so close to giving up...

Options

Replies

• Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    are you counting your work as "exercise"? cause if you are and it is something you do all the time it isn't exercise anymore, your body is used to it, therefore you need to do other things on top of work :)
  • mama_beth
    Options
    Just because you work in a restaurant doesn't mean you have to eat their food Try packing a lunch!! But don't give up!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    are you counting your work as "exercise"? cause if you are and it is something you do all the time it isn't exercise anymore, your body is used to it, therefore you need to do other things on top of work :)

no I'm not. This is the time I spend in the gym.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    What are you doing in the gym? I see GYM I etc in your log. What is that and how are you calculating your calorie burns?
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I know emotional eating is a big thing for us, but you've got to push past it. You can try a "crap food money jar" or the very good idea of going for a walk around the block to think about if you really want that food before eating it.

I know sometimes when you're out/at work there is nothing but will power to stop you. Will power is another muscle, strengthen it. Train it. Put pressure on it. It will get better and the more you work your will power, the more temptation you'll be able to resist.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    What are you doing in the gym? I see GYM I etc in your log. What is that and how are you calculating your calorie burns?

Heart rate monitor.

Everything - weights, running, cycling, stairmaster, rower, exercise classes.
  • jcvigi
    jcvigi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    "Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right."
    - Henry Ford
  • gp79
    Options
    I'm not sure what your calorie goals are but based on what I can tell (19 y/o 180 lbs @ 5'6") here are the numbers I'd suggest.

12,000 calories per week. Break them up as you will. If you want to eat 1200 calories some days and 2500 some others, so be it, but across the 7 days, consume no more than 12,000 calories. Call it zig - zag, spike, ESE, whatever you want. This has exercise built in, so don't worry about logging your exercise and eating the cals back.

Get your macros in order. If you're lifting any weights, I'd suggest 1g protein for every lb of body weight. As important as protein, fat. .35 to .45g per lb of body weight. Once those have been satisfied, eat anything you want. Candy, cake, ice cream, chicken breast or whatever, but keep it in your goal.

Customize it to fit your life and your patterns. For me, as an example, I eat all of my calories between 4 - 10pm except Sundays where I enjoy going out to breakfast w/ my family and eating lots of home cooked meals.

My goal is roughly 18000 per week. 2000 per day, Mon - Fri, 3500 on Sat and 4500 on Sunday.

I think a change in dieting routine may help in your case.

At 12k calories, be sure you're working out at least 3 days per week and taking a couple days of rest as well to let your body recover.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    I'm not sure what your calorie goals are but based on what I can tell (19 y/o 180 lbs @ 5'6") here are the numbers I'd suggest.

12,000 calories per week. Break them up as you will. If you want to eat 1200 calories some days and 2500 some others, so be it, but across the 7 days, consume no more than 12,000 calories. Call it zig - zag, spike, ESE, whatever you want. This has exercise built in, so don't worry about logging your exercise and eating the cals back.

Get your macros in order. If you're lifting any weights, I'd suggest 1g protein for every lb of body weight. As important as protein, fat. .35 to .45g per lb of body weight. Once those have been satisfied, eat anything you want. Candy, cake, ice cream, chicken breast or whatever, but keep it in your goal.

Customize it to fit your life and your patterns. For me, as an example, I eat all of my calories between 4 - 10pm except Sundays where I enjoy going out to breakfast w/ my family and eating lots of home cooked meals.

My goal is roughly 18000 per week. 2000 per day, Mon - Fri, 3500 on Sat and 4500 on Sunday.

At 12k calories, be sure you're working out at least 3 days per week and taking a couple days of rest as well to let your body recover.

okie dokie...
    is that 12,000 net or in total?
    yeah i usually work out at least 5-6 days per week
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    i agree with the above, + look at your settings, if you are exercising this much change your carb to 40% and protein to 30%. up the protein, muscles need food. if you are going to the gym, get a trainer to set you a program and change it every 4weeks.

you now have 2 pages of answers....that means people on here care.
  • gp79
    Options
    12,000, meaning total calories. Do not log exercise calories, do not eat exercise calories back. With 12k calories, you'd be set for a 1 to 2 lb loss per week.

You could eat 1200 per day for 5 days, followed by 2 days of 3000 calories.

You could eat 1200 per day for 5 days, followed by a day of 2000 calories and a day of 4000 calories.

However you want to split it up, it's up to you. Make it fit your lifestyle.

Be disciplined w/ your food logging and forget about logging exercise cals.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    12,000, meaning total calories. Do not log exercise calories, do not eat exercise calories back. With 12k calories, you'd be set for a 1 to 2 lb loss per week.

You could eat 1200 per day for 5 days, followed by 2 days of 3000 calories.

You could eat 1200 per day for 5 days, followed by a day of 2000 calories and a day of 4000 calories.

However you want to split it up, it's up to you. Make it fit your lifestyle.

Be disciplined w/ your food logging and forget about logging exercise cals.

Okay, will do.
    Thanks so much for your help!! :)
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'd follow what gp79 has suggested...
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    I'd follow what gp79 has suggested...

What I'm going to do... gonna still log my exercise cals cos it's cool to know how many i have burned etc but just look at my totals rather than my net. :)
  • gp79
    Options
    Keep in mind that spikes in sodium, lack of potassium, lack of water intake all play into water retention and will significantly mess with your brain when it comes to weigh in's. Also, should you weigh in after a 4000 calorie day, expect a big TEMPORARY gain. Days after I eat 4500 calories, I'm up 13 lbs, like a clock, but over the course of 3 - 5 days I drop back down.
  • LuneBleu85
    Options
    "Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right."
    - Henry Ford

Yep! Hang in there OP
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Be GOOD to yourself!!!! :love: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Maybe it's time to relax ~ shift gears ~ try something different?? :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I've been plateauing since October. I upped my protien, added a strength training class and started lifting heavier in my conditioning classes and I lost 3lbs -- since Tuesday!
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    "lol i work there?
    plus how do i not exercise :S this week alone i have already done 390 minutes burning 4781 calories :S"

That sounds like an awfully high burn. Maybe you are exercising TOO much. Try cutting back on the number of days you work out or how long you work out at a time.
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options

If you don't mind me asking, how did you calculate that she would need 12k calories a week? (interested for myself)

Sorry to hijack OP, you have gotten good advice - good luck to you, don't give up!! :flowerforyou: