In the water section it uses 'cups' as a measurement. Is thi

Options
I tend to drink about 4 metric litres of water a day. when I go to add this into the calculator, it only has the option for 'cup'. Am I right in assuming this is the American measurement system?

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    think it just means a cup
  • svanhoecke
    Options
    Yup! us crazy americans and our non-metricness. Sorry. :tongue:
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    you drink 16 cups per day? damn
  • SittingNow
    SittingNow Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yep. Water = Weight loss! To be fair, I've always drunk about 3 litres a day anyway.
  • kikina
    kikina Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    yes 1 cup equals 8 liquid ounces or in metric it would be about 2 25 dl a bit less than 1/4 litre
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    yes 1 cup equals 8 liquid ounces or in metric it would be about 2 25 dl a bit less than 1/4 litre

1 cup is 250ml
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! I drink 6-8 liters a day;)
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's pretty impressive...do you get enough electrolytes though??? And how do you keep from peeing every 10 minutes?? I drink 3-5 liters and I go all the time!
  • spekticalface
    spekticalface Posts: 49 Member
    Options

oh my gosh!!!! i struggle to drink one!!! :D

I think a 'cup' is 8oz
  • 41degsouth
    Options
    Holy heck that's a lot of water! I hope those of you in the 6+ liter camp are doing a *lot* of exercise and sweating it out. See here for a reputable source regarding a woman who *died* from water intoxication after drinking 6L of water in three hours:
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=strange-but-true-drinking-too-much-water-can-kill
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Canadians have the pleasure of learning both lmao

cups tbsp etc for food/baking
    ml, litres for liquids
    lbs for adult weight
    kgs for babies weight
    cm, m, and km for distance/math in school
    inches and feet for adult heights

we are just crazy like that lol

1 cup=250ml=8oz there ya go
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I tend to drink about 4 metric litres of water a day. when I go to add this into the calculator, it only has the option for 'cup'. Am I right in assuming this is the American measurement system?

You can change to metric by going to Home, Settings & Change to Metric, it's second from the bottom. Don't know if this will also change the Water to litres, or if it's just the food
  • geezer99
    Options
    A standard American measuring cup is 8 fluid ounces which works out to 0.24 liters. Just to confuse the issue, Americans sometimes use "cups" to mean "tea cups" for which the standard is 6 ounces (unlikely to be the case here.)
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    There's no way I could drink THAT much water a day. And water doesn't actually equal weight loss...but to each their own I suppose.

I posted a suggestion about more ways to count water. Like on Fitbit.com they have mL, cup, and oz. Easier for me since I measure my water using three 20oz bottles (7.5 cups).
  • Scott_P
    Scott_P Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ive always just assumed it to be 250 ml of water. A cup is a crappy unit of measurement. Why not use a rod or a furlong for frig sake.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

ml, litres for liquids
    lbs for adult weight
    kgs for babies weight

haha - britain is the same
    must be easier to be american or european where they have one or the other
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    A cup is 8 ounces of water. We learned the metric system, but sometimes using cups is easier than using liters. I never understood the metric system. There is always a converter online if you search it on Google. I'd do the math, but again, I never really understood how to convert whatever the U.S calls it to metric.
    :)
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options

ml, litres for liquids
    lbs for adult weight
    kgs for babies weight

haha - britain is the same
    must be easier to be american or european where they have one or the other

We do learn both and our products are packaged with metric measurements right along side the imperial ones. It's just hard for most of us to think metric and relate it to imperial.
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My electrolytes r fine ;) and I have been drinking like this for 6 months now, I will begin workouts soon;) I slowed for a little time to 15-25 cups a day...my body functions best when I am at this level if I drink fewer than 100oz my body goes wonkie!!;) I am on Medifast so my diet is fairly diff;) its almost addicting I love my water;) I drink 6-8 liters over the course of 15 hrs so its not all at once usually 2 liters before noon another 4 liters between noon and 5 and then another 2 liters between 6-8 I'm dine by 8 pm so I don't pee all night I go 1 tiime usually at 4 am...I go usually 2-4 times every 2-3 hrs during the day..not too bad;)
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    A cup is 250ml.