nothing is working

Options
I just want to throw in the towel, ive been eating less and working out and NOTHING is working. I want to cry and give up this stupid pooch wont go anywhere the only place ive gained muscle is in my legs. I don't know what to do anymore!!!! Help!!!!

Replies

• RubyDavies
    RubyDavies Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating per day?
  • Beccastewrt
    Options
    hun just remember that the weight was not gained over night and that it will not disappear. I know this sounds stupid and I am sure you have heard it before but if you need someone to talk to I am here. I feel like 8minute abs are doing a good job for me so maybe you want to try that =]
  • RubyDavies
    Options
    Becca makes a good point - the weight won't drop off over night! Especially if you're not massively overweight and only need to lose a little bit. It's taken me at least 3 months to lose 8 pounds and at the time it felt like i'd lost nothing - looking back now It's all been worth it!
    Just keep trying! You can do it, just don't cheat and give it your all. If you want to friend me then feel free - I struggle to lose too! xxx
  • neekz0r
    neekz0r Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing it, have you been keeping track of your calories, and what have you tried?
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Why stop when you just started..Its times like this that you will either grow or fail and failure in my book isn't a option.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    You're only about ten pounds from goal, right? This might be the time when you need to change up your routine. Try changing your settings to .5lb/week... increase your protein, I know that's challenging when you're vegetarian but Silver Hills bread is really good and high in protein... depending what you're doing for workouts, try decreasing your cardio and increasing your strength training... maybe you even just need to take a week off with no tracking, no exercising, get some extra sleep, and come back to it refreshed.

Good luck!
  • Par8hed4life
    Par8hed4life Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I am on a 4 week plateau and I am extremely frustrated. However, I know that my body is making small changes as I measure in and take photos every 30 days. ( my next set will be this weekend). I have tried eating more calories, eating less calories, and working out more. At this point I am going to focus more on my strength training and less on my cardio. I will still do cardio, but muscle burns fat and I need to build and keep my exisitng muscle to become a fat burning machine.
    I know it is fustrating, but this is a lifestyle change not a fad.
    Keep with it and we will get through this!!!
  • RubyDavies
    Options
    Becca makes a good point - the weight won't drop off over night! Especially if you're not massively overweight and only need to lose a little bit. It's taken me at least 3 months to lose 8 pounds and at the time it felt like i'd lost nothing - looking back now It's all been worth it!
    Just keep trying! You can do it, just don't cheat and give it your all. If you want to friend me then feel free - I struggle to lose too! xxx
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I've said this before, so sorry if you've seen this answer:

I can't see your food diary to comment but, a few questions for you to answer just to yourself:

1. Are you being consistent? Are you logging your food everyday?
    2. Are you being accurate? Are you weighing/measuring your food? watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
    3. Are you logging ALL foods and drinks?
    4. Are staying within your calorie goal at least 90% of the time?

If the answer to any of these questions is "no," then you need to take a few weeks and be more accurate and accountable for your foods. THEN, see what the scale says.

If you answered "yes" to all of the questions, then maybe you should open up you food diary so others can see it to offer advice. It's possible that you have too large of a calorie deficit, or too small of one. Without knowing things like your height, weight, and calorie goal, it's hard to know what advice to give.

Also, you only have 10 pounds to lose? Is this a short term goal or are you already pretty lean? The less you have to lose, the slower it goes. You can't get the large deficits that others with more weight to lose can get. It just takes more time!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    ^ This.

This stuff takes willpower, discipline over a lengthy period of time. You've got to realize that your weight problem didn't happen overnight, or over a month. It probably happened years ago and will take a significant amount of time to reverse. You are essentially healing.
  • gadzukks
    gadzukks Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Check your diet, you may be eating too many carbs and not enough protein. Also, when working out, focus on your major muscle groups (legs and chest)they burn more energy when being worked.
  • sedelagarza
    sedelagarza Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I literally gained 25 lbs in 2 months. I had my tubes tide and then boom it hit. I try and eat my calories everyday but its hard especially when more are added for exercise. I just want my old body back or something close to it, heck even after I had my second child I went back to my normal Jean sizein about a week. This is so depressiong. I'm naturally a thin person so when I gain even 1 pound you can see it. I always hear people say cut out carbs, don't cut out carbs. Eat wheat and whole grains, don't eat wheat and whole grains they make you puffy, cut out dairy, don't cut out dairy. I'm so lost and confused and tired of looking like this. Ive been working out for a while now a.d eating healthy for the majority but I just started tracking everything.