I know I'm a nerd, because...

Options

Replies

• AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I am a huge Star Wars geek and seriously waited in line for 10+ hours when Episode 1 first came out!! -
    Excel spreadsheets make me all warm and fuzzy!
    I still watch Jeopardy for fun and try to beat the people on the tv!
    I can spend hours researching articles and actually enjoy itt!

I had to add my fave new app on my phone is Vocabology!
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I grew up watching Tom Baker as Dr. Who and I can recite the entire Star Trek Monologue word for word! The original and Next generation. LOL! I love Adam West and hope to meet him at the Mid Ohio Comic Con sometime, since I missed out on getting there last year! Please don't ask me who Adam West is, as that will make me go into in an angry rant! I think comic books are awesome and YES it is still reading, even though they are not 400 page novels, it drives me batty when people say things like that, and I am probably one of the only librarians in the woldl that will tell you that! I play video games and I too own a light saber and I get extremely excited when I find a Captain America or Flash shirt that I can now wear!!! :laugh:
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I am a huge Star Wars geek

I thought Star Wars was for nerds and Star Trek was for geeks?
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    lamkim73 wrote:
    I get excited over complicated Excel formulas....
    ^^^^ THIS

TALK NERDY TO ME!
    I think I might be more of a geek/nerd/dork groupie than actually nerdy. I feel more comfortable being on the sidelines of a conversation about any of the subjects mentioned in this thread, than a conversation about fashion, sports, or politics. Except I have joined a running group and am starting to geek out over intervals, glycogen stores, recovery, etc! hahaha

Favorite Nerd Movies: Revenge of the Nerds, Real Genius, Office Space.

I gave up "TV" 10 years ago, so I don't watch Big Bang Theory; however, from what I have picked up, I'm sure I would love it!

ROCK ON.
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    I'm a librarian, and it goes with the job description! :-D

No but really, I'm a librarian AND a nerd because I love learning new things.
  • cainie19
    cainie19 Posts: 126
    Options
    I am doing a biomedical science degree and fully intend to work in a science lab for the rest of my life :-)
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I am a huge Star Wars geek

I thought Star Wars was for nerds and Star Trek was for geeks?

Mess that up makes me a bigger nerd! hahaha :)
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I'm a librarian, and it goes with the job description! :-D

No but really, I'm a librarian AND a nerd because I love learning new things.

I was a library aide as my first real job.
  • Bone_Daddy
    Options
    I fist pump every time Ichigo yells "Bankai!"
    I trust in The Force more than my gps to find my way.
    I named my first rpg character Tiberius after a certain Star Fleet Captain.
    I'm looking for d20 tire valve stem caps, 4d20 ftw!
    My first question I ask my buddy about Spring Break 'How soon can you run your new campaign?'
    I have a running debate on who is funnier between Master Shake and Meatwad.

Most of all, I love this thread! Failed my saving throw to resist awesome geek stories!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I spent my eye appointment yesterday talking about the pros and cons of raiding and class/spec choices with my optometrist who had a horde jacket on.

I also happen to own a Darth Vader spatula and a limited edition light saber.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    I still find science (just about any type) so enthralling and will spend a lot of time reading about it. Still like comic books and old animation too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    --> I actually understand the jokes on The Big Bang Theory
    --> My cat is named Schrodinger
    --> I read Astronomy text books... for leisure.
    --> I had a 3 hour long flirting session full of "science-y" double entrendres
    --> I have a Periodic Table shower curtain
    --> My coffee mug has the caffeine molecule pictured on it
    I wanna be just like you when I grow up!! :smile: If I can't have that, than I'll try to find that coffee cup!
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    Im not a nerd..im a dork! lol

nerds are my cousins...haha

i'm a dork for laughing at this. lol. funny stuff!
  • manoahula
    Options
    In addition to the usual "I <3 sci-fi, fantasy, gaming, tech, etc, etc"...

One of my high school friends and I decided to get up early the morning after our prom to go to a Star Trek convention (for those who love the Trek and are curious, we saw Robert Picardo).

I decided not to go to my 10-year high school reunion because it conflicted with my gaming session...I felt the time was better spent playing D&D with friends.

I once hosted a Lord of the Rings marathon...we spent the entire day watching the extended versions of the movies straight through, beginning to end.

I volunteered to be one of the first to beta test our office's new terminal server so we could get the bugs worked out before the less tech-savvy folks in the office were added to the server. And I enjoyed it.

Since my pen 'n paper RPG group no longer lives in the same area, we now get together online to play using a combo of Hamachi, Skype (or G+ Hangouts) and rptools. That's right, we're playing old school RPGs on the computer. ;)
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Ive laughed so hard milk came out my nose
    I get travel sick
    All my comics books are individually bagged and boarded with calcium buffered boards and I wait for the TPB to read the six issues
    I watched the original Transformers movie in 1986 and howled like a little girl with all the other kids when Optimus Prime died (Hot Rod you suck)
    My dissertation final paper at uni was on Spider-Man as a post modern hero
    I have asthma
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I spent an entire evening reading about the Theory of Relativity instead of going out with friends
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I almost let my Husband buy me an engineering section ST badge yesterday...

....but, I wasn't sure that I wouldn't rather have the science badge, instead. *sigh*

I drive a Prius, and I can explain how the HSD actually works. Highlight of my life was meeting the chief engineer for Toyota a couple of years ago.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    --> I actually understand the jokes on The Big Bang Theory
    --> My cat is named Schrodinger
    --> I read Astronomy text books... for leisure.
    --> I had a 3 hour long flirting session full of "science-y" double entrendres
    --> I have a Periodic Table shower curtain
    --> My coffee mug has the caffeine molecule pictured on it

Where can I get a coffee cup like that??

I am a nerd because when my hubby and I were are Red Lobster, I was looking in the tank telling him which ones were girls and boys.
    thinkgeek.com
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    My husband is also a nerd.

He just left for the SCA event out in the park with his friends. He will be dressing up in armor and clanging swords around at other fellow nerds. It's like a real life MMO. :laugh:
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Thinkgeek.com was awesome!!!

I have a Christmas list for myself, my hubby, and 2 of my children after visiting that site. THANKS!