Low-cal quick sweets

Options
Does anyone know of/or have a list of some low-cal quick sweets that you can buy at the grocery store. I need something sweet around 3 pm (at work) and then I need something again around 9 pm (at home)....any thought will be appreciated!!!

Replies

• ieva012
    Options
    bump
  • msjta
    msjta Posts: 51
    Options
    Oranges, oatmeal granola bars, pineapples...usually works for me.
  • Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    For a sweet in the afternoon I like Annie's bunny grahm friends. Its an all natural cookie/grarhm cracker like thing. They are 130 calories for 28 cookies. And for evening I really like chocolate vita muffins which can be found in the freezer section of most stores and only need to be heated in the microwave for a minute. They are 100 calories per serving and have 9 grams of fiber. Hope this helps.
  • sweetgl
    sweetgl Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Have you tried that new KRAVE cereal by kellogs... mmmmm its amazing. They have a double chocolate version too. I would def recommend it. It satisfy my sweet tooth. Its about 120 calories 4 grams of fat and 3 fibers per 3/4 cup. But that sure beats a candy bar or something worse :P
  • TriciaMaina
    Options
    I usually keep a small bar of dark fancy chocolate on me. When I crave sweets all I really need is a small bit and the craving goes away. The dark chocolate feels decadent, but apparently provides some nice health benefits other than satisfying a craving. In fact, I just had a square of Dagoba's Lavender Blueberry Dark Chocolate - so good!

Also, some family gave me two boxes of girl scout cookies, so instead of plowing through the whole box, I portioned out the cookies into single serving bags (about 4 cookies a bag). A serving runs about 120 calories, which isn't bad. I just throw a bag in my car before a long day.

Good luck!!
  • emilyci
    emilyci Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    quakers chocolate chip oatmeal...i always have this on hand.
  • debidietel069
    debidietel069 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow has some good sweet treats in the freezer section of the grocery store and also in the candy section around 120 calories per packet..
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Rice Krispy treats!
    I like to have one after dinner. They only have 90 calories, but taste so good :)
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Yoplait source yogurt. 35 calories per 100 ml container
  • mrsajcloutier
    Options
    I found the yummiest snack for myself after my babies are in bed and I cant stop thinking about chocolate.....weight watchers dark chocolate rapberry bars. 80 calories. They are sooo damn good!
  • rswood62
    rswood62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Time2Recognize
    Options
    Fruit of most kinds is a favorite of mine, but also love Some wheat thins now and again. I try to avoid anything with aspartame or corn syrup because of the potential health consequences. I slip now and again for treats or not reading the label when on impulse buys but would eventually like to be diligent enough to avoid that stuff all together.
  • Krister0506
    Options
    Angel Food cake....I love it and it is low in calories and fat. It does have the sugar in it, but to me it is worth it :love:
  • skruger22
    skruger22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a hard time resisting sweets, too. My go-to after-dinner treat is Dulce de Leche sugar free Jell-O pudding cups (or any of the flavors that are sugar free). I think they are only 60 calories, and they satisfy my sweets craving at night (I mean, mostly) During the day I turn to fruit- blueberries, strawberries, apples, oranges, etc. If I need chocolate, I try to stick to bite-sized candies, or a small handfull of chocolate chips or a couple of hershey kisses. :)
    -Sonja
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I usually keep a small bar of dark fancy chocolate on me. When I crave sweets all I really need is a small bit and the craving goes away. The dark chocolate feels decadent, but apparently provides some nice health benefits other than satisfying a craving. In fact, I just had a square of Dagoba's Lavender Blueberry Dark Chocolate - so good!

Also, some family gave me two boxes of girl scout cookies, so instead of plowing through the whole box, I portioned out the cookies into single serving bags (about 4 cookies a bag). A serving runs about 120 calories, which isn't bad. I just throw a bag in my car before a long day.

Good luck!!

it's sooo good!
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow has some good sweet treats in the freezer section of the grocery store and also in the candy section around 120 calories per packet..

omg the chocolate truffles bars are soooo good and 100 cal..works perfect for me when I'm craving something sweet. Also idk if your a coffee drinker, but sometimes when I am craving something sweet, i'll have a cup of coffee with some flavored creamer.
  • sunshinekind919
    sunshinekind919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It's getting towards the end of the season for them, but I have been LOVING clementines. They're so sweet and easy and 45 calories. Yum!
  • mebemini2012
    Options
    Jello with Redi Whip Fat Free Whipped Cream!!! SO delicious one serving of both and its only 15 calories!!!!
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *bump*
  • charliesmagic
    Options
    Bump to follow :tongue: