"Sons of Anarchy"

Options
13»

Replies

• papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    Since everyone in this thread has great taste, did any of you happen to catch the first (and only :( ) season of Terriers?

several episodes, but not the whole season.
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I just discovered sons of anarchy last week and im totally addicted. I've one episode left of the first series to watch and im on to series number two which I hear is amazing :-)
  • chaubner008
    chaubner008 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oh man I will have to start watching... I saw a clip because one of my patients said I look a bit like one of the characters, some doctor girl...Jax is super sexy, how do u guys watch the older episodes? Hulu or like on demand?
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yup this show kicks *kitten*! I like watching the seasons when they come out on netflix so I can watch em quick!
  • papa3x
    Options
    Oh man I will have to start watching... I saw a clip because one of my patients said I look a bit like one of the characters, some doctor girl...Jax is super sexy, how do u guys watch the older episodes? Hulu or like on demand?

I know they can be seen on Netflix and Amazon streaming.
  • baddbob
    baddbob Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Fables and fairytales. It's an insult to the Biker Community, but I guess the same can be said about most television shows and how they depict things in favor of ratings. I was really hoping they would focus more on the motorcycles, but then again I just love motorcycles. And for those who go around wearing SOA t-shirts, be careful what bars you walk into when wearing them. There are some bikers out there who don't appreciate them as much as others. :-)

Not sure that I can completely agree with you on that. Sure they're fables and fairy tales, if it weren't the viewing audience would be about 250 people - as you said - the same can be said about most television shows. I know a few of local 1%ers who watch the show and enjoy it for what it is, entertainment.
    I think the marketing of the clothing is pretty ridiculous, and I do agree that kids should be careful where they wear those items. I'd say that, but that would be implying that some bikers may be a bit "dangerous".
    I'd like to see them riding on some nice bikes, some real bikes, instead of the cookie cutter Harley's they are on. I mean, I'm a Harley guy thru and thru, but gimme a few shovels to look at, a pan here and there and I'd be in my glory.
    Bottom line it's entertainment. It's a tv show. I personally was far more insulted by the depictions - on both sides of the coin - of the "bikers" in the ridiculous, but entertaining nonetheless movie, "The Wild Hogs".

Now Wild Hogs, I didn't have a problem with. Yes, it depicted both sides on the ridiculous side, but it was billed as a comedy. SOA tries to bill itself as if it is the real life of an MC. I can't count the number of people who kind of dream of living this bad boy lifestyle in their fantasies. Sort of like the Sopranos. I just don't like people walking away thinking this is the way the MC's really operate.

...and I agree....I want to see more bikes.
  • Rokwell
    Rokwell Posts: 143
    Options
    good show
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Fables and fairytales. It's an insult to the Biker Community, but I guess the same can be said about most television shows and how they depict things in favor of ratings. I was really hoping they would focus more on the motorcycles, but then again I just love motorcycles. And for those who go around wearing SOA t-shirts, be careful what bars you walk into when wearing them. There are some bikers out there who don't appreciate them as much as others. :-)

Not sure that I can completely agree with you on that. Sure they're fables and fairy tales, if it weren't the viewing audience would be about 250 people - as you said - the same can be said about most television shows. I know a few of local 1%ers who watch the show and enjoy it for what it is, entertainment.
    I think the marketing of the clothing is pretty ridiculous, and I do agree that kids should be careful where they wear those items. I'd say that, but that would be implying that some bikers may be a bit "dangerous".
    I'd like to see them riding on some nice bikes, some real bikes, instead of the cookie cutter Harley's they are on. I mean, I'm a Harley guy thru and thru, but gimme a few shovels to look at, a pan here and there and I'd be in my glory.
    Bottom line it's entertainment. It's a tv show. I personally was far more insulted by the depictions - on both sides of the coin - of the "bikers" in the ridiculous, but entertaining nonetheless movie, "The Wild Hogs".

Now Wild Hogs, I didn't have a problem with. Yes, it depicted both sides on the ridiculous side, but it was billed as a comedy. SOA tries to bill itself as if it is the real life of an MC. I can't count the number of people who kind of dream of living this bad boy lifestyle in their fantasies. Sort of like the Sopranos. I just don't like people walking away thinking this is the way the MC's really operate.

...and I agree....I want to see more bikes.

Honestly, I like the show, but SOA seems to me to be somewhat of a "night time V-twin soap opera". LOL.
  • papa3x
    Options
    Wow, who knew you couldn't trust the IRA? I'm now 1/2way through season 3 and it's getting too nutty.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Love this show, have watched every single episode since it first started
  • papa3x
    Options
    bah.... I need to find out where I can see season 4.
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Great show and Jax wow
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Just started watching a few weeks ago & have now ran through the first 3 seasons. I can't wait till season 4 gets released on DVD:laugh:
  • GabeRami
    GabeRami Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I been watching this show since day 1, it's fantastic! Can't wait to see the new season.
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    i got hooked on on second season. Had to get the first season in DVD and did little marathon :laugh:
    I'm little behind, but catching on.

Btw, have you noticed that there is a group called SOA fans here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/429-soa-fans
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who likes Juice;) haha

This last story line turned me off him a little bit but before that he was my favorite.

He was just in an episode of Alcatraz.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Since everyone in this thread has great taste, did any of you happen to catch the first (and only :( ) season of Terriers?

I was disappointed when they cancelled it.