Do any of you step on the scale more than 1 time when weighi

Options
2»

Replies

• em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I have a WW scale with that problem, I have weighed 4lbs differnce in the space of a minute before!
    I usually take 3 weights and go with the middle one, or the one that appears twice :-)
  • Lynwil150
    Lynwil150 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a weight watcher scale, have had it for over 5 years, never changed the battery and the # is consistent the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd time in a row. I weigh on the same day of the week, the same time of day, wearing the same thing. I know there are different types of these scales out there. I must of lucked out and got a good one.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I usually weigh just once. I am looking to buy a new scale. I notice a lot of people post tenths of a pound. What kind of scale does that for you? I would like to get one of those so when I weigh in several times the weight won't be exactly the same week after week! lol

@llb1216
    gonna check out your link to amazon, thanks!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I just have a digital scale from walmart. I didn't buy the cheapest or the most expensive just one in the middle. I step on mine multiple times and yes sometimes they are different amounts. The weight I log is the one that shows up twice back to back. I have also found that the way you stand on the scale can affect the number so make sure your weight is evenly distributed and that your not leaning forward or backward.
  • Lynwil150
    Lynwil150 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The weight watcher scale weighs in tenths.
  • marynmarty
    marynmarty Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    yes I weigh in the mornings and at night daily to make sure I'm keeping on track and not gaining. If I notice a slip I will go work out some more before bed!! I have a WW scale to and it does the same to me. What I do is I weigh myself and when it shows me the same number 4 times, thats the number I chart. Sometimes it does it and sometimes not.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I use a Wii board, and it's ridiculously consistent.
  • StephySands
    Options
    I don't have a WW scale I have a digital scale purchased from Targe for about $39.99 and I love it. I've weighed myself before and was shocked at the number so I've done it again just to be sure and it's always been consistent, I don't ever get a different reading if I'm stepping of and stepping on. I'm glad I fought the urge to purchase the WW scale when I was looking at it. :wink:
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    The weight watcher scale weighs in tenths.

hey! thanks ... i ordered one like llb1216 described in her post :smile:
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am glad to see I am not the only one that has this problem. Just not sure if I want to log either one because I don't want to over or under my weight and throw me off next week. Maybe I should go with the smaller number becuase I did put on my size 5 jeans :)

Also, are you taking your measurements? I measure my bust, waist, hips, arms and thighs about every 2 weeks. My weight has been stuck at 135, but my waist showed I lost 1 inch. That's progress to me! :wink:
  • missgailPer
    Options
    just wanted to say "you look amazing "Keep Up the Hard Work!!!!
  • xosharonxo
    xosharonxo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a weight watchers scale as well and I weigh myself at least 5 times at once and hope that it is the same weight the last 2 times. I just changed my batteries last month. It is very frustrating but I'm glad that I'm not the only one with this problem. I think I'm going to buy a new one.
  • castaliavt
    castaliavt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    best of three. :-)
  • SanDiegoJohn
    SanDiegoJohn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So, I'm talking to a co-worker about our nutty scales and how the first number is always a few pounds heavier, then the next several times offer a lower, consistent number. I decided to search the web and see if anyone else is having that happen, and here I am back at MyFitnessPal.

Whew. Glad to know it's not just us.