Any tips for achieving a thigh gap and flat stomach

Options

Replies

• littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You do realise that the thigh gaps you see in magazines/posters are photo shop'd right?!
    Not necessarily. I had one. I also had anorexia. They tend to go hand in hand.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    What is this obsession with thigh gaps? And when will people realise it's as much to do with genetics as weight? My thighs don't touch, but it's because of my hips, not because of my weight.
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'll just leave this here....

tumblr_lwkn69OIaL1r6c6w2o1_500.png

I will say I have only known two real women who had thigh gaps - one was size 8 with wide hips and had a naturally occuring thigh gap. The other was an anorexic who hit her lowest weight at 86 lbs and had a heart attack. The thigh gap is highly overrated. Your goal should be heatlh, and fitness, not a little space between your legs.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    You do realise that the thigh gaps you see in magazines/posters are photo shop'd right?!

This. Either you are genetically inclined to have it or you are ill. If you are genetically inclined to have it it will come naturally with a healthy bf% and lifestyle, if not it will come with a life threatening bf% and lifestyle. Personally I'd rather look awesome and healthy than to focus on something as silly as a "thigh gap" and lose sight of the things that are really important.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    A flat stomach: A calorie deficit. When the fat will come off your stomach, will depend on genetics. Sometimes it is the last place to go (like me) and some people store fat mainly on their hips/thighs and get a flat stomach easier.

Thigh gap: I don't understand the trend with this, but this also depends on genetics. If you have wide hips, or don't store much fat in your thighs then you may have a chance when you get lower body fat. For most people though they will always touch. Accept it, embrace it, and learn that no doubt it's part of who you and everybody else is.

This. I have a flat stomach but my thighs will always touch as they are where my body stores fat and I'm not willing to reduce my body fat that much.
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Lobotomy is the only thing that will get you your desired thigh gap.
    And if you DO ever achieve this hallowed status: kiss good bye to your health, your fertility, your very being as a woman!
    Please realise what you see in the magazines is all photo-shopped to death, and this image is unhealthy and unsustainable.
    I don't normally post negative responses - we are all on a journey but I hate to see this myth being encouraged.

:sad:

I hope You mean Liposuction :P -- Labotomy is cutting out a piece of the Brain and losing a lot of who you are (from a mental standpoint).
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me. I prefer fit muscular thighs touching. Wasn't sure what a "thigh gap" was....so I googled it. Those girls don't look fit and healthy to me.
  • AshleeBoo
    Options
    thanks for all the replies..
    istead of to help achieve a thigh gap or flat stomach would anyone know of some good exercises that help tone the mucles in these two spots of the body?
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    squats: fixes everything...like duct tape
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I will have to google thigh gap also so I can see what it is.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options

Quoted for truth.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Do I need to break out my Marilyn Monroe pic again?

PLEASE DO - this madness HAS to stop!

With pleasure!

2qvtra8.jpg

Love this! I wish people would go back to the days where real woman like this was seen as gorgeous instead of the size 0's xxx
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm a big thigh girl too.......I have never been able to make them look any smaller. Sometimes, I have lost weight and find my jeans are loose, but can't get into the next smaller size ONLY because my large thighs won't fit! I think this is genetic for me.
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options

Quoted for truth.

Oh the beloved squats! I hate squats, but I am trying to do more of them to see if it helps!
  • DinaRobin
    DinaRobin Posts: 61 Member
    Options

I once once there too. Thigh gap took months of eating an apple or yoghurt per day and came with constantly feeling I'll, having no energy, not sleeping, lack of concentration and grey skin with limp hair. There were probably other symptoms too, but these are the ones I remember. I was a very thin, but sad, 15 year old.

Do not attempt to go there!
  • lillmssy
    Options
    Corset, and really tight pants.

LOL isn't that the truth :laugh:
  • AlixClockHeart
    AlixClockHeart Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This thread was a good reminder for me that fitness and health is more important than skinny.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Corset, and really tight pants.

LOL isn't that the truth :laugh:

:love:
  • lillmssy
    Options
    Do I need to break out my Marilyn Monroe pic again?

PLEASE DO - this madness HAS to stop!

With pleasure!

2qvtra8.jpg

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Love this! I wish people would go back to the days where real woman like this was seen as gorgeous instead of the size 0's xxx
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Lobotomy is the only thing that will get you your desired thigh gap.
    And if you DO ever achieve this hallowed status: kiss good bye to your health, your fertility, your very being as a woman!
    Please realise what you see in the magazines is all photo-shopped to death, and this image is unhealthy and unsustainable.
    I don't normally post negative responses - we are all on a journey but I hate to see this myth being encouraged.

:sad:

I hope You mean Liposuction :P -- Labotomy is cutting out a piece of the Brain and losing a lot of who you are (from a mental standpoint).
    No I think lobotomy was right... because you'd have to be mad to want to subject your body to any invasive surgery that wasn't 100% necessary for quality-of-life or survival.

Genetics plays a HUGE part as to what we can or cannot achieve. I will never be skinny and healthy, but I will be healthy and happy and probably always have moobs and a jelly-belly. But if that's what I gotta work with, who am I to say otherwise! :happy: