Slim-fast... anyone else?

Options
2»

Replies

• Kitiara47
    Options
    I'll drink a shake either during breakfast or around 11 because of my crazy schedule. I have classes from 9-2 and have a break at 10. I don't consider that lunch time when breakfast is at 8:30. So I usually eat my lunch in two parts: shake around 11 or during breakfast and apple at 2 when I get to work. The shake helps to tide me over and they don't taste too bad when you get through the first one, at least with the vanilla :wink: I don't think I would ever try the diet since I think it's too costly. You're just buying their food, like with the nutrisystem and all. You can create your own calorie deficit and fill it with yummy things like fruits, veggies, salads, soups, anything you want to make! :smile:
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies :D I've been loosing weight for the past... around a year and a half. Lost a stone and a half, but I don't seem to be able to move any further. I like to eat only natural foods and drinks, as much as I can and lost weight doing that.

I just wanted to try Slim-fast as a sort of "boost" as i'm getting a bit desperate! I exercise nearly everyday now and my weight just doesn't budge.

Hopefully i'll figure something out soon :)

Thanks guys :D

You might have plateaued. I'm waiting for the day that happens to me because it did last time. I hit a certain weight and no matter how much I exercised that was it. Try shaking up your routine throwing in new things I plateaued after losing 35 pounds last time so this time when that happens I'm going to throw in sprints and zumba or something that my body totally isn't used to. For me, I also found out that taking one complete day off from exercise helped to boost my weight loss. Don't know why.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I've just got some, arrived today.. so I'll start tomorrow morning.

I don't like eating first thing anyway so a shake is easy in morning and at lunch time have it with piece of fruit or carrot sticks and bit of hummus.

I had some results last time but I'd only got half a tin off a friend (she was going to throw it out) I lost a few pound in the week till I finished it so I've got some more of my own and hoping to stick to it!

I was hoping the chocolate one would help as I get bad choc cravings so if can have choc as two meals a day until monthlies end and not eat any other chocolate besides that will be a huge improvement for me, considering how much chocolate I usually get through in this week!! I've only got 5lbs to go and want it off by end of March.
  • gmsmagic1
    gmsmagic1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Assessing the value of this product all depends on what type of diet you're on and which version you're drinking. I lost a ton of weight on a low carb diet. Slim Fast works great on my diet for 1 meal substitute a day, but the key is to only drink the Low Carb version which is hard to find. Walmart's carry it. This 180 calorie version tastes great yet only has 1 gram of sugar, 4 grams of carbs, 9 grams of fat, and 20 grams of protein - perfect for anyone that has their body in a state of ketosis. I'm no longer in ketosis but still find that this drink helps me maintain my lower weight.

Any healthy drink that satisfies your appetite and compliments your diet goals can be effective. Just use common sense when adhering to it and don't order a plate of pancakes with it! :drinker:

Good luck.

10380267.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i did it for a while on one of my yo-yo diets. while i did enjoy the shakes, it wasn't the long term fix that i wanted.

they taste pretty good (at least to me) but are not very filling.
  • Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I did do the 3-2-1 diet plan a while back and lost weight. I found it helped me get on track as it is vvery restrictive which is what I sometimes need. However, when I feel more in control I can make better choices so dont need them. I do still keep some of the premixed bottles in the fridge as if i know i am going to be very busy they are easy to just grab rather than me getting fast food etc
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I usually have it as a meal replacement for breakfast, but don't think that eating/drinking their products alone is going to make you lose weight. Keeping to your calorie intake limits and exercising regularly is..

Would you consider making your food diary public and then we can perhaps make better suggestions for you?
  • vickie28
    vickie28 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I keep some in the house for when I need a chocolate fix-- I put the can in the freezer for about an 1/2 hr then --- yum !! So for me I use it more for a snack / treat :)
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have a shake a couple times a week as a lunch alternative but also have a bit of fruit too,. I see it more of a supplement to get extra vitamins rather than a daily meal replacement. I have also had one if I know if my evening dinner is going to be more calories than usual.
  • Chloeoo
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies :D I've been loosing weight for the past... around a year and a half. Lost a stone and a half, but I don't seem to be able to move any further. I like to eat only natural foods and drinks, as much as I can and lost weight doing that.

I just wanted to try Slim-fast as a sort of "boost" as i'm getting a bit desperate! I exercise nearly everyday now and my weight just doesn't budge.

Hopefully i'll figure something out soon :)

Thanks guys :D

You might have plateaued. I'm waiting for the day that happens to me because it did last time. I hit a certain weight and no matter how much I exercised that was it. Try shaking up your routine throwing in new things I plateaued after losing 35 pounds last time so this time when that happens I'm going to throw in sprints and zumba or something that my body totally isn't used to. For me, I also found out that taking one complete day off from exercise helped to boost my weight loss. Don't know why.

Thanks for the reply :) I was thinking of starting Zumba. Looks intense haha!
  • Chloeoo
    Options
    Assessing the value of this product all depends on what type of diet you're on and which version you're drinking. I lost a ton of weight on a low carb diet. Slim Fast works great on my diet for 1 meal substitute a day, but the key is to only drink the Low Carb version which is hard to find. Walmart's carry it. This 180 calorie version tastes great yet only has 1 gram of sugar, 4 grams of carbs, 9 grams of fat, and 20 grams of protein - perfect for anyone that has their body in a state of ketosis. I'm no longer in ketosis but still find that this drink helps me maintain my lower weight.

Any healthy drink that satisfies your appetite and compliments your diet goals can be effective. Just use common sense when adhering to it and don't order a plate of pancakes with it! :drinker:

Good luck.

10380267.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

I live in Ireland so the only Slim-fast products we have here is strawberry, vanilla and choc shakes. Berry and chocolate meal bars. And pretzels.... Ireland SUCKS hahaha.

Decided i'm going to come off the slim-fast diet but keep the products around the house for emergency meals haha.

Thanks everyone for all your comments and advice :)