I Need Your Opinion! (Outfit choice.)

Options

Replies

• paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    why don't you go for skinny jeans,some high heels(pumps) that would make you look thinner and a t-shirt?

wearing heels to make you look thinner is a) a pretty loaded assumption that she needs to (she doesnt) and b) a pretty crappy reason to wear something which damages your feet.

flats are cute, kitten heels are cute, no one needs to wear these ludicrous shoes that are so in fashion, they will destroy your feet and ankles.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the first outfit.

But here's a tip. I've asked my husband's opinions on so many outfits... and he's great about being honest. What I've noticed is he (and other men) does not seem to like the tops that flare out around the waist... and it's those tops that have the babydoll type fit. Fit at the boobs and then flare out. My hubby says it covers up too much or they don't really show your silhouette or something. So... while I do love your top in the first pic, it may fall into that category.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    why don't you go for skinny jeans,some high heels(pumps) that would make you look thinner and a t-shirt?

I'm not really concerned with looking 'thinner'. He knows what I look like.
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    I think they both look really nice, the first one is cute though. Which one do you feel most confident/comfortable wearing?
  • hush7hush
    Options
    I feel quite confident/comfortable in them both. I'm actually quite confident in general, so I don't have a hard time finding something to be comfortable in. I'm just not sure what would be suiting for this type of event.

Edit: I just don't want to be over-dressed, you know?
    210889 Posts: 21
    Options
    Friday I'm going out with the guy I've been seeing and all his friends (whom I've never met) to celebrate his birthday. From what I've been told, we're going to a sports bar to watch the Red Wings game. I'm having a fit over what to wear! I'd like some opinions. I've got a couple ideas, though I'm not sure about them.

I could go with something cute & dressy like this:

t5oh0y.jpg

Or something casual like this:

243gefk.jpg

I am completely open to other ideas as well. I really would like to impress his friends, as well as him. Big time into this guy. :)

I'd go for the top outfit! It's slightly more dressy but still casual enough! You want to look like you made an effort, but you don't want to show HOW much of an effort. The first one ticks all the right boxes! xo
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    I feel quite confident/comfortable in them both. I'm actually quite confident in general, so I don't have a hard time finding something to be comfortable in. I'm just not sure what would be suiting for this type of event.

I know what you mean, in that case I'd wear the top one :smile: it's dressy without being too OTT
  • hush7hush
    Options

I know what you mean, in that case I'd wear the top one :smile: it's dressy without being too OTT

Thank you! [:
  • theblondetrick
    theblondetrick Posts: 192 Member
    Options

i just thought you wanted to look nice.of course he knows what you look like. i'm sure that skinny jeans,pumps and a t-shirt is a classic and you wouldn't make a mistake if you wore those. for a less stylish look,you can go for converse shoes or sth like that.
  • hush7hush
    Options

i just thought you wanted to look nice.of course he knows what you look like. i'm sure that skinny jeans,pumps and a t-shirt is a classic and you wouldn't make a mistake if you wore those. for a less stylish look,you can go for converse shoes or sth like that.

Thank you for your input. [:
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    They both look really nice - I'd go with whatever feels comfortable :) Or you could go with a Red Wings shirt ;)
  • MoogieOh
    MoogieOh Posts: 141
    Options
    They both look great.

Only difference is they both can portray different images

Top one is cute/girly

Bottom is more powerful/attitude

That's just my opinion though :P
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    The first one and it's red for redwings :) I love the Redwings, we support them from all the way over in Ireland xx
  • hush7hush
    Options
    The first one and it's red for redwings :) I love the Redwings, we support them from all the way over in Ireland xx

That's so great to hear! The wings are amazing. <3
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    The first! You look amazing :)
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You do look awesome! I tend to agree - the second pic outfit for a sports bar... but you look hot in both! Maybe a more form-fitting top with the jeans and heels as someone else said? Have fun!!!!
  • AR73
    AR73 Posts: 107
    Options
    Both look good on you but IMO the second one for a Sports Bar.
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    The first one. U look adorable!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I seem to be in a minority here, but I really like the second one. I think it is more suited to going to a sports bar. Or you could wear the same bottom half with a more fitted top? Hope you have a good time anyway. You look good in both pics!
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Second. :)