RED HIGH HEELS GROUP

Options
Ok anyone up for some competetion?? I am starting this group in hopes of everyone sticking to it and loosing weight!! So first and foremost my name is Jessica..I have been up and down the roller coaster for about 5 years now..And like most of us, I AM SICK OF BEING FAT!!:grumble: So here is how our challenge will work.

Post your start weight, current weight, goal weight, and goal for challenge..We will weigh in every wednesday, so post that today..We will also do daily ,mini challenges..Please add some so I can write them down and add them to our challenges..Every once in a while I will choose one person in the group to tell their diet and weightloss journey. We will not do any mini challenges today b/c i want to collect yalls so i can organize them..Our end date will be October 31 Halloween! I dunno about yall but i wanna wear one of thhose skimpy costumes!! LOL..Advice and suggestions are welcome and appreciated!! GOOD LUCK!!:drinker:

Replies

• freezeframe
    freezeframe Posts: 184
    Options
    Count me in,

My name is Leanne I am 38

SW 238
    Today 193.4
    GW 159

End of challenge weigh goal 10/31/09 To reach my goal of 159, so 34.4, we'll see how that goes!!!

And Halloween was my mom's birthday so if I can make my goal on her birthday that would be very cool!!!
  • tommygirl3678
    tommygirl3678 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great idea because a competition is the best way to motivate people, I know that it is for me so count me in too!!

My name is Shawna and I am 27 years old.

Starting Weight: 235lbs
    Today: 201 lbs
    Goal Weight: 150 lbs

I don't think that 150 lbs is realistic for the end of the challenge but I would like to lose at least 30 lbs by Halloween.

Good luck everyone!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I'm in - hopefully by October I'll hit my goal weight!

SW 239
    Today 165.4
    GW 149
  • buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    Sounds good Leeann!! Got any suggestions on the mini challenges??

MY WEIGHT

sw-167
    cw-154
    gw-140
  • buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    Alright guys!! Im gonna allow room for 20 members, cause that is all i can really handle!! lol..Tonight after we get all of our members I will post a list of everyones weight and goals..Good Luck Guys!! Oh and tomorrow we will start our first mini challenge..NO SWEETS!! so eat up tonight!! Lowfat of course!! lol..Like yogurt fruits and stuff like that! And i also need yalls suggestions on different mini challenges..
  • freezeframe
    freezeframe Posts: 184
    Options
    veggie challenges, I am not a huge fan of veggie, but if it is a challenge I will eat them!!

5 extra min of cardio added on to your regular workout

Water challenges are always good especially in the summer

We could have a recipe exchange one day, we are always looking for something new to try

Just a few thoughts
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    veggies are a tough one for me too - I eat plenty of fruits.

Now by no sweets I realize that the iced mocha I am drinking now falls into that category but are you saying no fruit or yogurt??
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    I am down for that

My name is Ginny, I am 27...

SW 159
    CW 154
    GW 145
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. I was thinking the same thing about wearing a sexy costume on Halloween!

SW: 215
    CW:165
    GW:150

I'd really like to be at my goal weight by Halloween but I'm not sure if I can keep losing 1 lb a week when I'm in my healthy weight range. I'm sure going to try though!
  • almond13
    almond13 Posts: 77
    Options
    Hi Girls!!! I am new to MFP... and this group would really help me drop the last 20 - 25 lbs... My name is Em, and I am 23 :bigsmile:

SW: 160
    CW: 147
    GW: 125
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! Hope there's still room for me :smile: My name's Kaitie, I'm 22, and I've been dying to dress up as a "Jerry Springer Contestant" for awhile now :laugh: I need to change up my routines to shed these last 10 lbs and start toning :tongue:

SW:143
    CW:130
    GW:120
  • almond13
    almond13 Posts: 77
    Options
    in terms of the mini challenges..... WATER would be a good one... I have trouble getting enough in this time of year :drinker:
  • sarahkatie28
    Options
    I'm in too! Sounds awesome!

Start: 153
    Today: 150
    Goal: 120

I can do 30 pounds!
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options
    I love high heels... the higher the better and sexy Halloween costumes... Pick me pick me!!

Age 41

SW 212lbs
    SW when joining MFP 190lbs
    CW 176lbs
    GW 160lbs (puts me in healthy weight range - 150lbs would be great if I didn't have to lose the girls to reach it)
    I joined the summer challenge group two weeks ago which was very late in their game as they had been going since early June I believe but this one is RIGHT up my alley. So again Pick me Pick me!!

:flowerforyou:
  • K8losesW8
    K8losesW8 Posts: 12
    Options
    Is there room for me in this group?

I'm 22 and live in Austin, TX. I travel for work so it can be challenging at times, but right now I'm staffed in Austin. I graduated this past December and have been trying to get back to where I was in high school. I have only now really been able to admit to myself how out of shape I had gotten. My bad habits are eating out too often and indulging in alcohol or chocolate. I want to be social and am trying to find new ways to do that other than eating and drinking.

My high school weight was 150, but I'd like to be at 160 by end of October. That would be amazing.

SW: 195
    CW: 184
    GW: 160
  • s_sanchez
    s_sanchez Posts: 96
    Options
    I'd like to join if there's still room. My name is Stephanie and I'd LOVE to be at my goal weight by Halloween :smile:

SW 130
    CW 125.5
    GW 115
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    I'd like to join if there's still room on here :)
    Starting weight: 143lbs
    Weight right now: 131lbs
    Goal weight 110lbs
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Dang computer cut me offline when I was suggesting some challenges!! :grumble:

I really like Shape magazine's workouts...especially the cardio and circuit courses. Perhaps we could post them occasionally and everyone does that workout one or two days.

Water and veggie/fruit challenges are awesome!! I would love to do veggie/fruit challenges, I really need some help and motivation there sometimes!

Burn an extra 100 calories every workout one week, or add 5-10 minutes to a workout as previously mentioned!

Try a workout you've never tried before...i.e., pilates, Zumba, kickboxing, etc.

That's all I have for now :smile:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    How about walking/jogging an extra mile for a week?
    or doing core work outs for one week then lower body work outs another week ...because muscle burns more cals than fat :) so the more muscle the more cals burned
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I'm in if there is room!

I'm in a challenge to lose 20 by Aug 31st so this will keep me going for another couple of months :bigsmile:

SW: 193
    CW: 177
    GW: 135

Goal by October 31st : 155 :noway: