daily weigh ins v weekly weigh ins

Options
what do you do and why ?

Replies

• Thanis90
    Thanis90 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Weekly, because your weight fluctuates throughout the week due to water weight. Also, you could find one day you've lost a pound, and the next day you've put on two. It can leave you feeling disappointed and put you off. But that's just me!
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Weekly, maybe even every other week since my deficit is so small that I can't usually see a change in a week. My weight could fluctuate up to 5 pounds in a day, not useful information to weigh daily.
  • CatoftheCanals_
    Options
    The water weight thing has me really frustrated, so I am going to start weighing weekly... I get tempted to weigh daily, but need to not become obsessed with it. That is a way that you can become to focused on the number and not the goal, which is to be healthy. I went from 156.0 to 159.8 in one day and that was after an hour and a half of tennis and sticking really well to my calories, so I was really frustrated and ready to give up, so now, I am only going to weigh once a week, the same day and time.
  • sporadica
    Options
    I know that I get obsessive about it, so now I don't have a scale at all... if I want to weigh myself then I go visit a friend who has a scale in their bathroom :)
  • CatoftheCanals_
    Options
    That is a really good idea!! I already find myself going to the scale every time I step into my bathroom.
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That is a really good idea!! I already find myself going to the scale every time I step into my bathroom.

I keep my scale in the guest bathroom, so I'm not tempted to check on myself every time I'm in my own. Works pretty well for me!
  • mollyt1169
    mollyt1169 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm horrible. I weigh in daily and it is frustrating. Maybe its time to hide the scale!
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I weigh in weekly. I think if I weighed in everyday I may get too discouraged.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Weekly... I usually do a check in mid week, but I learned not to do it daily becuase it does fluctuate SO much....
  • LolaGotThin
    LolaGotThin Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Weekly and at my gym. I don't have a scale at home because I know I'd be on it everyday and I'd probably be disappointed. If for some reason I feel like I've done a really great job and feel like I might have lost another pound or whatever, I'll weigh myself again. So two times a week, tops.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Used to be several times a day. But now I do it Monday mornings.
  • HannahMargrethe
    Options
    I usually weigh in one time per month. :)
  • heidithebee
    Options
    I weight myself in daily, but it's really not something that gets to me. I like to see how workouts, my eating, and other factors contribute as a whole to fluctuations in my weight. I only record when I'm a certain weight for a few consecutive days.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. It does not upset me or anything. If I'm up, I cut back on carbs for the day. I'
    m maintaining a 200 pound loss so I must stay on top of it or I will gain it all back!!
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I do daily weigh ins and then average them to see my real weight loss. I also look at monthly trends.

I <3 excel.... 'nuff said
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Daily, because it is what keeps ME accountable. This topic can be "cussed and discussed" from now until eternity, but it all boils down to personal preference.
    Kaye
  • k_sharp
    k_sharp Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    To keep myself from weighing in everyday I put my scale up. I put it up on a high shelf that I actully have to work to get it out. it works for me but right now I am weighing in three times a weeks but only because I'm doing a program that I have to go in to a office and weight in three times a week. The only time I ever gain is if I eat beef for dinner the nit before I weight in.
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself most days, I find it's a good indicator of whether I've overdone the salt for example and whether any particular food/lifestyle combo is good or bad eg eating late :O( You could say it's obvious, but I find it helpful, it keeps me "in the zone" knowing the scales are not going to lie to me the next morning! I only log my weight about once a week though, aiming for same day wherever possible.
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I try and log weekly, but I weigh in every few days just to see how I'm doing.
  • marybell82
    marybell82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, it helps me keep track of how poorly i did the day before, i understand our weight does fluctuate with water and other factors, but if i notice ive gained a pound or two i try to start my morning eating way healthy and just watch what i eat throughout the day... if i notice ive lost weight i continue with the routine i have going for myself. weekly would be nice but if im not on myself about it on a daily basis i tend to cheat and slack off.