Who is working to be fit at fourty

Options

Replies

• achief192
    Options
    39 in November 2012 and 40 the following year. I will turn 40 in the best shape of my life!!
  • eljulia
    Options
    Well, i missed "fit by forty" and "fabulous by fifty", so i'm working toward "sexy by sixty." LOL!

You all have the right idea, the sooner the better to be getting all this nonsense under control. i've had issues that have gotten in the way of getting this show on the road, but MFP is the thing that has FINALLY given me the help i need to support the changes i'm trying to make!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 but it's my dream to be fit by 43.
  • sezziejm
    sezziejm Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Me..i'll also be 39 this may & 40 next yr....still got 95lb to lose!!
  • KXanthos
    KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    42 here! I'd love to hit my goal weight by 43 which gives me 291 days to get there.

It would be great to give and get support from people in the same boat, so please feel free to send me an add request! :-)
  • suzi38
    suzi38 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me 2! Mine big one is in August. I want to wear a gorgeous outfit, that shows off my slim body. I ont want to be fat & frumpy at forty.
    I have got 23 pounds 2 lose. It is coming off, but in 8 weeks i'v lost 8 pounds, at this rate i will be get there but not reach target until the week of my birthday!
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    yep!!! im 40 in july 2014 and the plan is to look way better than i did in my 30's!!!
  • Jenny111372
    Jenny111372 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Funny I just come across this thread when I was just talking with my hubby about meeting my first goal of 140 pounds by our June vacation and I had decided that I was gonna push myself a little more and try to meet a goal of 130 by my 40th birthday in Nov! I'm 5'2" and a half..yes, I count that half..LOL..and my SW was 163.4 and I'm currently 153.4 so I'm slowly but surely getting there! I started about 6 weeks ago to give me enough time to meet the 140 goal by mid June..fingers crossed I can do it! :)
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to stay motivated this time around. I want my 40's to be way better than my 30's. Fit, active and healthy.

^^^This is me... all the way...

me too!!!!
  • chickie63
    Options
    lol, I'm working to be fit at 48, better late than never
  • razorbecky
    Options
    I just turned 40 last month and Im on my way to fit and fab at 40 (or 41) lol
  • Elaine_perez
    Options
    I'll be turning 40 in 5 weeks, and I'm determined to look great. I also just started a 90 day challenge and I'm excited about that as well. Today was the first day I started using these products that actually tastes incredibly good and it keeps you full until your next meal. Looking forward to my new 20's! Good luck everyone :)
  • mfagan5
    mfagan5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well my first post - it's really inspiring to read everyones story, I so appreciate it. I missed fit at fourty but I'm going to fabulous and fit at 50 : ) I have 11 more months to reach my goal. I want to do 1 pound a week for 52 weeks. I've finally realized saying losing 50 pounds sounds so hard - but one pound a week that is doable. We all know how fast 1 year goes by. Good luck and friend me if you like, don't have any friends here yet but I'm hopeful. All the best.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be in shape at 30 and wasn't (I had just had my 2nd baby) and then I wanted to be in shape at 40 and wasn't because of my divorce (I'm an emotional eater) so my goal now is just in shape and any age!!!!
  • KCalmeyn
    KCalmeyn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that WOW!! This is the best looking group of 40's I have ever seen! You all are fabulous and not one of you looks 40!

Thank YOU!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Started this journey at 39...... been working very hard the last 32 months and will be celebrating my 42 birthday in June at a weight small than what i weighed when I graduate high school... Love it!!
  • acschnabel
    Options
    Started working hard at it a couple of months ago. Currently reached my "first" goal, a goal that I've had for YEARS! I'm 38 now, less than I weighed when graduating HS and less than i weighed in the Military 14 yrs ago. Running my first 10k in May, and probably 1/2 M in November. Good luck to you!
  • paulbryant4369
    Options
    im 43
  • todaystuesday
    todaystuesday Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't feel so alone now at all. Let's make our 40's great!

Here is a question :

Name one thing you want to do in your 40s (or I see one 50) that you were not fit enough to do in your 30s....
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I will be 39 in April