Wicked dessert cravings after dinner.

Options

Replies

• kleverkira
    kleverkira Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If I want something to eat but I'm not hungry (an emotional or boredom craving), I make myself a cup of tea. Or I have a square of really good chocolate (usually only 30-50 calories worth since there isn't a lot of butter & sugar in it).
  • jfrankovich
    jfrankovich Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My standby since I've been on MFP has become Hershey's kisses. I'll have just two or three when I'm craving something sweet, taking my time to really savor them. You just have to be able to limit yourself to a few at a time (staying within or near your daily calorie goal, as always). I think it helps that you have to unwrap each one (compared to, say, M&Ms, another favorite of mine). And I don't keep them within reach of any favorite sitting spots, such as by the TV.
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    deep chocolate vita tops-I simply cannot live without those things! only 100 cals too!
  • littlebeans
    littlebeans Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I always have 1 lindt chocolate ball when I need something rich and sweet, especially after dinner. I'm not big on "skinny" desserts since for me they just make me hungrier! So I stash a box or bag of lindt chocolate and only ever let myself have 1 at a time. Its about 70 calories. soooo worth it though if you're a chocolate lover.
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    A Weightwatchers yoghurt has around 60 calories avg.
  • Cheryl943
    Options
    A good quality dark chocolate is my go to after dinner sweet. Just a couple of squares satisfies the craving and it's good for you too! Try some of the cool combos that are available now. Yummy.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    low calorie hot chocolate mix in almond milk or soy milk!
  • nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking a glass of tea before bed. Sometimes I will accompany it with a girl scout cookie or some type of sweet bread but I will only take a little piece.
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    sugar free hot cocoa! It's filling, too.....
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    mix a spoon of lowcal hotchocolate powder in with low fat natural yoghurt. mmmmmm
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those eat your exercise calories back people, so I work out enough that I usually have enough calories for an ihop stuffed french toast (cream cheese) 210 calories and hot chocolate 1 cup 150 calories. I've lost 19 lbs and haven't done without anything I want. Good Luck.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Buy a protein bar that you really like and cut one into sections. Most are 300 - 400 calories, so cut it into 100 or 150 calorie pieces. Wrap them up in foil or ziplock bags. Then, if you get a craving after dinner, have one of those. Much better for you than cookies. You can also try some of the Yoplait light yogurts. At 100 calories, some of them are decent and can fix a craving (plus the calcium is good for weight loss).
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Try 100 calorie snacks, they taste awesome. Or I have a frozen chocolate covered banana a lot of days, which is more than a 100 calories but yummyy!
  • kaizen31
    kaizen31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You can have 4 Hershey's kisses for under 100cals. ;)
  • whiskeysister510
    whiskeysister510 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I always crave dessert too, so I eat it!! Here are some of my favorite low-cal desserts:

Weight Watchers Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Bar 110 calories (probably not a good choice if you're doing clean eating--some yucky fake ingredients in there that I choose to ignore)

Julie's Organic Ice Cream Sandwiches 160 calories (I prefer these to the skinny cow ones)

Blueberry or Raspberry yogurt with dark chocolate chips 125 - 200 calories depending on what yogurt and how much chocolate

Dark chocolate chips and a spoonful of peanut butter (probably sounds gross, but oh so good) 100 - 120 calories
  • danihonline
    Options
    when I get a sweet tooth craving I go for a Quaker Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola bar (only 100 cal and healthier sweets than the cookies I always want)
  • sassygamma
    sassygamma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have never been a sweets craver but since starting this new eating regiment for some reason i do now, and here are a few things that i have found, sugar free angel food cake 77 calories for a quarter of the cake, sugar free cool whip, jello sugar free Mousse(chocolate indulgence) when i have the mousse i also put 2 TBLS sugar free cool whip on top, these are things i look forward to after dinner. I hope this helps...
  • lindsnjeff
    lindsnjeff Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    4 hershey kisses = 88 cals !
  • abvickrey
    abvickrey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Snickers mini ice cream bars only have 90 calories! They're small, but they get the job done!