Options

Replies

• AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    5'9"
    c/w 161
    g/w 130
    I've got quite a small frame, wrists are only just 5.5" :-))
    See, I weigh the same as you, but I'm an inch taller and am already PAST my goal weight. Frame size really does matter.
    My wrist is a little over 6.5" but I could have told you I have a large frame even without that.

Everyone is different and no one size or weight fits all.

Yep - I've got about 10lbs to lose until I'll weigh the same as my sister (same height) BUT in order for me to look as totally awesome as she does (damn her!!) I'll need to be about 12lbs lighter than her. Different frames, shapes etc :-))
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and weigh 209. Goal is 180.
  • Mellocare
    Mellocare Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5"8 (haven't actually gotten my exact height within the last two years and I'm only 18 so... it could be different now. Dunno.)
    Right now I weigh 139 and I want to get down to 130 but only if it feels healthy as I get closer. If I start to feel any signs that it's not working out for me I'll reassess and probably just shoot for 135. Almost there either way! :)

Edited to clarify: I have a pretty small frame and a sedentary lifestyle except for the exercise I do specifically for weight loss and fitness. ^^
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I am about 5'10 1/2. My goal weight right now is about 160-165, but we will see once I get there. I am more concerned with the way my body looks and having a healthy body fat %, than I am about the actual number!
  • mvandommelen
    Options
    5'9 almost 5'10, I am 152, came down from 160. I think I could not go below 150, it would be unhealthy. I am an athlete and have a lot of muscle, medium frame.
  • diana_marie8302
    diana_marie8302 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and currently 175. About a year and a half ago, I was at my heaviest of 215 and when I started MFP, I was at 204. My goal is 160 and then from there, we'll see.
  • Sharito1014
    Sharito1014 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im 5'9 and weigh 181. Goal is 150-140.
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and I weigh 163 my goal weight is 150-155. Any thinner is ridiculous. I already look really thin. I'm just trying to get to a racing weight for my triathlons. I see people who are 5'10 putting down 140 and I was that weight once after I dropped weight from a personal hardship and people thought I was anorexic. Just to give you an idea, Cindy Crawford is 5'10" tall and at her model weight where she did run ways (20 years ago) she was at a sickening 135. Think about it...

This is rather judgmental. Who is to say that someone is going to look sickening thin at a low weight? It all depends on your frame. My friend is 6', and she weighs 125 and she is at a perfect weight...but has a tiny frame.

You cannot predict what people are going to look like, as all our bodies differ so much. So while we all may be tall, our weights are going to have a huge range.

omg best response ever and so freaking true. I may be 5'10 and 170- but i have a tiny tiny frame - im talking a 5.5" wrist and a 7" ankle. I could be muscular and fit and healthy @ 140 so easily and I have sooooo much muscle that it would simply be a matter of making sure my body fat was in a healthy % range.

But not everyone is built like you. It also depends on boobage, *kitten* etc...

I agree with you. I'm 5'10" with a 6 inch wrist and tiny ankles as well. I'm 155 right now and feel pretty chubby. I don't look lean until I'm down to around 140. That's just my frame. Its not huge, its just tall! Every one has a different body and no two bodies will ever look the same at the same weight. I've weighed 140 in the past two years and nothing about me looked anorexic! Believe me!
  • urbansmamma
    urbansmamma Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Mine is 5'10" I was 205 and now am 185.8. Looking to be 145.
  • InnerPinup79
    Options
    5'11 and currently 205 lbs. My lowest was 171 lbs three years and everyone I knew was telling me that was too skinny, but I was wearing a size 10 pant and medium top...felt just right to me :) I have a large frame (6.8" wrist) so my goal this time around is 165 lbs. This time I plan on doing strength training with cardio though, so hopefully I'm more successful this time. Joined in Sep '10 but just now getting around to using this site to it's full potential and so far I love it!!

I'm also 5'11", size 16 and 261. I carry a lot of weight in my chest and when I was down to 183 I too was told I was so skinny. Right now my goal is to get under 200 and go from there. It depends on where I lose it this time.
  • Samsara9
    Options
    Would having a 6" wrist be considered large frame? According to the charts it is, but when I weigh anything over 150, I look heavy...so now I don't know? Silly question, I know, but one I would be interested in knowing (based on all of your experience).
  • marlopaterson
    Options
    I'm 5'10. I started at 306 and I'm currently 245.8. GW about 175, give or take - I'll wait and see when I get there if I want to keep going or stop. Congrats to the rest of you on your success!

18198566.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • laurentapia
    laurentapia Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'10"
    SW: 193 lbs
    CW: 175
    GW: 145-150

I have no idea what *frame* I have. :blushing:
  • jsflare
    Options
    I am 5'9''
    SW 222
    CW173
    Original GW 169, but think I might try for 159 now, but not sure!!!!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9", currently 171 lbs, (sw 342) goal weight 145-160........
  • alexcro
    Options
    5'10" and 145 right now. My goal is 140.
  • ksiverts
    ksiverts Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently 176. Goal is 150-155. I have a bigger frame and there was a time that I was in the low 140's, which felt and looked unhealthy for me.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I am about 5'10. I weigh 205 now according to the scale this AM. I think I looked the best at about 175-180. People said I started to look sick and skinny when I weighed less than that. I have a large frame also. My goal size is a size 8-10. I am currently a loose size 14.
  • kaybelmore
    Options
    5'8.5" 121lbs
  • llee1024
    Options
    5' 9"
    SW - 160 (1/1/2012)
    CW - 151
    GW - 140, possibly down to 135 but I would be happy being a toned 140.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!