Who is working to be fit at fourty

Options
My 40th birthday is looming around the corner. 39 this May and by next May... the big 40.

There is something about not being fat at forty. Is there anyone on this same journey with a pretty tight timeline?

Replies

• rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure my name says it all, feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Does it count that I started my fitness journey last year a few months before I turned 40? I decided that I wanted to be Fit and Fabulous at Forty with Four kids.

Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I agree with you both 100%!!!!!!! i wanted to be fit at thirty, but discovered a thyroid problem had to have surgery. Since then been up and down and back around but fighting every step of the way!!! Each time I get a little bit closer to that goal. i am determined to do it by forty!!!!! 2 years away.
  • todaystuesday
    todaystuesday Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yea! Added all of you. I am hoping to stay motivated this time around. I want my 40's to be way better than my 30's. Fit, active and healthy.
  • nicolasara
    Options
    Hi, I was 40 in December and am determined to look fab at 40 and prove us oldies have still got it. Have got about another 14lbs to lose but will get there by summer hopefully :)
    Feel free to add me for support and motivation :) x
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Ill be 34 in May. I want to be healthy before 35. I have 50 pounds left to reach my goal. It is so much harder the older I get. LOL
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yep, i will be 40 this October.... :noway: That is my goal
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I started getting fit at 39 but ruptured my quadriceps tendon in an accident and spent my 40th birthday on crutches!
    So I had to wait until I healed enough to train again. I'm 41 now and not looking back! Good luck!
  • rawheeler38
    Options
    I will be 39 this year, and I truly want to be at my goal weight and healthy by the time I reach 40. I know we can do it :)
  • stacyk9
    stacyk9 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We're pretty close in age. I'm going to be 39 this coming April and 40 next year. GAH!!! My anxiety level goes up everytime I say that number. I, too, want to be healthier at least by the time I'm 40, but hopefully sooner. It's a good goal, though. I have a six year old son to chase after and I'd like to do it without getting winded!
  • rain721
    Options
    I also decided to get fit by my 40th, which is this November! Almost lost 20 lbs so far, about 50+ to go. I've joined a gym and am doing weight lifting and Zumba.
  • roadworthy
    Options
    37 years old and I am committed to being fit in my forties. First I have 80 plus lbs to lose:)
  • kitkatwag
    kitkatwag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 on FRIDAY!!!! EEEEgads...I am totally striving to get myself healthy!. I will be adding more friends I guess. See you all in the posts:)
  • Lori1472
    Lori1472 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's my goal as well! Have until October. Add me as a friend if you'd like - would love the support!

Lori
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I am 39 and will be 40 next Aug. I REFUSE to be FAT at 40. I want to be FAB at 40! Add me if you want and we can kick this FAB at 40 journey into gear!!
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    i am 40 :)
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Actually, went through that last couple of years. I started before i turned 40. I'm going to be 41 this year, but started at 38.

It was tough, but I did it...and now that i'm using MFP...it's making my journey getting into 40 easy as I get ready to hit 41.

Friend me.
  • hunter1025
    hunter1025 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I started at 40. Does that count.
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I began my new lifestyle ON my 40th birthday! I am now 3 weeks short of 41 and lovin it!
  • amfeierabend74
    Options
    I just turned 38 in January and I am bound and determined to fit and fabulous by 40!