was under goal everyday, and exercised and still no loss

Options

Replies

• Stasha17
    Options
    This also happened to me last week, I figured I wasnt watching my sugars, sodiums and carbs. Although I was under weight these 3 slowed me down.
  • Wildgirl10
    Options
    For this reason I am stepping away from the scale. I'm using measurements and monthly weigh ins. I was getting discouraged because the weight just wasn't falling off. Then I took pictures...and I can see that my body has changed even if the scale reflects 6lbs.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    When you are 14 pounds into a 24 pound goal, I expect 2 lbs per week is too optimistic. You've made quick progress on those 14 lbs and and the last 10 might be a little harder to take off.
  • bilio77
    bilio77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cheers folks,
    i'll start tracking my sodium. ill finish this week at current cal level then switch it to trying to loose 1.5 or a lb a week.
    this is gonna sound dumb but how much is 10 cups of water in litres? do you inc tea and coffee in that or just pure water (i have 2 cups of green tea, and three or so cups of normal tea a day)
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you're probably not eating enough.

Any suggests on what to eat? i don't want to eat crap, blast over my goals and end up putting weight on. I'm pretty poor at controlling my diet, hence why this site has been so good for me so far. having aa clear target to stick too has helped me immensely.

Should i maybe adjust my goal to say loosing 1.5lbs a week so i get more calls?

You could try adding a glass of milk or nuts for good-quality calories. (Don't do what I do and reach for chocolate. Do as I say, not as I do, haha.)
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've done some press ups and similar stuff, and went for a 40 minute bike ride and a 20min bike. i guess it could be water weight. its just a bit disheartening

I just posted a similar thing and used the same word "disheartening" ! I power walked at least 5K almost everyday last week and was under calories everyday and the scale won't budge. This is coming off a steady month of loosing-- I stepped on the scale this morning and NOTHING! so :(
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Cheers folks,
    i'll start tracking my sodium. ill finish this week at current cal level then switch it to trying to loose 1.5 or a lb a week.
    this is gonna sound dumb but how much is 10 cups of water in litres? do you inc tea and coffee in that or just pure water (i have 2 cups of green tea, and three or so cups of normal tea a day)

10 cups is about 2.4 liters.
  • Marlinedorcinvil
    Marlinedorcinvil Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Calories in doesnt really add to calories out. it depends on What your eating. I would agree with lowering your carbs. Even going down to about 100g caould cause significant weight loss. only trouble is if you tend to go back to a high carb diet, you may gain the weight back. its not for everyone but it works for me.
  • myak623
    Options
    Calories in doesnt really add to calories out. it depends on What your eating. I would agree with lowering your carbs. Even going down to about 100g caould cause significant weight loss. only trouble is if you tend to go back to a high carb diet, you may gain the weight back. its not for everyone but it works for me.

Please watch the documentary "Fat Head" and then let us know if it's more than cals in/cals out.
  • doublezizzle
    doublezizzle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary and to me, it looks like you are not eating enough. Check out the excel file in this posting - helps you figure out how much you should be eating if you want to maintain, lose and build. At 1500 cals a day, you must be eating below or at your BMR which is not good...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/491087-my-gift-excel-spreadsheet-for-bmr-tdee-cut-build-and-ma
  • Merrie67
    Options
    I have been there as well when I dropped 12 pounds in the first month and then stopped for 3 weeks. Just keep on doing what your doing and the weight will come off. It sounds like you plateaued which happens from time to time. Just make sure your eating enough, drinking enough and getting enough exercise. Keep on weighing yourself once a week and measure yourself as well because you are also losing inches. Don't worry!!!
  • myak623
    Options
    I just looked at your diary and to me, it looks like you are not eating enough. Check out the excel file in this posting - helps you figure out how much you should be eating if you want to maintain, lose and build. At 1500 cals a day, you must be eating below or at your BMR which is not good...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/491087-my-gift-excel-spreadsheet-for-bmr-tdee-cut-build-and-ma

This guy did a lot of work to produce spreadsheet, but I think the math comes in too low. I've calculated mine using the long formula version and it comes out different. Had someone else calculate and matched my calculations.
  • WheyStrong
    WheyStrong Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Try changing up your diet (macros) a bit. I see that you're eating a lot of carbs and very little protein. Try reversing those and see what happens. The key here is losing "fat" not weight. You want to preserve as much muscle as possible while losing fat. having a diet insufficient in protein will lead to losing both fat and muscle. Try to shoot for 1g of protein per pound of body weight. good luck
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    You don't have that much to lose so setting yourself at a 2lb a week loss isn't really realistic. Sure it comes off at first because of water weight and what not but then it slows down.

I would try changing your goals to 1lb a week.

I don't know too many grown men that should only be eating 1400 calories a day...that seems pretty low.
  • bilio77
    Options
    Try changing up your diet (macros) a bit. I see that you're eating a lot of carbs and very little protein. Try reversing those and see what happens. The key here is losing "fat" not weight. You want to preserve as much muscle as possible while losing fat. having a diet insufficient in protein will lead to losing both fat and muscle. Try to shoot for 1g of protein per pound of body weight. good luck
    [/quote

What proteins would you. Suggest for a vegetarian? ]
  • doublezizzle
    Options
    I had my body comp and bmr tested professionally and using the Katch-McArdie formula it was within 10 calories. In any case 1400-1500 cals for a guy is not enough, I think. Which one did you use? They all actually seemed on the higher end to me, not low.
  • doublezizzle
    Options
    And agree on the macros...up your protein.
  • WheyStrong
    WheyStrong Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    [/quote

What proteins would you. Suggest for a vegetarian? ]

Try adding some beans, nuts, quinoa, tofu, and a protein powder derived from plants. Also, there are a lot of breads and wraps that have a very high protein content in them.
  • bilio77
    Options
    Thanks, i'll look at getting some nuts, and beans into my diet. When you say protein powders from plant sources is this because most whey based protein powders are no good? (ive no objection to diary products)
  • sirihermine
    sirihermine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear, some weeks you lose big, some weeks you lose nothing, some weeks you gain a bit. 2 pounds a week should be an average, not an automatic, regular thing.

^^^this! Unfortunately some weigh-ins your weight is just not going to reflect what you've done the last week. :( Other weeks when you haven't been as good, you might lose anyway. :S
    Sometimes it just doesn't make sense, but on an average (if you look at it in a longer perspective) you will lose weight anyway.