butter or

Options
margarine? i was wondering which is better for me or if anyone had a better idea. i have been staying away from both but dry toast is really getting to me so which is better or is there something better out there with less calories. any answers or suggestions are great

Replies

• truecountrygirl
    truecountrygirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    butter
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    butter. i always go for the real thing. plus it tastes so much better
  • jenniemarie91
    jenniemarie91 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use Brummel and Brown, it's made with yogurt and has 35% vegatable oil. It has 45 calories for 1 tbsp, 5 grams total of fat, only 1.5 saturated. It tastes like margarine to me. I love it!!
  • truecountrygirl
    truecountrygirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I will have to look into getting some of that
  • quinto1025
    quinto1025 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Butter. I rarely use either, but when I do I go for organic butter. The less the ingredients the better for me!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    butter
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I also use Brummel and Brown. I love butter but to me this is a great alternative.
  • pearlsgirl96
    Options
    Butter is better because it's natural. However just try to learn to use it sparingly. Margarine has toxic chemicals for your body that will hinder weight loss as well as harm your arteries and organs.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Margarine. Its 45 cals a tablespoon. I use I can't believe it's not butter with olive oil

But I absolutely hate the taste of real butter xD
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Butter is better because it's natural. However just try to learn to use it sparingly. Margarine has toxic chemicals for your body that will hinder weight loss as well as harm your arteries and organs.

Oh goodness. It is not that bad >.>
  • Brandy108
    Brandy108 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to keep your calories down, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter makes a butter spray that has 5 calories for 5 sprays. It's actually not bad at all if you're just using it for toast and such.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options

I use margarine, and I have had no problems losing weight. Serving size is key for anything.
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Grass fed (preferably organic) butter. Margarine is full of oils that aren't really heart or body healthy... bit of chemistry about the molecular structure being altered to be solidified.
    Butter (in moderation) tastes better and is actually healthier for you.
    The grass fed b/c cows are healthier and aren't being fed GMO corn and organic b/c antibiotics and hormones that the cows are given are passed through milk.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I think it's a personal preference, since they both have their pros and cons.

I'm a margarine girl myself.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    As long as it doesn't contain partially hydrogenated oils, It's fine with me. Most products at my local grocers have gotten rid of marg. with it in it anyway.

It usually stays in the fridge unless guests are over.

For cooking - butter or euro butter all the way. I wouldn't think of using margarine in a recipe.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I use margarine for the sole reason that I LOVE homemade butter but I rarely make it and can't stand the store bought stuff so I get margarine. Outside of that, there is no logic in my choosing margarine.
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    margarine may have less calories... but butter is much better for you overall - more natural
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Smart Balance buttery spread
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Nutella is a great replacement for both margarine or butter. :drinker: