Couch to 5K anyone???

Options
I just started Couch to 5K and looking for some peeps that are doing it too.. this was my first week and I did it!

Replies

• MrsMuffinRun
    Options
    I am week 3, I will be your friend!
  • trustymutsi
    trustymutsi Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I was actually going to ask something about this. I'd like to do it, but I don't have an app friendly device. Any tips on how to keep track of when to walk/run? Seems like it would be a pain to keep checking your watch and keeping track of how much time has gone by for each set.
  • hbkanumalla
    hbkanumalla Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting through the first week!

I just started last Sunday and I'll be starting W2 this week.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    It's a great program. Follow it, you can't go wrong!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    There are bunches of us doing C25k! I just finished week 1 for the third time. LOL. Moving on to week 2 next week!
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Excellent program! Just follow the instructions and you'll be running in no time. Feel free to repeat weeks if you need. Listen to your body so as to avoid injury but don't psyche yourself out when you see the intervals get bigger. You will surprise yourself. Make sure you have some new shoes just for your running endeavors. Other than that....enjoy!
  • thin150
    thin150 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I just started :)
  • junyr
    Options
    I was actually going to ask something about this. I'd like to do it, but I don't have an app friendly device. Any tips on how to keep track of when to walk/run? Seems like it would be a pain to keep checking your watch and keeping track of how much time has gone by for each set.

Some think it's a pain to measure all the food you eat too. It's just something you have to do.
  • hbkanumalla
    hbkanumalla Posts: 61 Member
    Options

If you have an ipod, I use a podcast for my C25k program. It's called the Chubby Jones Project.
  • junyr
    Options
    FAcebook page to get on too..

http://www.facebook.com/C25Kplan
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I just started today! Yay! Week 1 and my first jog. Feels good to run in nice weather.
  • mlapanowski
    mlapanowski Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 5!!! I start week 6 tonight :) Feel free to add me, anyone!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 3. Love, love, love it!!! Please feel free to add me!:smile:
  • pcarbo3
    pcarbo3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wait this sounds like something I would be really interested in -- can someone message me and tell me what this is??
  • chelliebean007
    chelliebean007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I went to the running store and bought a watch that has timers you can set for intervals. It's pretty easy to use and cost around $20. Hope that helps!!
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    sending you a friend request! I just completed W1 and am amazed I got through it!

Thank you, Junyr for posting that link, going to check it out!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

You can download podcasts to listen to that will tell you when to walk and when to run. I used the treadmill version and wrote the times down on a piece of paper to keep on the treadmill.

You can also use the less precise formula of "Run until you get tired, walk until you catch your breath, repeat." Or run two city blocks, walk one, repeat. Or run for one song, walk for one song. Just increase the amount your running and decrease the amount you're walking each week.

I finished the program a year ago, but I'm going through it again as rehab after a stress fracture. I'm on week four now, but I'm only doing two days of the program, then one day of a longer run.
  • grumpy2day
    Options
    I'm planning to start March 1st cause I'll have my running shoes then and all I need after that is a bunch of people to kick my rear to get in gear!!!! LOL:blushing:
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Hey, I started C25K this week (just completed the first week) and the person I was supposed to be doing it with dropped out! So feel free to add me, would be great to have someone on the same journey as me! :)
  • Smudjie
    Smudjie Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    What is this? It sounds very interesting :)