Who is working to be fit at fourty

Options

Replies

• tamaranewman
    tamaranewman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It is wonderful and commendable that you want to get fit at any age. Coming from the advanced (!) age of 52, please remember that 40 is only a number. A goal is a necessary thing to work toward but sometimes I think we concentrate so much on the "event" that we set ourselves up for failure. I don't mean to put a damper on your efforts; perhaps it was inappropriate for me to respond to this topic. Best of luck to you all at any age! :-)
  • yclayton
    Options
    good luck kids! i wasn't too bad at 40...now 55 and YIKES!
  • yclayton
    Options
    i don't think inappropriate at all....something we ALL need to remember at ALL ages!
  • yclayton
    Options
    It is wonderful and commendable that you want to get fit at any age. Coming from the advanced (!) age of 52, please remember that 40 is only a number. A goal is a necessary thing to work toward but sometimes I think we concentrate so much on the "event" that we set ourselves up for failure. I don't mean to put a damper on your efforts; perhaps it was inappropriate for me to respond to this topic. Best of luck to you all at any age! :-)

something we all need to remember at ALL ages!
  • Stacy121
    Stacy121 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 last November. I didn't hit my goal but started doing lots of exercise and eating more clean foods. I'm motiviated to drop some pounds before swimsuit season hits this year. Please feel free to add me.
  • ocrere
    ocrere Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    41.....42 IN MAY!!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in June. I'm looking forward to being the youngest in my age group in races instead of the oldest.
  • bluemixer
    Options
    Hi I will be 39 in March. I defintely want to be fit and trim before forty. Its hard to count calories and I don't know what to eat. Trying to eat healthier. My family don't like most food so its hard to keep everybody happy. Add me if you like.
  • crazcampers
    Options
    I'll be 40 in September, please add me too! I definitely need all the support and encouragement I can get!
  • teamquorn
    teamquorn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had my 39th birthday last week and am suffering with high blood pressure. Swimming, walking and new diet starts this week!
  • tbrewst
    tbrewst Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    ME! I turn 40 this July and was hard core trying to get fit before then. I have been sidelined for the past month as I recover from knee surgery but am getting back in the swing of things....
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am working to be 40 again!!!...I am 42...I hope its not too late!

smiley-happy110.gif
  • KCalmeyn
    KCalmeyn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    For me age is only a number, however, I will be 41 in May. Although I am probablly less fit & healthy than I was when I was younger. I actually feel younger now. than I did when I was in my 30's Since I am not getting any younger and I am at high risk for diabetes, I decided to get healthy!. Having a nice, lean, toned body is an added bonus. :happy:
  • tanyarena
    Options
    Just turned fourty this month, mindset.....an awkward teenager, not young but not old. But my body feels 80 :( i need to change. I have 2 grandkids 5yr & 1 yr and another's on the way in August, want to get fit for myself and them. I think friends could really help keep me on track.
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to stay motivated this time around. I want my 40's to be way better than my 30's. Fit, active and healthy.

^^^This is me... all the way...
  • Lyrinosis
    Options
    I am 4 months away from 40 and I am committed to being fit and healthy. I have joined Tough Mudder and work out 6 times a week... I need to loose 60 lbs... wish me luck!
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    My 40th birthday is looming around the corner. 39 this May and by next May... the big 40.

There is something about not being fat at forty. Is there anyone on this same journey with a pretty tight timeline?

I'm not pushing 40....I'm dragging it! :)

Turning 41 this year and started this lifestyle change right after I hit 40, last August.
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    Great, I am working to be fit at 70. Age is all in our head. We can look good fell good and be fit at any age.:-)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I'll be 39 in June. I'm using 40 as a major motivation, but I have been mourning the loss of my 20s and 30s a lot lately. I wouldn't feel so bad if I had filled those two decades with wonderful memories and adventures, but the weight has held me back from really living. Here's to making our 40s the best decade of our lives (so far)!
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that WOW!! This is the best looking group of 40's I have ever seen! You all are fabulous and not one of you looks 40!