Down 10 lbs but dont feel or see it.

Options
2»

Replies

• humveez3
    humveez3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    By the way, next time you go to the grocery store, pick up two 5 lb bags of sugar or potatoes and hold them while you shop. Then tell us if you notice THAT difference. :-)

That's an awesome idea! Could you imagine?
  • neh310
    neh310 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are so awesome and motivating. I have lost 10 pounds also, and see almost no difference. But you know what?? I feel a difference. I feel more confident. I can walk up a flight of stairs without being so winded. I have gained some balance and flexibility. And I feel great for having started and having 10 pounds gone to show for it! Try thinking about how you feel, or if you have any increase or loss of inches. Any loss, no matter so small deserves to be celebrated. I can't believe the love on this page. Makes me want to keep it up for sure! And I am here to support everyone, no matter what!

14014579.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Carry a ten pound bag of potatoes for awhlie and notice that ten pound loss is awesome and your heart thanks you! :bigsmile:
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Personally I've lost 20 pounds and still don't see a difference. However, I ran into a friend who I haven't seen since I started my weight loss journey at the beginning of this year and she noticed that I've lost weight. And I know I'm healthier now because I've started the Couch to 5K program and I'm on week 4 now. It has me running two separate 3 and 5 minute segments (for a total of 16 minutes) and I don't feel winded at all, even though I'm still obese. It's kinda sad to say that even though I'm still about 140 pounds overweight that I'm probably in some of the best physical shape of my life (or at least of the past decade).
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I didn't see much difference at first, either. Still, the tape measure said my waist was shrinking. Think of peeling an onion--it comes off evenly, at first. Later, the pools of fat, like on your stomach, will be the last to go. Be patient, and you'll see results.
  • getfine2015
    getfine2015 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Most ppl usually dont see a change til they hit 15lbs or 20lbs......Its perfectly normal to feel the way you are feeling...Keep up the great work!!............
  • Krissy_b777
    Options
    I am down 9 and I didn't see a change. Other people told me they did. My husband said he noticed it in my face. Also I did drop a jean size. Be encouraged not discouraged and keep up the good work!!! :wink:
  • miss_magzy
    miss_magzy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I want to thank each and every one of you! I needed this motivation like you wouldn't believe. I was starting to slip up and reading all of your messages has given me the boost I needed to keep going. I have to say, I DO feel stronger and dont get as winded. Your also right that I didnt gain this weight over night so I wont lose it over night. I have to remember where i was a few years ago... about 30 lbs more and I lost that 20 just by getting rid of a "poison" (i.e. the ex) and now I lost 10 .... if i keep going DOWN then eventually I will get to my goal. I guess I just feel a lot of pressure bc I have 2 weddings this summer in which I am in the bridal party and I have NEVER been happy with how I look in past bridal party pics (i have been a bridesmaid... A LOT!) and I want this so bad I can TASTE IT! GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!

I WONT QUIT!!!! #NOEXCUSES! I will do it this time! I will get there! And so will ALL OF U!
  • veronica_dav
    Options
    I don't usually feel or see a differnece until I've lost about 15 pounds.
  • maritenour
    maritenour Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Whenever I started losing weight I left like I looked bigger.
    Ive grown less dependent of the scale and more so by measurements.
    Just stay positive and positive things will happen, hun,
    never get discouraged.
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Pick up a 10 lb weight you will feel how much you lost and how much easier it is for your body to move around with out the extra weight.
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    Your face...take a good hard look at your face and neck! That is where I saw the first changes.
    Second, be patient. As hard as it is you have to look at it from the point of how long it took you to gain the weight. It takes a verrry long time to lose it. It stinks and it is hard work but it is sooo worth it! Just don't give up. Look at what you are doing now, THAT is what got you where you are NOW! Keep doing it because it IS working. The thing is, we live in a time where we want and expect instatnt results on everything. Slow and steady is the key to permanent weight loss!

I've been at it for about 7 months now and I have had some really good weeks and thn I have had some really bad weeks the one thing is I NEVE gave up. Like everyone else said, swich things up a little bit and don't drop your calories too low. 2 pounds a week is what everyone sets their goals at and to be honest I don't think that is really possible for anyone plus you will not have the energy you need to work out and you NEED to do some sort of physical activity.
    I didn't even realize how little energy I had until I took the plunge and set my goals for 1/2 a pound a week of loss. I have enough calories that I don't really have to think about my food non-stop (as long as I make smart choices) but I still have room for pizza on Friday nights if I want it. Don't try to hard you will get soooo frazzled and burnt out in a hurry! It takes time but it will happen! I promise!
    I've been where you are. I've lost almost 30 pounds and still feel like not very many people have even noticed!
    Hang in there and don't give up! Don't be too hard on yourself either! You are doing great!
  • miss_magzy
    miss_magzy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Your face...take a good hard look at your face and neck! That is where I saw the first changes.
    Second, be patient. As hard as it is you have to look at it from the point of how long it took you to gain the weight. It takes a verrry long time to lose it. It stinks and it is hard work but it is sooo worth it! Just don't give up. Look at what you are doing now, THAT is what got you where you are NOW! Keep doing it because it IS working. The thing is, we live in a time where we want and expect instatnt results on everything. Slow and steady is the key to permanent weight loss!

I've been at it for about 7 months now and I have had some really good weeks and thn I have had some really bad weeks the one thing is I NEVE gave up. Like everyone else said, swich things up a little bit and don't drop your calories too low. 2 pounds a week is what everyone sets their goals at and to be honest I don't think that is really possible for anyone plus you will not have the energy you need to work out and you NEED to do some sort of physical activity.
    I didn't even realize how little energy I had until I took the plunge and set my goals for 1/2 a pound a week of loss. I have enough calories that I don't really have to think about my food non-stop (as long as I make smart choices) but I still have room for pizza on Friday nights if I want it. Don't try to hard you will get soooo frazzled and burnt out in a hurry! It takes time but it will happen! I promise!
    I've been where you are. I've lost almost 30 pounds and still feel like not very many people have even noticed!
    Hang in there and don't give up! Don't be too hard on yourself either! You are doing great!

This is why i love MFP. So many awesome, positive people! Thank you all!