Eating way over my protein

Options
2»

Replies

• Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My protein is over 90% of the time and I got to goal eating that way, my fats and carbs are usually lower than set.... I wouldnt worry about it at all.

xxx
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    my tae bo instructor who is also a nutritionist said that you should eat atleat 100grams a day
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    :\ I just had 51g of protein for breakfast today.

I ALWAYS go over. Always. I usually get a little over 90-120g of protein every day. It's not an issue.
  • Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I would love to know what you're eating b/c I'm just the opposite! I'm trying to figure out how to put more protein in my daily consumption!

I'm the same, struggling to reduce carbs and up fat/protein. I've resorted to eating cheese by itself if I have any deficit after dinner in a bid to bring them up.

Greek Yogurt, chicken, salmon, fresh tuna, protein shake, fresh turkey breasts, low fat cottage cheese.....all high in protein :0)- the Total 0% greek yogurt is amazing, tastes great, no fat and can be used as a dessert with fresh fruit or as a salad dressing... much better than eating cheese which is high in fat.... xx
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I've opened my diary if anybody is interested in seeing.

Pretty awesome, actually, but out of curiosity, what does your sodium look like? Cheese is really high in sodium.
  • maryriddle81
    Options
    I eat lots of protein without eating tons of meat and eggs. I eat Greek yogurt, which has anywhere from 9-15g, depending on the amount I eat. I eat Frigo light string cheese, which has 8g. Quinoa is a good source of protein, too. I normally have chicken breasts, tilapia, shrimp, tuna...things like that for lunch and dinner. One of my biggest sources of protein comes at breakfast when I have my AdvoCare meal replacement shake. It has 24g.

I'm thinking about transitioning from Weight Watchers to MFP. I started in MFP yesterday in addition to WW, which I've done for over a year. It has been an adjustment trying to meet goals for carbs, protein, fat....especially calories!
  • hesstb15
    Options
    I eat fresh motz which tends to be lower in sodium.
  • hesstb15
    Options
    I eat lots of protein without eating tons of meat and eggs. I eat Greek yogurt, which has anywhere from 9-15g, depending on the amount I eat. I eat Frigo light string cheese, which has 8g. Quinoa is a good source of protein, too. I normally have chicken breasts, tilapia, shrimp, tuna...things like that for lunch and dinner. One of my biggest sources of protein comes at breakfast when I have my AdvoCare meal replacement shake. It has 24g.

I'm thinking about transitioning from Weight Watchers to MFP. I started in MFP yesterday in addition to WW, which I've done for over a year. It has been an adjustment trying to meet goals for carbs, protein, fat....especially calories!

I did weight watchers and I think it can be mis-leading. They give you unlimited fruit and veggies and I would pile up on those items, not realizing how many calories I was eating in addition to my point allowance. I hardly lost any weight. MFP really has opened up my eyes and helped me learn new eating habits.
  • maryriddle81
    Options

I did weight watchers and I think it can be mis-leading. They give you unlimited fruit and veggies and I would pile up on those items, not realizing how many calories I was eating in addition to my point allowance. I hardly lost any weight. MFP really has opened up my eyes and helped me learn new eating habits.

I've had great success on WW, but I get burned out at times and like to try something different. Not to mention WW costs $$! I've found that I can't view the fruits & veggies as completely free....I have to limit myself to just a couple of fruits and 3 or 4 veggies per day. I also make sure I measure them instead of eating them with abandon LOL! It just seems that every time I get to my goal, I get burned out with the point-counting and end up gaining some back.
  • hansenh1
    hansenh1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Too much protein cant really hurt you. You should be eating half your weight minus four- in total amount of grams. The amount set on here is pretty low to be honest. But id rather eat too much protein, than to try to meet my caloric goal with carbs!