 cans of organic pumpkin????

Options
Jeneba
Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
What was I thinking???? Please help Little Jeneba clean out her kitchen pantry....
:wink:

Replies

• sunshinekind919
    sunshinekind919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump. I still have cans myself!
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Afraid my only response is: you can buy canned pumpkin? I did not know this
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I saw a post somewhere where someone mixed it with those boxed cake mixes? Without oil and eggs, and I think they made some pretty kickass pumpkin muffins. Never tried it myself, but it sounded intriguing.

I'd make pumpkin bread or loaf :) Let me know if you want the recipe. I have it kicking around somewhere, or use it to make a veggie lasagna. I've made it where you spread it in between the layers of pasta with tons of veggies, sauce and ricotta :)

12854723.png
  • rayleansout
    Options
    Add protein powder, baking powder, stevia, and oatmeal - make muscle cookies!!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    What was I thinking???? Please help Little Jeneba clean out her kitchen pantry....
    :wink:

I make a killer pumpkin risotto - everybody always asks for the recipe, so I finally posted it online: http://allrecipes.com/personalrecipe/62942818/pumpkin-risotto/detail.aspx

Make a crustless pumpkin pie - bake/serve in small ramekins.

Mix it into greek yogurt with some spices and sugar/artificial sweetener.

Mix it into oatmeal with some spices, walnuts and sugar/artificial sweetener.
  • chas2ski
    chas2ski Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can mix a can of pumpkin with a box of cake mix. I have only tried chocolate cake mix. Anyway, put the mixture in a muffin tin and bake. Makes really yummy, low fat muffins.
  • RainbowPearl
    RainbowPearl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If you do a search for pumpkin on here, you will be able to have some recipes and ideas for pumpkin. They look interesting.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    1 cup of pumpkin, 1 cup of water, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1 box of betty crocker white cake mix. Put into a well greased 9 x 13 pan, bake at 350 until a toothpick comes out clean, and cut into 12 pieces. 150 calories.

These are so good and light and fluffy.
  • JenSmith1104
    Options
    I about 1/4 c with a bowl of oatmeal and add some cinnamon and nutmeg and a touch of pure maple syrup. Tastes like I'm eating pumpkin pie for breakfast!

Also mix a can with a box of chocolate cake mix and bake it for great healthier muffins/cake.
  • Janice032557
    Janice032557 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    This is a recipe I got from Weight Watchers:

1 can pumpkin
    1 box devil food cake mix

Mix pumpkin into cake mix, batter will be thick. Add a tablespoon or two of water if batter is too thick. Spoon batter into cupcake tins and follow baking directions on box of cake mix.

I've also tried this using a carrot cake mix, but prefer the chocolate.
  • Jeneba
    Options
    Bump. I still have cans myself!

I am soooo glad to be of service! LOL! Looks like you & I will now have to BUY MORE CANS to try out all these AMAZING recipes!!!!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I actually just eat it. Add some chicken base and heat up. I love squash.
  • beckys19
    beckys19 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin soup!
  • Jeneba
    Options
    I saw a post somewhere where someone mixed it with those boxed cake mixes? Without oil and eggs, and I think they made some pretty kickass pumpkin muffins. Never tried it myself, but it sounded intriguing.

I'd make pumpkin bread or loaf :) Let me know if you want the recipe. I have it kicking around somewhere, or use it to make a veggie lasagna. I've made it where you spread it in between the layers of pasta with tons of veggies, sauce and ricotta :)

12854723.png

Hi Zumba - I would LOVE the recipe for the lasagne!!! :heart:
  • Jeneba
    Options
    Thank you all sooooooo much!!!!! These are all terrific ideas! Can't wait to try them! Maybe I will buy more cans of pumpkin.... :heart:
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I make a pumpkin pudding...like pumpkin pie but without the crust. If you cut back on the sugar and use low/no fat evaporated milk, it's pretty good for you. And I eat it for breakfast:wink:
  • danilandry
    danilandry Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin french toast bake, one of my favorite Sunday morning treats in the fall :D

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pumpkin-french-toast-bake/
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Add 1 can to a dark chocolate brownie mix. and viola low calorie brownies !!