cucumber feta dip

Options
bobie1978
bobie1978 Posts: 204 Member
Thought I would share!

2cups plain fat free greek yogurt, 1 med cucumber, 1 cup feta, 2tbs minced onion, 2 garlic cloves, minced, 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 1tsp dried oregano. 1/4 of a cup is. 85 cal, 4 g fat, 2 sat fat, 10 protein, 4 carbs, 1 fiber.. (also on the chaboni greek yogurt container). I'm sure you can take out more feta to make less calories/fat.

Replies

• vmassey88
    Options
    Thought I would share!

2cups plain fat free greek yogurt, 1 med cucumber, 1 cup feta, 2tbs minced onion, 2 garlic cloves, minced, 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 1tsp dried oregano. 1/4 of a cup is. 85 cal, 4 g fat, 2 sat fat, 10 protein, 4 carbs, 1 fiber.. (also on the chaboni greek yogurt container). I'm sure you can take out more feta to make less calories/fat.

yummy!!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Do you just stir it up or do you blend it so the feta isn't chunky? I always keep fat-free feta in the house, wonder if it would be good with that, less calories..... Hmmmm... Thanks for sharing!
  • bobie1978
    Options
    Do you just stir it up or do you blend it so the feta isn't chunky? I always keep fat-free feta in the house, wonder if it would be good with that, less calories..... Hmmmm... Thanks for sharing!

I just stir it and use the crumbled feta! If the fat free feta is good I'm sure it will taste the good too :)
  • nessafly
    Options
    Will try, Thank you!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • carlyholly
    Options
    Bump!
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    bump
  • i2achael
    Options
    bump
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Thought I would share!

Would you mind if I added this to my recipe Group? The Cook
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3700-the-cook
    Thecook3.jpg

Please join us! Great place to keep our recipes organized!
  • cboelens
    cboelens Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, feta cheese. Just get me a spoon.
  • bobie1978
    Options
    Would you mind if I added this to my recipe Group? The Cook

not at all!
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    bump
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    2cups plain fat free greek yogurt, 1 med cucumber, 1 cup feta, 2tbs minced onion, 2 garlic cloves, minced, 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 1tsp dried oregano.

sounds like an awesome sandwich spread!
  • NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am going to try this!

I dont have fresh garlic cloves.. but I have one of the little jars of garlic ( I am new to cooking so I do not know the proper terms). How much of this garlic would I use?
  • NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I just made this and im so excited to have it as a snack with carrots and cucumbers later!! :)