Average weight for a 5 foot 6 inches female

Options
Hi there

I am plateauing with a good weight loss, but wish to know what the average weight for someone my height is so I don't fret too much....I am 37 years old and sit on my *kitten* in a desk job all day, but exercise about three times a week.

What's the average weight for any other 5 foot 6 inch ladies out there?

x

Replies

• steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My average weight is 135 pounds, I am medium framed.
  • nicolasara
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5ft 6 and was told by my doctor that I can be anything from 118 lbs to 161 lbs.
    In saying that, I think I would look anorexic at 118 lbs and a bit on the hefty side at 161 lbs. I tend to like to be between 126 lbs and 134 lbs, that is about right, I feel for my frame, but it depends on what sort of build you are really.
    Sorry cant be more specific. hope it helps a little :smile:
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'6 and sitting at 136 just now - my goal's 130 - that's perfect for me but i think it depends on your frame what looks best.
  • tuppance
    tuppance Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Way back when I got down to 139.5 ilbs and felt awesome but really struggled to stay there - I then sabotaged myself and it all piled back on

Ten years on I am heading there again (long way to go) but I think I will be happy if I can get to 150lbs and maintain it - we shall see
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6" and current flucuating between 150 and 155 lbs. I'd like to be in the 145 - 150 lb range. I currently wear a size 8 with some 10s and 6s mixed in. I consider myself a medium frame. I was once in the low 140s - high 130s but everyone said I looked sick (not in a good way). I didn't feel good and every day was a struggle to maintain it. I fear 145 to 150 may be pushing it as I get close but never quite there and don't see to be able to hang on for long. Not sure what the right answer is. I guess you have to decide where you wan to land and how much you're will to work to stay there.
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    135 is a good healthy weight. I am aiming for 130 myself because I always fluctuate 2 - 3 lbs :bigsmile:
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    The highest I've ever been is 150 for quite a few years. I really started to get serious in October and I'm currently 139.5 and want to be 135.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for the average weight, or the healthy weight?
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Did you google it yet?
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It all depends. I'm only 5'4", but I'm 144lbs.....and rockin' it pretty well. The more muscle you have the more you will probably weigh. =)
  • earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as an average weight. What you want is to know your body fat percentage. The normal range for women is 20%-24%. If you're in the high teens, you're getting lean and mid-teens you'll have a six pack. For guys, normal is 16%-20%, low teens your really fit and high single digits will get you some decent abs.

Get yourself tested or buy some inexpensive calipers and do it yourself. Very important number to know in order to establish baseline caloric intake. Using BMI is just a wild guess.
  • lalalaleah
    Options
    I'm a medium frame, apple shape. My goal is to be 140 pounds. I think as long as you stay under 154 and above 114, you're fine on the BMI range.
  • sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6" and current flucuating between 150 and 155 lbs. I'd like to be in the 145 - 150 lb range. I currently wear a size 8 with some 10s and 6s mixed in. I consider myself a medium frame. I was once in the low 140s - high 130s but everyone said I looked sick (not in a good way). I didn't feel good and every day was a struggle to maintain it. I fear 145 to 150 may be pushing it as I get close but never quite there and don't see to be able to hang on for long. Not sure what the right answer is. I guess you have to decide where you wan to land and how much you're will to work to stay there.

Exactly this for me too...I am currently above what I should be...but pretty much this is how my body works too. 145 to 150 seems to be my best. Below and people start telling me I am too thin, and above I don't feel right. I currently an aiming for 140 but I have 30 pounds before I reach that mark. :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and a half.......and I vary between 145 and 149 and I am still chunky......my goal is to get to 145 and see what I look like then......I think that I would never want to be less than 128 though.
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty damn hot @ 140 and super model at 135 lol
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I am 44 years old. 5'5 and weight 112 lbs. I have a very small frame.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what average is -- I am 5'6'', and I started at 303.4 -- I am currently 198.4 -- My goal is 160lbs.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I was told that my ideal weight is 139lbs, but anywhere between 123 and 154 was within healthy weight parameters. I suffered from a severe eating disorder for 10 years and was about 115 and was WAY too skinny. I am most comfortable at about 145-150. HTH
  • Smithdawnm
    Options
    I am 5'6" and between 135-140 was a good weight for me. I think I have a med build. Maybe a little towards large because I was in a size 10 at 148 lbs. My friend is also 5'6", and she weighs 117 and looks great. I guess it's all in your body type. I like to think I just have heavy bones/muscle. LOL
  • I bounce between 135 and 140, but am trying to get down to 125-130. I exercise about 3-4 days a week (I love circuit training), am constantly on my feet either at work or volunteering at the PT clinic, and whole heartedly believe that diet and nutrition is 75% of the work when it comes to weight loss & health.

Add or message me if you want any tips or tricks!