Grr what next

Options
So I have been stuck at 141 (140.5 right now) for like a year!!! I haven't worked out today because I am sick but I have worked out every day for the past two months and before that three times a week. I am eating all my calories (most days)...what do I do from here?
For the next three weeks my work out plan
MWF run 45 min, body rock, yoga
T/TH body rock, yoga, Pilates
S/Sun off

What should I do?

Replies

• seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    What is body rock? Is that cardio or strength training?
    How many calories are you eating per day?
    How tall are you?
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I feel you're kind of kidding yourself to include your cleaning in your exercise diary. try excluding that and upping your weight lifting routine.

also, I don't know what your MFP goals are set to, but try setting your goal to either 0 or .5 lbs/week, up your calories, couple that with the aforementioned lifting and you should start to see some results
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It seems like you are eating a crazy-lot of carbs and not enough protein. I understand the whole "calorie is a calorie" argument, but improper nutrition makes our bodies dysfunctional.
  • jellebeandesigns
    jellebeandesigns Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I clean for about 2 hours a day (picking up after kids/up & down stairs with laundry and chasing the kids) its set for 1.5 pounds a week
    Body rock is a fast HIIT challenge
    MWF I eat 1800 calories
    T/Th 1400
    S/sun 1210
    I'm 5'2
  • jellebeandesigns
    Options
    Protein is a challenge for me because I am a vegetarian and don't do a lot of eggs because my younger son is allergic
  • sativo8339
    sativo8339 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Your diary over the last week or so can be heavy on the carbs and processed foods. Most of your protein is from dairy too which brings in the saturated fat. Try eating more raw/unprocessed foods and adding more protein from other low fat sources (beans, chicken, etc..) Your body just seems to be making do with what it has and appears to be "comfortable" with what you are giving it and how you are working out. Try doing some different excercises and getting that protein from non dairy sources for a week..
  • kealambert
    Options
    I clean for about 2 hours a day (picking up after kids/up & down stairs with laundry and chasing the kids) its set for 1.5 pounds a week
    MWF I eat 1800 calories
    T/Th 1400
    S/sun 1210
    I'm 5'2

adjust your lifestyle to moderately active, and don't include those activities in your workout journal

set your weight loss to perhaps 1 lb/week or .5 per week

eat consistently throughout the week. your body has no idea what 'sunday' is vs 'thursday,' etc
  • zasiiniya
    zasiiniya Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Is your water accurate? You drink no water?
  • kealambert
    Options
    Protein is a challenge for me because I am a vegetarian and don't do a lot of eggs because my younger son is allergic

beans nuts and tofu!
  • sativo8339
    sativo8339 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Beans are a great vegetarian way to get protein. They are loaded with fiber too! Black beans are my favorite.. they taste great and are some of the best for packing in protein and nutrients.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    The cleaning probably has no effect - it's something you do all the time, so it's part of what your body considers normal.

Personal suggestions for you, you can take it or leave it. Also 5'2" and WAS 140 lb a few years ago...

Increase your calories by a couple hundred a day - that's not a lot, just a sandwich, or a piece of fruit and glass of milk! - including your rest days. When I was holding at 135-140, I was eating around 1500/day all the time.

Once every couple of weeks take one of your rest days and make it a treat day with a nice meal that you wouldn't normally have.

Definitely increase your protein - try for minimum 70g per day. Greek yogurt is a good source, nuts, peanut butter, steel cut oats, whole grain tortillas, sprouted-grain bread.... And clean up your carb choices to include more veggies and whole grains and less snacks. Have you read any of the "Clean Eating" books? I don't agree with everything in them, but they do have some good advice about diet choices.

And try incorporating some heavier lifting a couple of days a week - it creates some awesome results on the measuring tape!! :smile:
  • zasiiniya
    zasiiniya Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    What's your activity level set at? If it's "sedentary" then count the cleaning/sex you've been counting; if it's active or lightly active, then I'd say don't count them - it'd already be figured in.
  • jellebeandesigns
    Options
    I don't eat tofu, I live an active lifestyle though, so even though I do I should still put it on moderate? I am always running after the kids/dog at the park etc. I will cut dairy for the next week. This is a new routine (one week in)
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    MWF I eat 1800 calories
    T/Th 1400
    S/sun 1210
    I'm 5'2

I am 5'2" and weigh just slightly less than you. I cannot imagine eating 1800 calories. I think that's way too much.
  • laton008
    Options
    This ia just some information I learned from WW almost 2 years ago. When you are at a stand still look at your total protien intake. Some times, you need to just eat a little more protien.
  • jellebeandesigns
    Options
    So do I but that's what MFP says to eat
  • kealambert
    Options
    I don't eat tofu, I live an active lifestyle though, so even though I do I should still put it on moderate? I am always running after the kids/dog at the park etc. I will cut dairy for the next week. This is a new routine (one week in)

put it for as active as your lifestyle is, just don't add activities that are already preincluded in that to your diary, as you're doubling the input, essentially
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    MWF I eat 1800 calories
    T/Th 1400
    S/sun 1210
    I'm 5'2

adjust your lifestyle to moderately active, and don't include those activities in your workout journal

set your weight loss to perhaps 1 lb/week or .5 per week

eat consistently throughout the week. your body has no idea what 'sunday' is vs 'thursday,' etc

I agree with both of Kealambert's posts... take cleaning out of your exercise calories.. I too am a busy mom.. I take care of 5 kids ( 2 are mine) I do at home daycare though so I am very busy.. but it is a daily activity and should not be counted as exercise. as for getting more protein.. beans, nuts cottage cheese, string cheese, peanut butter.. these are all good sources.. also bocca burgers are AMAZING!!! I eat the vegan ones :-) good luck!
  • liljoli
    liljoli Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    hmm try a new and different work out routine. I am trying the 30 day shred and it's only 20 min a day but is killling me and I thought I was in decent shape from working out most every day since December. But it is really kicking my butt! good luck hope you read something that helps!
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options

put it for as active as your lifestyle is, just don't add activities that are already preincluded in that to your diary, as you're doubling the input, essentially

^ This ^