bump
  • sisswright
    sisswright Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    wow, I see your frustration... venting is good for the soul
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I think maybe she was taking the tough love approach? But ,I would never go there with another person because we are all entitled to having low days where we feel like **** and want to say **** it! I hope your day goes better chick and just let it roll off your shoulders,it's not worth your energy or time.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I think that is a supportive message, personally.
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    seem harsh, but I dont know all the facts, are you a winer/moaner on your updates on here? and thats why they sent you that? did they offer a lot of support and tips?
  • DENISESCHRADE
    Options
    Now that is a REAL friend - you should be happy someone can be so honest with you.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    well you have 2 choices, be pissed off at the audacity of this person or appreciate the "support" and move on.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    *delete*
    Now that is a REAL friend - you should be happy someone can be so honest with you.
    And no That's not a real friend. We are here to encourage, not to tear down becuase someone has a less than chipper attitude. We are human, and we all have lives beyond this site. Sometimes it gets in the way and clouds our emotions.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    i actually think its a very supportive message. One that was private also I might add, so not really fair to broadcast it when this person clearly genuinely wants to help you.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I couldn't read it all...it bored me. Some people believe in tough love. But unless you and I are really good freinds you shouldn't speak to me like that. Just delete them and move on....
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm really confused as to why you posted this, and whether or not it was a good thing or a bad thing in your eyes.....Did you delete her or are you just going to wait for her to see this and delete you?
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    I think it was great advice and came from a supportive place in that friends heart.
    I am a faithful watcher of The Biggest Loser and those words are no different than any trainer on the show, has muttered over and over. Sometimes it just needs to be said. If the person who sent you that is reading this FRIEND ME! I :heart: Your Advice!
    OP: Good Luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I think you should clarify your opinion of support.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I look at it differently. Its more like tough love. You have someone who you never met before that cares about you and is actually taking time to help you out. Yeah there will be times we hear things that we do not want to hear but sometimes we need someone to talk to us like that to say....you know what? I can do this! I can stop making excuses! I Am great and I will get healthy no matter what.

I think too many of us are brought up to say....oh its ok because I have this going on instead of saying you know what. Im not going to let this be an obstacle in my life. Its a hurdle I can overcome and when I do im going to be great. We all have issues in our lives. The ones that succeed are the ones that take a breather....realize the situation and finds the solution and handles their business.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I do think its supportive...sometimes you need those to commiserate with you..and others to give you a quick kick in the *kitten*...We all have a sprinkling of both in our friends list...And I do think for newbies..its important for friends to support you with encouragement as well as tell you get stop moaning and go move...
  • sweetrice12
    sweetrice12 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

agreed
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    I don't know about you but I think she's being pretty supportive. I would most likely thank that person for sending me that message. I'd want more people like her around. I rather someone be harsh and to the point with me, than sugar coating things. I don't think she meant any harm by it. On the contrary, she seems like she wants what's best for you. And nowadays, it's hard to find people like that.
  • ceejay3101
    ceejay3101 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It appears to me this was meant to be in a good sense, we cant see what it is in answer to, e.g what your comment was that she replied to. So no one can judge what she says, tough love, maybe even good advice meant to motivate you? Its hard to tell not knowing both sides of the story.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Great Advice...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have to assume that even if you aren't saying what's going on in your life, you're writing SOMETHING on your profile that prompted your friend to write that.

It reads to me as someone who cares about your success who's trying to get through to you. I don't see anything wrong with it at all unless it just came totally out of left field. But it sure sounds like your friend is reacting to something you're putting "out there."
This discussion has been closed.