Stretch Marks & Pouch Before & Afters

Options

Replies

• Jozie_
    Jozie_ Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of a belly pouch left and I've come to realize? It isn't fat, it is skin. Skin that stretched both with two pregnancies and weight gain. Unfortunately, it won't go away with diet or exercise. I didn't lose my weight quickly and I did it the right way. Sometimes the skin has just been stretched beyond its limits to return to its normal state.

I accept that this is who I am. I have two kids and I won't ever have a flat belly again nor will I ever wear a bikini again. I'm okay with it.

Perhaps some day - I will have a tummy tuck, but right now I'm too cheap to have cosmetic surgery just to have it.

I think in the back of my head I knew this, just didn't want to believe it! Argh! It's exactly this that makes me want to just be fat forever, what's the point in being healthy if I still HATE my body?

Don't loose hope, just keep eating healthy and exercising. I have two boys, when my youngest was born I would have been around 80kgs, and managed to get down to about 52kgs, I don't have any before and after pics as I was too embarrassed to take them at the time.

Anyway I'm currently about 55kgs and I've reached the midpoint between actually acheiving a perfect body and just being happy with the body I have. I think I look 'pretty good' and its not all that often I think about my loose stomach skin and stretch marks. I used to think abou them aaaaall the time.

My youngest is now 4 and I'm sure I still see improvements in my skin.

Good luck and keep the faith!
  • rbilsborough
    rbilsborough Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Your transformation over a year has been fantastic, and you should be very proud of yourself.
    That could be a picture of my stomach! I always say it is like the jowels of a dog.......not necesarily the stretch marks bother me, but the non elastic (very wrinkly) looking skin is a little irksome. After 5 children, I know the skin is never going to "zing" back, and I am ok with that. I will say this though, I had a C-section with my first and a very large baby with my 4th...........she was the one that did the most "change" to my stomach. The pouch was never there because of the c-section, but after getting stretched to the max with my big girl, the pouch was like having a hand bag hanging from my lower abdomen. How fast and how much weight you gain with your pregnancy dictates the size of the pouch I think. It does get better over time....as you tighten your abdominal muscles, but it will never be the same as before kids....but neither will we LOL
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 and I just had my 4th baby (and 4th c-section). There are a lot of factors that come into play when talking about loose skin and stretch marks (age, weight gained, genetics, etc). It isn't fair that some people can have kids and no noticeable long term changes to their bodies (my mom had twins and no stretch marks or loose skin/pouch and none of her sisters reports having stretch marks, loose skin, or a pouch either). But, that is just the way it is. You do the best with what you have. Doesn't mean you have to be happy about it, but don't let it get to you too much, either.

I have never had a flat stomach after having kids but didn't work that hard at it, either. After my third baby I had "crinkly" skin on my belly and I assume that will never go away. I was almost afraid to lose weight for fear that my belly would actually look worse as the fat disappeared and the skin stayed the same. I still have a considerable amount of fat on my belly right now so maybe I will be pleasantly surprised, but I am not counting on it.

But, I am at the point now where I am sick of being self-conscious about my weight. Even if the loose skin is still there, most people aren't going to be able to see it. I will still have more clothing options than I do now in order to cover up my belly. And most of all I will know that I am healthy and that is more important to me now. I am getting to the age where health problems are real....and I want to avoid them. Even if my body isn't perfect I will know that I am in the best health and shape that I can be.

Good luck and try to look at the bigger picture in regards to your body, your health, and your life.
  • farm_mamaX9
    Options
    I haven't read through all the posts but I've heard that alfalfa tablets AND skin brushing helps firm up the skin, including the pouch. I tried the alfalfa tablets only to remember too late that I am highly allergic to alfalfa grass and I was sick as a dog! But I do still do the skin brushing and I like what I am seeing so far.
  • godslilgerl
    godslilgerl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I recently got this book from befitmom.com and its all about doing the right exercises for people that have seperated abs from having kids...it got really good reviews and the book says it doesn't matter how post partum you are, your abs can still be fixed. So i was reading it and it all looked so simple that i thought i had just wasted 17 dollars on this book that is wanting me to do way too simple ab exercises; after all i have been working out for like 2 months cardio and weights and doing 120 crunches/leg lifts a day so these simple exercises are so not gonna help...boy was i wrong! i decided to try it anyway and did exactly what the book told me...the first day i think i only did maybe 20 repetitions total which was 2 of the exercises and while they did seem easy at the time i was SO SORE the next day! after only 20 repetitions! Well i am sold...i am going to continue to do the exercises and work my way up through the phases and based on how i felt after that first day i'm convinced it is going to work. I will definately post pics after a couple months so everyone can see the difference
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I recently got this book from befitmom.com and its all about doing the right exercises for people that have seperated abs from having kids...it got really good reviews and the book says it doesn't matter how post partum you are, your abs can still be fixed. So i was reading it and it all looked so simple that i thought i had just wasted 17 dollars on this book that is wanting me to do way too simple ab exercises; after all i have been working out for like 2 months cardio and weights and doing 120 crunches/leg lifts a day so these simple exercises are so not gonna help...boy was i wrong! i decided to try it anyway and did exactly what the book told me...the first day i think i only did maybe 20 repetitions total which was 2 of the exercises and while they did seem easy at the time i was SO SORE the next day! after only 20 repetitions! Well i am sold...i am going to continue to do the exercises and work my way up through the phases and based on how i felt after that first day i'm convinced it is going to work. I will definately post pics after a couple months so everyone can see the difference

What sort of exercises does it say to do?
  • godslilgerl
    godslilgerl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It's not so much the excercises it wants you to do its the very specific way you do them...it teaches you how to stand correctly and how to lay down on the floor correctly...the latter which is needed in order to perform the excercises correctly...its all about pulling your tummy in towards your spine and tilting your pelvis and holding it all while doing them...can't believe how sore i still am.

