Who is working to be fit at fourty

Options

Replies

• slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've not read all the posts, but I said to my husband in June 2010 that I wanted to lose 2 stone before I was 40 - (my 40th was Sept 2011). Well I joined weight watchers in July 2010 and lost just over 2 stone by November 2010. So not only was I fit at 40 I kept it off, and still have, although fluctuate a bit hence being on MFP!

It's never too late and it CAN BE DONE!

Good luck x
  • cal1958
    Options
    Happy birthday to all that will celebrate a birthday soon, espically turning 40! It's really not as bad as you might think. I started tracking my food intake on this site in mid January of this year and have gotton more out of it that I ever thought. As for turning 40 and fit, I missed that boat about 14 years ago. So I am shooting for fit at 55. I have until next January to reach my goal so I have plenty of time. I do have to say that I do feel better now then back when I turned 40. I do weight training 3 times a week along with cardio on an ellipitcal for 40 mins and 35 mins on a tread mill. On off days, I do 40 mins on the ellipitcal. I rest on the weekends. I could never have done that much at 40. Trust your elders when they say it's much easier to lose it when your younger than wait until you are older to lose it. Good luck to everyone and stay focused on your personal goals. PS I started my work out program the second week of January.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'll be 39 in May, too! I'm in the best shape of my life right now, so bring it on, 40!
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    hi, i'm 39 next week. Working really hard at my fitness as well as my weight loss. Definately gonna be in shape for my 40th.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I don't feel so alone now at all. Let's make our 40's great!

Here is a question :

Name one thing you want to do in your 40s (or I see one 50) that you were not fit enough to do in your 30s....

I would like to be able to jog/run at least a half marathon. If any of you new commenters of this post want to add me feel free to do so :) We can make ourselves look great at any age!
  • ACEgirl1
    ACEgirl1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I just turned 37 in December, but I want to be in the best shape of my life by 40. I still "think" like I am young, and I want to look as good as I "think"! Ha!

ETA: I also want to run for at least 5 miles. I have never run more than 1 mile in my life. :)
  • cingerl
    cingerl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have t tight timeline. I turn 40 this May 12th! trying to reach 115 by then and going to Vegas in June.
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Oh crap!!

I had not thought about this. I will be 39 in April.... Oh Man!!!! now I have something to stress about.

Just kidding, I could care less about turing 40. I want to be fit regardless of the age.. if it happens by the time I turn 40 so be it.

Age is just a number. RIGHT?
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    i am 40 :)
    [/quot

You look fantastic!
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I will be 39 in April

you do not look 39 :smile:
  • cruiser3004
    cruiser3004 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'll be forty in April this year, week 5 into my twelve week challenge that will end just before my birthday.

I'll be doing week nine of C25K next week (run 3 x 5k's in 30 minutes). My resting heart rate is 54, and my blood pressure is completely normal.

I have the being fit thing down, just need to shift these last ten kilos and I will be in the best shape of my life.
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I turn 42 in September! I'm hoping to reach my goal of 100 pounds lost b4 then! I have 22 pounds to go. I had lost 38 pounds b4 joining MFP
  • cryingwolfeblog
    Options
    Agreed. Started in March of last year and getting better every day. Down 65 pounds since then. A reality of adding years to our lives. (I turned 40 on October 4)
  • knelson422
    Options
    Yes, I will be 40 next year. I want 15 more pounds off by then (actually by May 9th is my goal, and then to maintain into the rest of my life), I am looking forward to my 40's. They will be a breeze compared to my 30's, maybe? Is having teenagers more work than having babies? I ...hope... not. I need to enjoy these babies now. I know teenage years can be tough.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 45 in April and one week before my Bday I'm doing a Warrior Dash!!!! Maybe the next thing Ill do is a tough Mudder. Feel free to add me if you'd like. :happy:
  • divasoofly
    divasoofly Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Oh, yes! This is definitely my goal. I am working hard to be maintaining my goal by then. I will 39 next Wednesday so I am actively working at it. Good luck to you on the journey.
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hello! I turned 40 in August and I have been very dedicated to be fit, slim & Healthy by time I turn 42. I have approx. 40lbs to go to reach my ultimate goal weight!!! Feel free to add me (if I am not to old LOL).....
    Take Care,
    Kim
  • RNMachine
    Options
    I turn 39, this year, and I'm like most on here...goin' for it and not looking back! Feel free to add me for support! Like one of my kiddo's movies says, "We're all in this together!"
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    Just turned 40 in January! My sister started focusing on getting in shape leading up to turning 40 and now she is insanely fit. I'm going to follow her lead!!
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Well I started my healthy life style at 35 before turning 36, so I had gotten a jump start before 40. But a surgery happened and a loss of a parent, but I'm still aiming for my goal weight. I turn 41 in April and hopefully by summer I will reach my goal.