I've eaten loads of cake mix ... argh!

Options
13»

Replies

• kimr41
    kimr41 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I love raw batter myself. I ate a whole box of cake mix just last Sat. night for dinner
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Well it's too late to do anything about this week's cake but..today is another day. Strive to do better next week. I for one wouldn't take cake to class anymore! Is there a reason you always have to take cake?? Take some cut up fruit like watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, pineapple, etc. Most people like it. I give in to temptation so I just can't be around that stuff.. especially in my own home! Good luck to you and be strong!
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    I chew gum...and the 2nd the cake is in the oven. I clean the mixer.

I bake cupcakes a lot. I have 150 cupcakes to bake the end of March. First job baking cupcakes...:D
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Well it's too late to do anything about this week's cake but..today is another day. Strive to do better next week. I for one wouldn't take cake to class anymore! Is there a reason you always have to take cake?? Take some cut up fruit like watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, pineapple, etc. Most people like it. I give in to temptation so I just can't be around that stuff.. especially in my own home! Good luck to you and be strong!

I Have been baking for my class every week since September. I am a Vegan and brought in Vegan cupcakes and they were amazed they tasted so good and were Vegan!

It's my Birthday next Thursday ... I think they're going to bake something for me instead.
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    how much batter is left over? Why not cut back down on the recipe so there are no unused leftovers. Or you could try offering a differing treat other than baking. Or you could buy store bought items with just enough in the container so that there is one per person. Some store bought sweets bought in the bakery section do not really taste "store bought" since they are baked right there fresh. I understand you like baking, but if you can't find some self-control, maybe it will be best to put that hobby on pause for awhile....

I do like to bake for other people. The class gives me an opportunity to do some baking as i don't do it any other time. If I did I would be the size of the house!
    I do need some self control! lol It was a lot harder tonight as it's 'my time of the month' and it all goes out the window if i'm feeling over emotional.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Oh no, I don't know how anyone can eat raw cake mix :|

Me neither -- all I can think about are the raw eggs and the possibility of getting salmonella! LOL I feel the same way about raw cookie dough.

Although it might no change your opinion it is Vegan cake batter so there are no eggs

I taste my cake mix to see if it's sugary enough (by taste I mean I eat a pea size amount), but other than that it's far too icky tasting for me to eat it, I hate the texture.
  • londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    There's lots of healthier cake recipes made with grated vegetables and use ground nuts and things instead of fat/sugar maybe try making one of them? eating raw grated potato/courgette etc is not nice lol
  • knelson422
    Options
    I hear you, sister!!! I have the same issue, made cookies for my daughter's class, ate 1 dozen, yes that is correct, 1 dozen. Today I "started over", once again. I am learning that I need to allow myself to have a treat, but somehow be in control, which is so hard for me. I went for 1 year without chocolate on a bet, why do I have such a hard time? I read in a book (I think "Body For Life" by some trainer that he encouraged his clients to eat well for 6 days, the 7th they could eat whatever. That their bodies would get to the point that they1) don't want to ruin all their hard work and 2) they feel gross when they eat that much and learn to stop. In order to not do that, I need to keep a food journal, writing down what I eat, when I eat it, and if there is an emotion associated with how I am eating. I didn't do that yesterday, and it showed. Good luck. Don't be too hard on yourself. This is a journey. I wish I could be a person who could, "Just don't eat the cake mix", but I have an issue. It is like putting a drink in front of an alcoholic for me.
  • kvsmith59
    kvsmith59 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    LOL. I'm doing a meal replacement shake every day and it tastes exactly like cake mix.
  • Willpowerofsteel
    Options
    Oh my, I can so relate - to all of it!! I am also vegan and I love to bake stuff for people who think that all vegan food is bland and boring - but I definitely can get myself in trouble over it. I love cake batter, brownie batter, cookie dough, etc...and I think knowing there aren't eggs in there makes me feel all the more entitled to lick the spoon!

My saving grace is my three kids, I can always find someone to lick the bowl and spoon for me! And if they're not around, one trick is to just throw it in a sink full of soapy water before I can change my mind. :)