What sort of exercises does it say to do?
  • Jenny_MSW
    Jenny_MSW Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    After carrying twins, and then about a year later my youngest, my body is far from perfect, it took me awhile to come to terms with the fact that I will never have a perfect bikini body again, but you know what, that's okay.

I found this fabulous poem and wanted to share it <3 it's from this blog...

http://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2012/01/19/stretch-marks-wear-them-with-pride

jpg36-460x287.jpg

the poem up close:

stretch-mark-picture2-463x1024.jpg

Love it- I'm a twin mommy too :)
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm just terrified of the excess skin. With that, I'll never be able to wear tightish clothes. I'll be forever banished to baggy clothes, and that sucks.

There are a lot more options than just tight or just baggy clothes. Go to a store and ask an associate to help you pick out some clothes. Try on clothes you'd never pick out for yourself, you'll probably be surprised. Most stores ARE willing to help you and are pretty knowledgeable about what's fashionable for your body type.
    Also, everyone saying "love your body for what it is" "your kids are worth it" rah rah rah I'm sorry but no. I do not like my body. I never got the chance to ever love my body before pregnancy (got pregnant at 14). And as much as I love my kids, no ruining my body doesn't feel worth it. Even though I would never trade them for my old body

That is really, really sad to read. Maybe you should consider talking to someone about your body image. I'm gonna take a guess that even if you get down to your goal weight/size, you'll still be unhappy about yourself.
    when others have twins, huge babies, & several pregnancies and never get excess skin/stretch marks it makes me SO mad.

Unfortunately, you're just going to have to get over this and move on. It's not worth being mad about, you're really just wasting your time. Instead of worrying/focusing on what other people have, focus on what YOU have and how you can improve YOURSELF.
  • EJsMummy26
    EJsMummy26 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    After carrying twins, and then about a year later my youngest, my body is far from perfect, it took me awhile to come to terms with the fact that I will never have a perfect bikini body again, but you know what, that's okay.

I found this fabulous poem and wanted to share it <3 it's from this blog...

http://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2012/01/19/stretch-marks-wear-them-with-pride

jpg36-460x287.jpg

the poem up close:

stretch-mark-picture2-463x1024.jpg

love this.

Brought tears to my eyes, so very true.
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I cant say it enough... skin tightening wraps. you would be so pleased :)
  • 911chell
    Options
    i should be the poster child for belly pouch and stretch marks.... went from 118lbs to 285 after 2 pregnancies and now back down to 180. All within 12 years. AGGG nothing I do gets rid of the stretch marks and the pouch call me a kangaroo
  • 911chell
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • 911chell
    Options

ok my friend Im sold I will get the book and try it.. If you say it works I am all over it !!! by the way did I mention how awesome you are looking!!
  • rosefan121
    Options
    I wonder if tanning would get rid of the lose skin... doesn't it cause your skin to tighten? My son was a big baby... I gained 73lbs (188) with him and got down to 145 currently. When I first had him I seen my pouch as this... (skip to :55)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5jyNui_IBA
  • Daxgyetmhanaak
    Daxgyetmhanaak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Laser Body Sculpting - check it out! Also I'm thinking you are young enough that once you lose weight your skin should bounce back - maybe not tight as a drum, but should fare pretty well ;)
  • Axiah
    Axiah Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Another good one!
    XpXjJ.jpg
  • emilybeatrice1
    emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i have two childrenm 13 and 11. when my youngest was 2 i decided to have a tummy tuck to remove excess skin and stretch marks. I was very vain. I was also thin. i didnt know how to accept those little imperfections. When my youngest was 4 (just two yrs. after the tummy tuck) i was the victim of a violent crime and i was shot twice in the stomach and in the chest. This was sooo depressing to me and i gained 100 pounds. when i finally came out of my depression i started loosing weight and have a whole knew outlook on life. I also rock the scars...... i have scars all over my stomache and lower abdomen. silly to think i was worried about a little stretch marks and pooch 6 years ago! we are beautiful for everything we have experienced in life! rock those stretch marks.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I've got both. They're still there, they just look better now because the body under the ugly skin is in much better shape.

Then (no pregnant pictures - I was 17 when I got pregnant so people weren't exactly excited about committing that to memory):
    37600_139117492784657_100000592214278_278412_3914396_n.jpg?t=1313509239
    Now:
    017-6.jpg?t=1330218788
  • mommy2two07
    mommy2two07 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    What are skin wraps and compression garments that I saw mentioned ? The stretch marks don't bother me as much as the pouch. My youngest is 4 but my stomach still has the pregnant look. Anybody that would want to friend me and give me any tips/advice i would really appreciate it. Those who have had success with getting your pouch to improve what did you do? How much cardio vs strength training should I do etc ?????
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!