Options
13»

Replies

• MrsHallum07
    MrsHallum07 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I want to try it but I have no rhythm!

me nether hun, but I am trying everything
    its kinda a new moto of mine, if I wanna do it I am going to, since I became a single mum, iv'e kinda stepped out of being a wall flower for 12 years and am doing lots of new things, its a really good way to build confidence :)

You don't have to have any rhythm, as long as your moving your doing Zumba! That is the best part about it!!! :wink:
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    They say you can burn up to 1,000 calories an hour. Now I don't know how true that is. I would like to buy something to wear that I can check total calories burned.
    I looked up Zumba on this site and use that as my base. I just don't really know how accurate it is.....

I burn on average 800-900 calories in a class. I wear a Polar FT7 HRM during so I can track accurately.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I looooove Zumba! I go 1-2 times a week. (I actually did it for 2 hours this morning!)...I typically burn somewhere from 6-700 calories per hour, and that's using a Heart Rate monitor. Feel Free to add me if you want :)
  • Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My husband now says that he has to work his weekend schedule to do stuff together around MY Zumba schedule!! I tell him he should come to a class but he won't!
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Zumba....Zumba....Zumba.... I :heart: Zumba! This is pretty much my sole exercise right now since my elliptical broke at home. I do Zumba 2 on the Wii and really enjoy doing it. My 3 year old son loves to dance along as well. :)
  • ebonyrose316266
    ebonyrose316266 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba too!
    Wow, yall are burning a lot of calories, I need to do this everyday.
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am looking for Zumba lovers like myself to become friends with for motivation/support/stories, etc. I would love to hear some success stories from you as well.
    Feel free to friend me!!

hi girl! i only do zumba in xbox 360 game..i just did a 40mins workout earlier i only burn 319 calories for beginners... i havent been in a real zumba class.. :)
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    They say you can burn up to 1,000 calories an hour. Now I don't know how true that is. I would like to buy something to wear that I can check total calories burned.
    I looked up Zumba on this site and use that as my base. I just don't really know how accurate it is.....

I just started Zumba, so I am definitely not giving it everything I have yet until I learn it better, but the last time I went, I burned about 350 calories, according to my heart monitor...I know it varies depending on effort and cardiovascular fitness, but I just thought I would give you a rough estimate to go on...
  • yp77
    yp77 Posts: 25
    Options
    I cant wait to go to my first real class tmrw, I am sure aqua Zumba and actual Zumba are much different
    aaarrrghhhhh EXCITED!!!!
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My friend has been doing Zumba religiously for over a year now. She does 3-5 classes of it a week ( sometimes throwing in a Kettlebells class too) and with her new eating regime has lost over 5 stone in 18 months.

I have done it on and off for a few years now and my coordination is terrible. That doesn't matter. You have so much fun doing it you hardly notice.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    where the men at? com'on I know there's guys that do Zumba! like me and the one other 60 yr old gentleman in my class with 20-30 ladies. I go every Monday at my YMCA. with my Polar HRM I average 800-1000 in 1 hr.
  • Zumba_Zoe
    Options
    Oh yes I love Zumba, only started this year but I am completely addicted. Please feel free to add me too as I am new here.
  • pinkxjen
    Options
    Hi Zumba Lovers !!

I love, love, LOVE ZUMBA! It's such a fun way to exercise and burn calories. I started Zumba back up after a year of not going. I'm religiously going for 2 weeks strong and don't plan on stopping. I am a bride also and Zumba helps me dance off the weight :)

Add me, i'm new. Thank you all for being a positive influence :)