Favorite Brand of Shoes

Options
jferris91
jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
Hey guys here soon I am looking to buy a new pair of shoes. What would you recommend me buying. I am kinda rough on shoes they dont last to long so I am looking for some shoes that are durable. I usually by nike shoes...but any suggestions are worthy :)

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I prefer heels my self, with of course a pedicure.
  • joey200for2
    joey200for2 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Aasics are my favorites!
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Nike always seems to last the longest. Pretty durable in my opinion
  • kasrentz
    kasrentz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Brooks
  • DanL66712
    DanL66712 Posts: 135
    Options
    It's all about a good pair of converse on blokes. Can't go wrong with a pair of Louboutins for women.

Converse are a bugger to keep clean mind you.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Running shoes, you mean?

The best thing to do is go to a running store and get fitted based on your stride. Just because a particular brand or style works well for me does not mean it will for you.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I prefer heels my self, with of course a pedicure.

I was going to recommend Gianni Bini - GORGEOUS!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Brooks

LOVE those! But I can only get them at one place here. :-(
  • k1ngfl1pper
    k1ngfl1pper Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Workouts - Nike has always done right by me. Work - I've grown to appreciate Clark's (Axl's in particular).
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Depends on the need... my favorite running shoes - are Brooks Glycerine and Brooks Trance.

My favorite go to shoe is nothing more than my speedo flip flops (bad for the feet, I know)...but I'm a flip flop kinda gal :)
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    La sportiva are so comfortable and built to take a beating. I have a pair that I use to run tough mudders in and wash when done. They still look and perform like new. The footbed provides a really custom fit. I love shoes and go through any other brand at the rate of a pair per month! I still have the first pair of la sportivas I ever purchased.
  • LisaJ2904
    LisaJ2904 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    U wern't specific in your title and I am a magpie for shoes, therefore My faves are 'Schuh' I aim for a new pair of heels every two months xxx lol lol lol xxx
  • ccb1030
    ccb1030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner, but I work 12+ hrs on my feet. I wear Asics or Saucony to work, and my feet don't hurt at the end of the day. LOVE them!

ETA: I have about 3 pair at any given time that I rotate through during the week. They last me over a year, but I suspect it's because I don't wear them every single day.
  • mickyjd
    mickyjd Posts: 97
    Options
    Aasics are my favorites!

This :)
  • willidewbaby
    Options
    Bump
  • blv0267
    blv0267 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I was all excited to write Christian Louboutin.

I like my saucony's. but like another poster wrote...it's well worth the time to be fitted properly for sneakers. It took me several tries and maybe an hour or so to settle on the above.
  • willidewbaby
    Options
    Go to a running store and they will "fit" you for your style. AND listen to them they are right. A good pair of running shoes will last at least 300 miles, but only wear them for running.
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Sketchers have lasted the longest for me (current pair are 2.5 years old and just bought a new pair for work outs).

But I also hear Nike lasts for quite awhile.
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Aasics are my favorites!

Meee too. After an knee injury my physiotherapist suggested them. Great support. Very durable.

14839892.png
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I like K-Swiss