How should I wake up my boyfriend today?

Options
2»

Replies

• kirbykez
    kirbykez Posts: 122
    Options
    His name isn't Ben is it?
    *looks around*
    Sounds alot like my bf..
    and if he is anything like him GOOD LUCK!
    I find being annoying making lots of noise, putting a girly tv show on loud or Loud soppy love songs loud..
    saying u smell smoke.. (No really I have done that heaps..)
  • ChrissyLu723
    ChrissyLu723 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    why wake him? If HE chooses to sleep and miss his Mums birthday oh well, that's not your problem, let him explain to her why he didn't visit.

House isn't clean? Well who is home during the week to clean it? Do you both work and that's why it isn't done or is it yall just don't clean until you have to? If that's the case then let the house be like it is, rushing to clean because someone is coming is lame, house should be neat (not spic and span all the time) daily.

Want chicken for supper? Then cook it, you don't need him to hold the chicken while you get the pan to put it in right?

Go about your day the way you want to, he chose to stay up, you choose to go out and spend your own money not his. Taking someones money to shop while they sleep is pretty childish.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Oh not cod:/ hate that game! Big bucket of ice cold water definately haha. Nahh just gently wake him up, engage him in conversation so he doesn't fall back to sleep, ask him if he could get ready and help you?

Tasha
    xxx
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    ha so glad my hubby doesnt stay up till 7 am anymore playing COD.
    Maybe wake him up with a BJ, lol.
    That might get him up and moving.
  • ChrissyLu723
    ChrissyLu723 Posts: 154 Member
    Options

it will get him doing something, but then he'll be tired and have to sleep again lol
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Go shopping! :D
  • thatgirl125
    Options
    why wake him? If HE chooses to sleep and miss his Mums birthday oh well, that's not your problem, let him explain to her why he didn't visit.

House isn't clean? Well who is home during the week to clean it? Do you both work and that's why it isn't done or is it yall just don't clean until you have to? If that's the case then let the house be like it is, rushing to clean because someone is coming is lame, house should be neat (not spic and span all the time) daily.

Want chicken for supper? Then cook it, you don't need him to hold the chicken while you get the pan to put it in right?

Go about your day the way you want to, he chose to stay up, you choose to go out and spend your own money not his. Taking someones money to shop while they sleep is pretty childish.

haha OP didnt say she was going to take his money, but asked if she should wait till he wants to get up and go shopping instead of helping (or however it was put).
    But honestly what I do is just go on about my day like I normally would like you said. And maybe (to the OP) do most of the cleaning but leave something small for him to do later after yall get back from his moms, that way he is nice and awake and it wont seem as much bothersome to him as it did before which means he will be more willing to do it.
  • thatgirl125
    Options

it will get him doing something, but then he'll be tired and have to sleep again lol

haha yes I thought of that after I posted it!
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    So you get to be "mum" and make sure he doesnt suffer the consequences of his slacking. Nice.

The house has to be cleaned by tomorrow before inspection but he doesnt have to do that now because he chose to game the entire night? Let him miss his mums birthday and then let him explain to his mum why.

Don't reward him for being an *kitten* by giving him a "special" wakeup. Don't tiptoe around him. His obviously not going to help with the pre-inspection clean if he hasn't slept all night and has to work at 5.00 pm.

Gaming all night is great when you have someone to pick up the slack for you. Get yourself a man who thinks Call of Duty means he doesn't make a parent out of his lover. They are the kind of guys who deserve random "special wakeups".
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I know I'm probably too late for this, but!!...

When this happen to me, I clean as loudly as possible. When he stumbles down the stairs all grumpy and whiny, tell him you're playing COD: Home Edition and that the place is crawling with dust bunnies who are armed to the teeth. Have his "weapon" at the ready: vacuum, mop, or whatever you have handy. You could really get into this if you want to, but I'm mainly going for the humorous/sarcastic approach. If that somehow doesn't make him smile, a simple "you mad, bro?" will suffice.

I have found this very effective when my fiance stays up late playing games and things need to get done, too. The worst thing you can do is make it comfortable and easy for him to sleep in. Plus, I find it makes me feel better to joke about how upset I am...eventually he comes around.

We are both gamers, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Ultimately, life trumps gaming.
  • Saxmis
    Saxmis Posts: 84
    Options
    I reckon you just go about your day as planned and let him deal with his own consequences. It's not your job to cover for him.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I know I'm probably too late for this, but!!...

When this happen to me, I clean as loudly as possible. When he stumbles down the stairs all grumpy and whiny, tell him you're playing COD: Home Edition and that the place is crawling with dust bunnies who are armed to the teeth. Have his "weapon" at the ready: vacuum, mop, or whatever you have handy. You could really get into this if you want to, but I'm mainly going for the humorous/sarcastic approach. If that somehow doesn't make him smile, a simple "you mad, bro?" will suffice.

I have found this very effective when my fiance stays up late playing games and things need to get done, too. The worst thing you can do is make it comfortable and easy for him to sleep in. Plus, I find it makes me feel better to joke about how upset I am...eventually he comes around.

We are both gamers, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Ultimately, life trumps gaming.

^^this
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Well the good news is he redeemed himself...I went up to wake him and made my presense felt (opening the curtains so I could see to get ready, brushing my teeth in the room etc) and he stirred, I told him I was going to walk the dog and would appreciate if he'd be up when I got back - got back 30 mins later expecting him to be fast asleep and he'd already vacced upstairs and was in the kitchen prepping the chicken, he then made me a cup of tea and vacced downstairs :)

See, I don't care if he stays up until 7am playing COD as long as he's an adult and does what needs doing the next day, even if he is knackered.

Let his work mates put up with his grumpy *kitten* tonight when it catches up with him hehe
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Seriously COD all night? How old is this guy? I say a big bucket of ice water!

In his 30s!

Well, it's 10 minutes until Vacc time....I think I'm gonna have a grumpy boyfriend today, I bet he'll just ignore it until I stop and then go back to sleep any way, he's a stubborn b****!

He wouldn't be grumpy if you followed the hypothetically deleted suggestions. :wink:

True, but why reward bad behavior? He's a big boy, he knew he had *kitten* to do today, so if he chose to stay up late, he can suffer the consequences, not you. You don't have to clean alone just because he decided he wanted to stay up late having fun (I am assuming you both work roughly equal numbers of hours, and both clean, which might not be true). Do your part, and leave the rest for him. Wake him up long enough to tell him what you will be doing, and inform him that he'll be doing the rest when he gets up.

I want to say, it's his mother, it's his problem, but if you really like his mom, it's more complicated.

As for the chicken dinner. If you want it, you can make it. Just remember the story of the little red hen. Those who don't help, don't get to enjoy the results. If he'll eat the leftovers, then take them to work or share them with a friendly neighbor.