Any ideas for 3 cans of organic pumpkin????

Options

Replies

• hbkanumalla
    hbkanumalla Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin is the bomb, health wise! I like to add a 1/3 cup or so to my oatmeal. You can also make healthy pumpkin pancakes. You can also sneak it into soups, casseroles and stuff to add more veggies to something and not even notice that it's there. It just adds a richness and all the added health benefits.
  • LMW1015
    LMW1015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Our favorite new bread is Pumpkin Banana Bread - http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/10/pumpkin-banana-bread.html . It is delicious and smells amazing! I had a can of pumpkin leftover from the holidays so what I did is get a bunch of freezer bags and put 1/2 cup in each one - then all of them in another freezer bag. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup so all I need to do is defrost the pumpkin when I'm ready to make a loaf. I'm learning to freeze a lot of stuff right now. LOL But pumpkin seems to freeze really well. This last batch turned out fantastic and it was from some of the frozen stuff.
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin soup!!! Saute onions, carrots, add organic chicken stock, pumkin spices and pumkin-bring to a boil and set aside-add a little evaporated milk or cream. Taste for salt and pepper-I add a little hot sauce, then either use an immersion blender or blend it in a blender till smooth. Delish!
  • not2creative
    Options
    I just calculated the Weight Watchers points for the pumpkin risotto. 7 points per serving. I will save the recipe in my recipe box on all recipes website and try it at some point. It sounds very interesting.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Smoothie!!
  • Anet47
    Anet47 Posts: 24
    Options
    I laughed because I did the same thing to myself, organic and all! In the spirit of eating good food in moderation, I suggest pumpkin chocolate-chip bread, and pumpkin ice cream. :-)
  • Goose28in
    Goose28in Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If you have protein shakes toss it in. Feed it to your dog.
  • YLSIL
    YLSIL Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My friend feeds her dog home made dogfood with a pumpkin base. She loves it!
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    pumpkin soup is my fav/
    saure onions, garlic, ginger and a dash of curry if you like
    add 1 can pumpkin add 2 c chicken broth simmer
    add a cup milk
    so good and warm feeling
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin, ground turkey and white bean soup in the crock pot. Made it a couple of months back, really good!
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
  • bubblicious84
    bubblicious84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I make a pumpkin smoothie that, to me, tastes like a pumpkin pie shake! Here's what I use in it:

1/2 cup pumpkin
    1/2 banana (frozen or not)
    1/2 4oz carton of honey flavored nonfat Greek yogurt
    About a tablespoon of agave nectar or honey
    Ice if your banana wasn't frozen
    Splash of almond milk if it needs thinned
    Good dash of cinnamon

Give all this a go in the blender. So. Good. I've added a little splenda for extra sweetness and some ginger before too.
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Spice Pancakes with Pumpkin Butter. They are SO yummy! The recipe is on Skinny Taste: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/10/pumpkin-spice-pancakes-with-pumpkin.html

Enjoy!
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    put it in pancakes, shakes, pumpkin bars.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I made a killer pumpkin chili a couple of months ago...still have one bag of it in the freezer, I think I'll go dig that out now! It was basically a ground beef and two bean chili with a can of pumpkin, and you add just a bit of pie spice. good stuff!
  • FrankWorsley
    FrankWorsley Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump
  • jelicaa
    jelicaa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    This is from the designer whey protein website. I've tried it before....but use another brand. It's absolutely delicious! Almost takes like egg nog

ROTEIN PUMPKIN SPICE
    (PRE-WORKOUT)
    INGREDIENTS
    1 SCOOP Designer Whey French Vanilla
    1 CUP UNSWEETENED ALMOND MILK
    1/2 CUP 100% PURE UNFLAVORED CANNED PUMPKIN PUREE
    1 TSP VANILLA EXTRACT
    1/2 TSP PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
    2 PKT STEVIA- SWEETENED TO TASTE
    DIRECTIONS
    Add water, stevia, Vanilla Extract and Protein Powder and blend on high speed for one minute.
    Add remaining ingredients, blend until smooth.
    Healthy Sweet Snack for 2!

110 Calories; 10g Protein; 3g Fat; 11g Carbs; 7g Sugar
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Food bank.
    I hate pumpkin. Irrationally so.