Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Any light cheesecake recipes??

I love cheesecake...looking for some low-cal recipes? Anyone?

Replies

• kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    I'm sure it exists... but I have no idea. Google, maybe? I usually go to allrecipes.com for new recipe searches, but I haven't made cheesecake in so long I'm clueless.

Looking forward to see if anyone replies!
  • soifua
    soifua Posts: 82
    I have not made this, but a friend did and she really liked this recipe

http://www.smartswaprecipes.com/recipes/recipe.aspx?name=creamy-yogurt-cheese-cake

I figure a greek yogurt based cheesecake can't be all bad, right?
  • Schuyler
    Schuyler Posts: 78 Member
    I made a pumpkin cheesecake the other day. Pumpkin, cream cheese (reduced fat), plain greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla and splenda. If you don't make a crust it'll cut down on the calories a lot. Also, I cooked mine in a muffin pan to help with portion control.
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    It's not exactly cheesecake, but a nice snacky alternative to cheesecake is this: take a graham cracker, break in half. Add a dollop of cheesecake pudding. Top with fresh fruit. It's quite tasty!
  • I want to try these out :)

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/04/no-bake-cheesecake.html
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/strawberry-swirl-cheesecake.html

Strawberry one looks absolutely delicious !!! and the SkinnyTaste website has some really good recipes for future reference. :happy:
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Something that I do that isn't exactly cheesecake but a very good alternative is ...

Plain greek yogurt -small container, the ones that are about 100 calories and prob. around 5-6 oz.(I like chobani brand)
    1 packet of splenda or sweetener of choice
    sugar free/fat free cheesecake flavored instant jello pudding powder

mix well together and then let it set up in the fridge for an hour or two and it has a taste and consistency similar to cheesecake and it's quick and easy. Like I said, not the same but it helps kill the cheesecake craving

Oh yeah, and I top mine with sugar free cherry pie filling (only 35 calories in a quarter cup-and it takes less than that) so it tastes like cherry cheesecake. You can use frozen mixed berries too...also good!
  • skinnytaste.com

No-Bake Cheesecake
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 8 • Size: 1 piece • Calories: 239 • Old Points: 5.25 pts • Points+: 6 pts

8 oz Cool Whip Free
    8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
    9 inch reduced fat Graham Cracker Crust
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 tsp lemon juice
    In a large bowl, whip cream cheese, lemon and sugar for a few minutes until fluffy. Add Cool Whip and whip until smooth. Spoon mixture into pie crust and chill for a few hours, until firm.

And if you switch your sugar to a much healthier one, then thats even LESS calories :)
  • I've made these with low fat sour cream and low fat cream cheese - For the base I used lemon iced cookies instead of shortbread - They were freaking delicious ;)~
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvFP3kuaKmU
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    here is one I found-

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Light-Cheesecake

12 Servings

Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 70 min. + cooling

15 70 85
    Ingredients

1-1/4 cups crushed reduced-fat vanilla wafers (about 40 wafers)
    2 tablespoons butter, melted
    1 teaspoon plus 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
    2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
    1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
    2 eggs, lightly beaten
    2 egg whites
    1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 cup sliced fresh strawberries

Directions

In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs, butter and 1 teaspoon sugar. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
    In a large bowl, beat the reduced-fat and fat-free cream cheese, and cornstarch until smooth. Add eggs and egg whites; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the sour cream and extract. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
    Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with strawberries. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    8 oz Cool Whip Free
    8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
    9 inch reduced fat Graham Cracker Crust
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 tsp lemon juice
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    thanks everyone!! can't wait to try out some recipes!
  • Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    awesome..and no bake,even more awesome,thnx
  • lissrn
    lissrn Posts: 60 Member
    Cheesecake is my fav! Thanks for some recipe ideas!
  • KateB1982
    KateB1982 Posts: 107 Member
    Bump!