Healthy homemade chinese food recipes?

Options

Replies

• Bopit2009
    Options
    Here is a link for crab rangoons: http://www.weight-watchers-recipes.net/points-plus-baked-crab-rangoon.html. I actually just made these last night and you can skip the crab if you want cream cheese wontons.

jkbfskjdgbfdksjgbf! I want to try this later this week.
    Thanks! :D
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    How about EGG ROLLS, baked not fried, and still crispy @ 79 calories each! Saw it in a "Cooking Light" magazine and actually prepared it. Was delicious and crispy without all that soaked frying oil.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/baked-egg-rolls-10000000665199/

Enjoy!
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Homemade fried rice with shrimp:

2 cups cooked jasmine rice (cooled)
    2 Tbsp olive oil
    1 lagre carrot finely shredded
    1 small onion finely shredded
    1 clove of garlic minced
    1/4 cup tyling sesame sauce/marinade
    1/4 cup lower sodium soy sauce
    12 large shrimp, steamed or boiled (tails removed)
    Salt and pepper to taste

In a deep skillet or wok add oil and heat over medium heat, sautee onion and garlic until onion turns transparent. Add carrot and continue to sautee over med heat stiring frequently. once carrot begins to soften begin adding the rice 1/2 a cup at a time and stiring well to incoperate the rice and vegetables. Mix soy and sesame sauce and slowly add to rice still stiring to incorporate into the rice and vegetable evenly coating rice and turning it a brown color continue to cook for a few minutes stiring often so all the flavors can meld. Add shrimp and toss remove from heat.

Serves 2-3 people

If you are not a seafood fan you can easily substitute shrimp for chicken,beef or pork. or add additional veggies to make it a vegetarian meal :)
  • emfilomena
    Options
    Oooo! Bumping for recipe ideas later C:
  • marilou0511
    Options
    About the SESAME CHICKEN recipes submitted above.

I could not find the Nutritional info at Alida's Kitchen. At food.com the calorie for Sesame Chicken is 259 versus 195 calories at Calorie Count! The difference - food.com recipe includes 1/2 cup Honey and 1/2 cup Soy Sauce. Calorie Count does not have honey, and uses only 2 TBSP Soy Sauce not 1/2 cup.

http://caloriecount.about.com/sesame-chicken-recipe-r67896 has the SESAME CHICKEN for 195 calories.

Enjoy!
  • marilou0511
    Options
    SORRY - I tried to DELETE this duplication but could not. I'm a newbie (joined about 2 weeks ago) and don't know many things. Sorry.

About the SESAME CHICKEN recipes submitted...

I could not find the Nutritional info at Alida's Kitchen. At food.com the calorie for Sesame Chicken is 259 versus 195 calories at Calorie Count! The difference - food.com recipe includes 1/2 cup Honey and 1/2 cup Soy Sauce. Calorie Count does not have honey, and uses only 2 TBSP Soy Sauce not 1/2 cup.

http://caloriecount.about.com/sesame-chicken-recipe-r67896 has the SESAME CHICKEN for 195 calories.
  • Alexandrea22
    Alexandrea22 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My brother and I made this. We are Chinese food connaisseurs haha. This recipe was great! The longer you marinate the chicken, the more flavourful it is. It makes six servings. Enjoy :)

INGREDIENTS:

1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
    2 tbsp raw honey
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
    1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
    1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 breasts), chopped into 1-inch pieces
    1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 1 cup)
    1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 1 cup)
    1 small yellow onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
    1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 1 3/4 cups)
    12 sprigs fresh cilantro, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
    1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice, optional

INSTRUCTIONS:

In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes. Place chicken in a large shallow dish. Pour soy sauce mixture over chicken, tossing gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
    Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and marinade and sauté for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add bell peppers and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are slightly tender. Add pineapple and cook for 2 more minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately over rice for a complete meal, if desired.

Nutrients per serving (1 1/4 cups chicken mixture; not including rice): Calories: 161, Total Fat: 1.5 g, Sat. Fat 0.25 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0.25 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5 g, Carbs: 17 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 13 g, Protein: 21 g, Sodium: 404 mg, Cholesterol: 48 mg
  • Alexandrea22
    Alexandrea22 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Also, to type it in on MFP, just type in "clean eating sweet and sour chicken" and it's there!
  • ladyjeanne57
    ladyjeanne57 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rughead06
    rughead06 Posts: 4,291 Member
    Options
    Would love to find a Chinese Walnut chicken recipe?
  • marygettingfit
    marygettingfit Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Love Chinese food. Bump!
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in seeing some recipes too. I love chinese food but not all the calories, grease and sodium.

Me too!!!!! ^^^^^^^
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    bump! :)
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Such great recipes so far!! Thanks guys!
  • marilou0511
    Options
    There are several WALNUT CHICKEN recipes with varying calorie count on this site --

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/search.php?searchpro=walnut+chicken&search_type=recipes

Enjoy from Chicago IL
  • mrswpg
    mrswpg Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    one of my favorite recipes is for coconut shrimp.

21 count shrimp ( the larger ones that are devained and peeled) I pulled tails off.
    1 pouch extra crispy shake n bake for chicken
    1 cup shredded coconut
    1/8 TSP each cayenne pepper and curry powder

thaw shrimp completely, set aside and in a seprate dish
    beat 2 egg whites, mix dry ingredience in a dish or shake n bake bag
    dump shrimp in the egg whites, then toss in the dry mixture... ( I used a dish and did one at a time to get more coating on each)
    spray lightly with any oil you desire ( I omit this and they are very crispy and delish)
    bake at 400 on cookie sheet w parchment paper for easy clean up 14 mins

I hope you all enjoy as much as I do, glad I found this recipe, you can make it your own and substitute any seasonings you like, I have tried it with mrs Dash garlic and herb.

I made these for an appitizer and several times for meals, with stirfry and rice... Very yummy!
  • SwtKittN
    SwtKittN Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    bump(:
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MillysMission
    MillysMission Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump - I've been wanting some healthy Chinese food ideas too, thanks!!