WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PROTEIN POWDER??

Options

Replies

• court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    BUMP! Curious to see what everyone says!
  • alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    I also have some Jillian Michaels Chocolate protein powder that I am trying to use up but it tastes TERRIBLE. Not only does it barely taste like chocolate at all, the consistency when it is blended or shaken is like chocolate pudding and not in a good way.

I love Jillian Michaels and have many of her DVD's but you are right her protein powder is AWFUL!! I threw mine away!!
  • emilystamp
    Options
    EAS Chocolate Soy Protein. I like it, although I haven't tried many others to compare.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I currently use Herbalife. I add fresh or frozen fruit.
  • mattkellett
    Options
    Promasil, vanilla soft serve, you will not dissapointed.
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    THERE ARE SO MANY BRANDS AND FLAVORS OUT THERE... WHAT'S YOUR FAVE?? AND YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO USE IT??

Dymatize Elite Gourmet Whey/Casein Blend Protein (www.dymatize.com)
    Rich Vanilla Flavor
    Drink it straight.....or mix it up with water, then add to my oatmeal (use it like milk)
    Use it in cookies, or cakes, any kind of sweet baking. (which I don't normally do..but IF I do...)
    Ice, banana, scoop protein...maybe a little chocolate syrup...blend......chocolate banana shake
    Ice, scoop protein, chocolate syrup, 2 tbs Adam's All Natural Creamy Peanut Butter.............Peanut Butter Cup shake!
    The possibillities are ENDLESS!!!
  • sunshinekind919
    sunshinekind919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    OMG I'm so glad someone posted about this because I just started using protein powder and I love this one: Optimum Nutrition Performance Whey Chocolate Shake flavor!! I just shake it up in one of those shaker cups with 8oz of skim milk (additional protein) and it legitimately tastes like a chocolate shake. Soooooo good. 246 cals with the skim milk: 21g carbs, 4g fat, 30 protein. I use it as a meal replacer sometimes or if I have the extra cals at the end of the day and want something chocolate-y! :D
  • nikkimoon1382
    nikkimoon1382 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Designer Whey is my fav. Get it at Vitamin Shoppe.. I like it because its all natural so no gross chemicals/fillers/thickeners and it tastes good.

I usually blend 1scoop with 1c. OJ and 1/2c. frozen blueberries. I also put in a scoop of greens for digestion :)

Or if im feeling chocolatey I will blend 1 scoop with a 1c. skim milk, 1tbs of cocoa powder, some stevia to sweeten it up and 1 frozen banana.

I have these for b-fast, they are about 300cals and they generally keep me full until lunch.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty picky and want specific things, like whey protein isolate, low carb, low sugar, low fat....
    I've tried jsut about everything on the market at some point -- these are my go=to

Syntrax Chocolate Essence (i HATE syntrax nectra fruity flavors tho.. the latte and chocolate truffle aren't bad)
    TruProtein.com Chocolate Fudge (you can create your own blend, and choose the sweetener, additives - or add nothing
    Jay Robb Chocoalte or Pina Colada
    Isopure Natural Banana, Pineapple Orange
    AllMax Chocolate

It's not the best stats, but if you like coffee -- CLICK all natural Mocha is divine. I usually get a jug of that and mix it right into a jug of chocolate -- make the shakes with almond milk, cold decaf coffee and its better than starbucks.

I know a lot of people like them, but I have hated every single flavor of Gold Standard and Optimum Nutritition.

I would never pay for something like Shakeology when you can make it yourself -- I often toss in a scoop of berry or chocolate flavortred greens/fiber blens and its a lot cheaper. I don't buy anything pre-mixed. EAS is a blend and I didn't like some things on the label, but in a pinch I'll buy Body Fortress at Walmart.
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I love my chocolate Shakeology with 1/2 a frozen banana in it.
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    GNC's Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 - I have both the chocolate and the strawberry--- both DELICIOUS!!!!

*And because I don't like milk I add water & shake :) LOL
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    Options
    bump
  • lightstruck1
    lightstruck1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use Hemp protein. All natural, 130 calories for 4 tablespoons and 15g of protein plus 1200 mg omega 3.

I usually put it in my green smoothies- a combo of apple, kale, banana, and berries.
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    GNC Total Lean 25 Swiss Chocolate (or French Vanilla) (with either water or unsweetened almond milk)

Serving Size 2 Scoops
    Servings Per Container 16

Amount Per Serving % DV

Calories 200.00

Calories from Fat 30.00

Total Fat 3.00 g 5%

Saturated Fat 1.50 g 8%

Cholesterol 60.00 mg 20%

Sodium 280.00 mg 12%

Potassium 480.00 mg 14%

Total Carbohydrate 17.00 g 6%

Dietary Fiber 8.00 g 32%

Soluble Fiber 5.00 g

Sugars 4.00 g

Protein 25.00 g 0%
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I use body fortress. I have the chocolate peanutbutter and cookies n creme. It taste pretty good with skim milk. I am going to by some almond milk and try it with that. I only use it on heavy lifting days
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Now Sports Whey Protein Isolate - Natural Unflavored

The best part about it is that I can't tell it is there!! I mix it with greek yogurt, frozen berries, some cocoa powder, spinach, skim milk, and a little flavored sweetener. Mmmmmm.... I went from "I will NEVER drink a protein shake!!" to "Could I skip dinner and just have my shake?"
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Isoflex in vanilla is my current one (I like to change brands)
    it's only 110 cal per 30g scoop and 27g protein
    I like to blend it with 1 cup frozen berries and a cup of water
  • Spliceintuit
    Spliceintuit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am on the Shape Kit from Visalus. I use 8 oz of almond milk or water and two scoops of the powder. I can flavor it with unsweetened cocoa powder if I want chocolate, add strawberries if I want the flavor... It is so yummy! Twice a day (breakfast and lunch). I get all my nutrition and build muscles. Great for muscle recovery too after a workout. Try it for 30 days. If you are not happy they give you back your money. Check out the ingredients. http://90daynow.myvi.net/Resource/DbFile/?f=Vi-Shape_Ingredients.pdf

http://90daynow.myvi.net/products.html
  • TanyaCurtis
    Options
    ******PURE TRIM MEDITERRANEAN WELLNESS SHAKE******

~I USE 1 PACKAGE, OR EVEN HALF OF THE VANILLA POWDER
    ~2 FROZEN BANANA'S
    ~1 CUP FROZEN BLUEBERRIES
    ~CAP FULL VANILLA EXTRACT
    ~HANDFUL FROZEN SPINACH (OPTIONAL, U CAN'T REALLY TASTE IT)

OR

~HALF, USUALLY FULL PACKAGE OF CHOCOLATE POWDER
    ~2 OR MORE FROZEN BANANA'S
    ~AND PEANUT BUTTER IF U LIKE
    ~HANDFUL FROZEN SPINACH(OPTIONAL)
    IT TASTES LIKE DELICIOUS CAKE BATTER

Mmmmm Mmmmm Goooood!!!!!
    THEN WHIP IT UP IN THE VITA-MIX :D AND YUMMM
  • mmclachlan10
    Options
    MuscleTech: Whey protein: Chocolate: I used 1.5 scoops with 8oz of water and it was delicious :)