For someone who hates to exercise does it ever get better?

Options
2»

Replies

• XoSaraoX
    XoSaraoX Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    when i first started i HATED it, now i love it, i think once you start to see huge results thats when i started to like it more.. i love the feeling i get once i have a good workout.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I hated getting off the couch at all when I first started, now I like to get in 30-90 minutes of exercise per day and love that my body is able to do things I couldn't make it do before. Yes, it totally gets better. :-)
  • TMCELHERON
    Options
    I agree wholeheartedly..it has to be something you consder 'fun' or it won't last. I play in adult league dodgeball of all things and it's a great workout and SO much fun :)
  • KW9878
    Options
    This might sound dumb, but have you tried finding some cute workout clothes? For some reason, as I have started working out more (running and excercise), I want to treat myself to new "active wear". Not just baggy tees and my old sweats.
    I've also been doing the 30DS (for a week, I know, big whoop) now, but on days I just don't "feel like it", I imagine how much better I'll feel afterwards. I don't want to feel like a big frump, so I just tell myself "get it over with already". After it's over, I feel much more accomplished than I would have, had I just sat on the couch. :)
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    When I was 16 or thereabouts, my mother, who's a natural athlete, decided she was going to turn me into a track star... or something, and I promise you, you couldn't possibly imagine a person more unsuited to that type of thing than me (=chubby nerd) at the time. Her efforts included hauling me out of bed at ridiculous hours of the morning, making me cycle 3 miles to the nearest fitness parcours, there to insist I run another 3 miles. Surprisingly, both my mother and I survived the experience (which lasted roughly a week, in total), and I promptly took a solemn oath never to run another step in my life.

Skip ahead 30 years.

I decided to do something about those 200+ lbs I weighed at my worst, and in addition to sensible eating I started strength training and cardio on alternating days (cardio then = brisk walking). It worked great until I fell down the stairs at my parents house and, as it turned out soon after, tore a ligament in my hip in the tumble. Nothing major, but I couldn't walk on the treadmill anymore, because my stride is fairly long and the extension was excruciatingly painful. But I could RUN--shorter stride, you see?

So I started running. I've been running ever since. No huge distances--generally about 5k--but I go trail-running so I suppose that makes up for it. And guess what? I absolutely love it! :bigsmile:
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It does get better! I wasn't a fan of exercise at all, but now I love it. I love how much stronger I've gotten! Having someone to exercise with has helped me a lot too :)