starting C25K tomorrow! =)

Options

Replies

• xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I have to wonder how u would track this on MFP.

oooh the app is free! :)

and im going to wear my hrm, soo i will then know exactly what my calorie burn is then add it to the database myself :)
  • whencynstops
    whencynstops Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was planning on starting tomorrow so this was good timing. :) I have followed C25K before and it really works but about week 5 I had a major life change and got away from it. So, here I am getting ready to start it again. Thank you for all the tips. I like the idea of the verbal ques on the aps. I feel like if stare at the time it feels longer.
    Anyone please add me, I need super motivated positive friends to help me! thanks!
  • btb079
    btb079 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I, too, am doing this with my iPhone. W4d2 finished today. I use Pandora on my phone and the program at the same time, I really do love it and hope that I will continue to improve. You can do it and you will see and feel results.
  • Summersadiva
    Summersadiva Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I did W1D1 today, but I don't like the app I have for my Window Phone 7. It kept starting over. My bluetooth headset doesn't work with my iPod Touch 2nd gen so I need to figure out a Plan B.
  • frogman4591
    Options
    I have completed 7 weeks of the C25K program. It does work. I am 57 years old and I am running 6 mph for 25 minutes, which i can hardly believe. The way it starts slow and builds each week is really neat. If this old guy can do, anyone can. :smile:
  • bisforbrandy
    bisforbrandy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded the APP myself, and plan to start today. I don't think one days difference will really matter.. I'm on board!
  • glp724
    glp724 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just got back from w1d1 and feel great that I did it. Good luck!
  • rlittle2
    rlittle2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    W1D1 was great. Ready for W1D2 on Wednesday!
  • ummmsorrybutno
    ummmsorrybutno Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I need a way for some extra cardio.... I think I will join you all.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Proud of myself for getting out there yesterday to do W1D1, even totally hung over from the previous night's 10 glass wine extravaganza!

Looking forward to day 2 tomorrow, hope everyone's still on board!
  • whencynstops
    whencynstops Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Proud of myself for getting out there yesterday to do W1D1, even totally hung over from the previous night's 10 glass wine extravaganza!

Looking forward to day 2 tomorrow, hope everyone's still on board!

I did W1D1 yesterday as well. I did a lot better than I thought I would. I downloaded the C25K app from Zen Labs and used that. Seems to work pretty well since I don't have to watch the clock as much. Day 2 will be tomorrow!
    Good Luck to everyone!
  • Schmiegelette
    Schmiegelette Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just restarted yesterday. I completed the entire program about 2 years ago... but then got bursitis in my hip and couldn't do much of anything (any jogging set it off for over a year). Just decided to retry it this week, no pain after yesterday (at least not in my hip, still sore from yoga on Sunday)... and I've got prescription strength naproxin for nite-time. My goal is to be able to run with hubby during his short runs .
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    I was doing really well with my running (including doing a few 5K runs) up until november of last year then i slugged out. Just decided to start over with teh C25K program. Started yesterday to get my endurance back. Good luck to you!:smile:
  • rataliek
    rataliek Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm on W1D3 tonight! I'm finding week one to be a little too easy so I've added on a fourth day a week as well as jog half the warm up and cool down. I'll probably add the fourth run on week two as well, but I don't see it being likely for the further weeks as they get fairly difficult. I've always hated running but I have a feeling this program will change that. I'm also pairing this program with Jillian Michael's 30DS.
  • kseacrist
    kseacrist Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i'm starting w1d2 this afternoon! i really really WANT to like running, but so far, i just don't. i have a major mental block about my ability to run for any length of time without stopping - and i'm hoping that this time it will click for me too.

you're all giving me great motivation to make running my friend. :)
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    I started the C25K Program last week. Tomorrow I will start Week 2 and I am stoked. I don't feel like I have a "runners body" at all and although there are many times I want to stop and just walk I make myself push forward and keep going. I am barely in to it but so far I love it. I'm contemplating a 5K in April. I hope to be able to complete the run by then! I haven't seen any results since I just now started but I hope I see some soon!!!
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I just started c25k by zen labs today, loved it! I am sweating like i did a jillian michaels dvd! I love that!
  • ummmsorrybutno
    ummmsorrybutno Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I did w1d1 today. I'm so proud I didn't have to quit., I'm using the app called RunDouble. What I like is I can upload my run to their website and it tracks everything and includes a map...

Today I did 2.17 miles in 28min 24 seconds (included Warm up and cool down) and burned 334 calories Day 2 is on Thursday.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    getting myself ready for w1d2 this evening - only just got back from a woodland hike with the dogs, so part of me REALLY wants to just stay in now, but I'm going to make myself do it!

Not sure my running buddy will be so impressed at my perseverance - she thinks she's done quite enough exercise for the day! (My running buddy is Fudge, my 7yo Jack Russel) :)

225895_5797836005_724876005_266984_8621_n.jpg
  • rlittle2
    rlittle2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I completed W1D2 this morning! It definitely fells great to start to run again!